If you're a fan of crockpot cheeseburgers...

Replies

• SCSleeve2012
    SCSleeve2012 Posts: 76 Member
    bump for later sounds great!
  • bump
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Save this one off so I can try it, thanks!
  • JessMason24
    JessMason24 Posts: 38 Member
    bump
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I don't think we discuss Velveeta enough on MFP.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    I don't think we discuss Velveeta enough on MFP.
    agreed.
    i had some the other night at a friends house who has been on a "clean eating" kick forever - apparently she finally read the label on the velveeta and decided (other than the sodium) it wasnt so bad lol
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    I noticed I only have chocolate milk. That seems like it might not be to good.
    I'm going to have to go buy milk then. I usually don't drink cows milk.

I notice that you could add panko bread crumbs to the top as well. I really think I might have to make this tonight, even if its with water.

I actually made hamburger helper once with chocolate milk because it's all I had in the house and believe it or not, could not taste a difference.
    thats interesting. ive subbed v8 for milk before in mac & cheese because i didnt realize we were out of milk until the pasta was done cooking lol it was amazing but i dont think id want to try it with chocolate milk
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    yumm, thanks for posting
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    I made this quite similar. The differences are I use half ground beef/half ground turkey and instead of velveeta I use 1/4 a thing of light cream cheese and 1/4 c reduced fat sargentos sharp cheddar(sargentos seems to melt better than other brands). and whole wheat noodles. The velveeta makes the sodium out of control for me. and the ground turkey/ground beef mix I use for everything and my family hasn't picked up on it yet ;-)

It comes in 270cals 23 carbs 9 fat 21 prot 101 sodium/serving and 6 servings. With a salad it's delicious!!

oh I don't add salt to anything and always use low sodium options. I'm salt sensitive.

For the kids they add ketchup and melt cheese on top! If I have calories left I do to ;-)

Awesome I was looking for a Velveeta substitute.. I use enough salt other places... :o) thanks for this
  • Luc245
    Luc245 Posts: 73
    yum!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Yummo
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    I was hopping this could be made in a crock pot.

Me too! Then I was going to convert it in to a pressure
    cooker recipe and cook it in about 4 minutes! LOL
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    That's pretty much my idea of food hell, LOL. Still, it's a good job we don't all like the same things, or food shortages would be even more rife :wink:
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Bump
  • bump
  • jofjltncb6
    That's pretty much my idea of food hell, LOL. Still, it's a good job we don't all like the same things, or food shortages would be even more rife :wink:

Shhhh! You're ruining my plan.

Now, let's talk about Hostess Twinkies.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    bump

tumblr_mdtfmaU7ag1rokywzo1_500.gif
  • Jazz_Hands
    Jazz_Hands Posts: 55 Member
    Having this again tonight!
    It's one of my favorite recipes of all time. OF ALL TIME!

nom-mre-bean.gif
  • WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    bump
  • jofjltncb6
    Contrarian wrote: »
    Yummy... looks like my next recipe to "tweak" can never just make anything according to the directions :)
    Thank you!

People rave about it cooked exactly this way. I'd try it first before you "tweak" it. Sometimes you just can't improve upon perfection.

:flowerforyou:

My family LOVED it the way it was written. They are usually so picky, but they gobbled it up!

@Contrarian - come back. We miss you.