"Your job is to take care of me"

13»

Replies

• basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Life is a two way street. I don't think it is anyone JOB to take care of someone else. If in a marraige there is great harmony then I think we would just WANT to take care of our partner. but JOB, no I don't think so!!!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    I find it rather comical that if you ask what a husbands/fathers role is- primarily his job is to take care of his family. It is a job for everyone at times, its work and its not always easy but its rewarding- tell me that is not a job.

If I get married again, it will be my job to make him happy, and his mine. Not to serve, but to treat it as important as a job.
    That being said- is he really upset your helping someone who is dying? If so, let him know, when you are dying, you know I'll take care of you too!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    petulent child comes to mind....and a bit whiney, self serving and controlling. Yep...heard it from my ex husband...and you know what,

Dani...could you please say it again?

I just broke up with him...

okay, so there was a lot more going on....but I would probably point out to your husband that he isn't 4.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    i don't tell my wife what her job is.

i tell her what mine is: to take care of her and my son.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Just break up.

^ this.

seriously though, the next time he says that, tell him if he wanted a wife who would exist solely to serve him and only him, he should have married his mother.

i'm an unmarried guy... but even i know that's just an asinine viewpoint your husband has about marriage.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    is it my job?
    Depends. What's your salary or wage? Do you get benefits? Paid vacation?
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Just break up.

yep, this is your only option.

I thought your avatar was a naked bum.

Mee too! I thought that too!! Had to actually click on the profile just to make sure... Does this mean we have dirty minds?
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    No it is not your job unless he pays you for it. People who care for others usually make about $20-$50 and hour so tell him to fork over $480 a day or stop squawking! :) Seriously though I really hope your friend is okay. You are kind to care for others in this way.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    As long as your relationship is good, don't mind the word vomit.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    tell him that if he has a complaint about your skills as a wife, to go ahead and say it so that you two can discuss it, otherwise, to stop insinuating that you are being a bad wife by being a good friend/daughter/sister/mother to the other people in your life.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Just break up.

I actually still cant figure out what it is..

Bicep, red t-shirt.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    tell him that if he has a complaint about your skills as a wife, to go ahead and say it so that you two can discuss it, otherwise, to stop insinuating that you are being a bad wife by being a good friend/daughter/sister/mother to the other people in your life.

I agree w/ the above,...& heres my 2cents..,...It seems 2 hav bothered u because the way he made it seem was as if it was yur duty/obligation....(UGH)....we as mates take of eachother outtta love,kindness,goodness,faith etc....NOT CAUSE IT'S "OUR JOB"-cause Honey if that was the case....we'd Quit the job a long time ago.
  • ...said my husband, only halfway joking, last night when I was going to help out a friend whose husband is dying.

I've been married almost 20 years, and this statement is the crux of almost EVERY issue we have.
    I have a major issue with this statement, but I can't quite put my finger on the problem. Yes, I agreed to marry him--- and that does mean we are responsible for taking care of each other. But.... is it my job?

I'd appreciate any insight. I really can't figure out why this bothers me so much.

I think the bold part is why it bothers you so much.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    You take care of him, he takes care of you. It works. :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Just break up.

I actually still cant figure out what it is..

Bicep, red t-shirt.

Now, I'm not a dude, but if I was and someone mistaked my bicep for a booty, I'd be flattered.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    i think the heart of the issue is that you are the "heart" of the family and as you know, muscle weighs more than fat. He's trying to be the fatty tissue around your heart and it is making it harder for you to beat. You do realize this though, right? Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    i think the heart of the issue is that you are the "heart" of the family and as you know, muscle weighs more than fat. He's trying to be the fatty tissue around your heart and it is making it harder for you to beat. You do realize this though, right? Muscle weighs more than fat.

The truth is she wants me bad. That is the heart of it!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Just break up.

Me too. I absolutely cannot tell what that is in the little pic.

PS - Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. 1 pound = 1 pound.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    I do believe it's part of your committment to one another to take care of each other. It's a two way street though. How did this even come about? Was he trying to prevent you from going out with your friend last night? Like you weren't doing your "job" by leaving the house?