helicopter

hellichopchop

orange juice

owanch juice

how cute are you!
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    crotch-eting = crocheting
    I had a hard time with the 'ch' in a lot of words learning English, but that one was embarrassing :) Especially since I said it until I was 15.

Not mine, but cute... my mother's name was Muriel, and when my cousin tried to say it as a toddler, it came out 'moonie'. So from that day on, my mom was 'aunt moonie' to all my cousins :)
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Everything. Including my own name. It is cruel parents who give their child with the lisp all these s sounds in her name.

But...after 7 years of speech therapy and lots of forced public speaking, I can pronounce everything except swallow and follow. Comes out swawow and fowow.
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Oh and for a while "truck" was "*kitten*"

My dad loves telling that story haha.

This one never gets old. Nice!
  • Perfume - Pewfume

Des Moines - Denyes Moinyes
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    specific always got it mixed up with pacific. Silly kid brain.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    My 5-year old butchers 'hand sanitizer". He calls it "hamitizer"
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    inciderate instead of insinuate - all my Dad's fault he use to say it in jest

My sister used to hear it's a free crunchie (ie chocolate bar) not "country" could be wishful thinking
  • vikkijaye
    vikkijaye Posts: 25 Member
    Apple sauce and Apple juice were always Happy sauce and Happy juice - apparently I could say them correctly - just didnt.

haha that's great!

I still say sketti for spaghetti, guess i'm just lazy!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    My friend that lived across the street couldn't pronounce Monongahela as a teenager (a river in Pittsburgh - pronounced ma-non-gah-hey-la)...she would always say Ma-honga-lay-lee.

:laugh: As an adult...I would still butcher this one. :laugh:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Ha, I'm pretty sure that even as a kid I was a grammar nazi....I don't recall butchering any words.:ohwell:
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    As a kid - I couldn't pronounce my Rs... I actually had to go to speech therapy... so...

Tree... was Twee
    Dollar... was dollah
    Purse... not even going to spell out how that sounded

so now imagine... me as a kid... in a store with my mom asking to look in her purse... Yep... :laugh:
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    My son couldn't say 's' or 'sm' in a word he would substitute 'f', so he would ask for 'farties' (smarties) He couldn't pronounce 'v' in a word and would substitute 'b', so one Christmas he asked for a 'dibing and fimming action man' (diving and swimming). We had endless problems with the word 'suck' spoken in public!!

He would sat 'tut noah' for lawn mower (cut mower) and he was about 12 before he could say 'Millenium Falcon''!

He speaks beautifully now and works with children with special needs and speech problems!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    my mum as a kid once asked for operated milk instead of evaporated...
    my little sister instead of quiet - carrot, Ian - E-nan that ones stuck!,

I still have issues with tooth...
    i have teeth, or a tooth... but i use a tuf-brush, and get tuf-ache
    i hadnt even noticed i did it till my ex complained and kept correcting me... and he was from yorkshire! :|
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    lasagna. " la-ba-zan-ya." lol
  • NextChapter60
    NextChapter60 Posts: 78 Member
    My five-year-old grandson loves music, and we heard him singing "I love rock-n-roll, Put another dime in the juice box baby!" (Ya sing what ya know!) So I took him to a retro diner and we put money in the juke box. Just so he'd know.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    I STILL can't say testosterone 80% of the time it comes out tostesterone much to my fiance's amusement *sigh*

However my fiance's cousin, when she was little, once said " I won't not never eat no mata-taters" translation " I won't eat tomatoes" :P

I also used to pronounce pilates, Pie-lates and meme meh-may until I was rather embarrassingly corrected *facepalm* (these are all adult butchers by the way... and I sometimes still say Meh-may, to the screaming frustrated replies of "IT'S MEME SARAH")
  • schparks
    schparks Posts: 74 Member
    "human bean" instead of being.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    "Emmint" Instead of "No I'm not." I'd say, "No I emmint."