ShamROCKIN' Sixers Week 2

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    didn't do kettle balls today. did a 5 station workout. i did it 3 rounds. there was the medicine ball 12#s, throw it up on the wall and catch it go down into a low squat, step up on a 12" box, weighted bar and do deadlifts 50#, than weighted bar 20# do over head presses, than rowing machine. a very good sweaty workout.

later
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Verda, I meant to say.. I have hypothyroidism and know ALL too well how brutal the thyroid "bulge" can be. It is incredibly easy for me to put weight on and I have to work extra hard to get it off again. So frustrating. But, we can only work with what we have and do our best!!! Keep on trying because it's better than the alternative EVERY time :)
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Stupid easter eggs.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Long hours are my diet this week. I've still got a day of work left, and I've already gotten 40 billable hours this week (meaning, more than 40 hours spent at work). I'm just crossing my fingers that I get to eat lunch tomorrow.

Kristin - Kadence is so cute! She looks like she has a ton of personality.

Happy Friday everyone! If I survive this week, I'm having a drink tomorrow and I don't care how many calories it is.

-Alison
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Kristen - Your pictures are soooo cute.

Late right now and i need to get some sleep. Hope to catch up on personals this weekend. Got all my water in today, but the last few days I haven't. Take care everyone!
    Sandy
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Amy's Shred report Day 2 - I got a little further today! :bigsmile: Still didn't finish circuit 1, but I'm getting closer! I'm worn out! I think every muscle in my body is tired and sore.

I went over my cals today by 236, but I didn't have as much sodium today as yesterday. I was over by 800 yesterday and only 400 today. So I'm happy!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Hi my beautiful ladies.

I promise I'm not ignoring you. I haven't even had time to read through everyone's posts, so definitely can't do personals. Just wanted to do a quick check-in.

I ran over 3 miles outside on hills yesterday in my neighborhood for the first time EVER in 28 minutes. I was tinkled pink with myself. I have since discovered that my legs and bum knee are actually ready for a 5K. My lungs on the other hand need some improvement. But it's a start.

Got to finish work, get to the gym for Zumba (thinking of you B), get to my kid's school because someone in the cafeteria isn't there so I get to run around (going to wear my HRM just out of curiosity), helping a bunch of kindergartener and first graders open these snacks their parents sent with them. Then quickly to doing errands, maybe coffee, with SIL, and bible meeting tonight.

So I promise, you are all in my thoughts all day long and I'm kicking myself for not "hanging out" more. But I'll see what I can do at least by the other side of the weekend (have kids ALL weekend for a change - so excited).

Have a wonderful FRIDAY and an awesome, productive, active weekend. Miss you guys
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Wow! Must be a busy day for everyone.

I got through my 3rd day of Shred! I got just a little bit further again today. Still sore, but not quite as bad as earlier. I did great on my cals today too. And was only over by 76 on my sodium. I've only gotten about half my water today though. But in all, I'm happy with how I did today! :bigsmile: My plan is to continue Shred over the weekend too. The kids have a birthday party tomorrow and pizza will be served. I plan on eating some, but hopefully I can have the willpower to not eat too much. Luckily, the party starts at 11:30 am, so I have plenty of time to work it off.

Have a great weekend!!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Good morning. Busy, busy, busy day. Work as usual. Then teaching the bible in the morning and meeting in the afternoon. Have kids all weekend, so I'm excited, but already feeling the exhaustion setting in. No formal exercise today. Was going to try and do a quick run outside but it is POURING. So just need to be really good about my eating as I am on a roll weight loss wise (I think).

Hope you all are having a good day and get to do something fun this weekend :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Kristin - Cadence is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Wow, those are some awesome pics. You are looking great too. You have alot to be very proud of. Thanks for sharing them.

uecgVftZ91767265.gif
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Good Saturday morning Sixers! Sorry I have not been posting for a few days but I was MOVING that son of mine AGAIN! I swear each time that it is the last, but;;;;;! I started late Wed and I finished up Friday afternoon. I put in really long hours to get most of it done! I don't know if I'm stupid or nice! My husband says the first for doing it over and over again! I better have a good weigh in on Tuesday! Good job ladies on the workouts, it really comes down to both fitness and the amount of food we eat to lose weight/ or be healthy! Kristen thank you for sharing your loves:love: , what a beautiful family!
    Verda
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    omg sixers, how i have missed you! woah forums moving a little slow this week. haha. anyways I AM BACK (for now) I feel like I can't keep up with everyone's lives because mine is too overwhelming for me let alone anyone elses. I am exhausted, I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to my day off tomorrow, I am going to spend it cleaning my room, doing homework, and maybe even cleaning my car. It has been in the 50's the last couple days here in MI and I am LOVING the warmer weather, I cannot wait until we are in the 70's. SO good news I suppose, I got the job as a Divemaster in Florida, so my entire summer is going to be spent in florida! YAY! And hopefully, besides coming home to visit and pack more things up, I will never have to return to Michigan again! :bigsmile: . The bad news is since tuesday, when i got dehydrated working out, I havent felt like myself... I have felt out of it, and sometimes I get cramps, and I have slept like total crap all week. I haven't even had time to talk to my boyfriend really, and i miss him IMMENSELY, I would be on the phone with him now except he went out camping/mudding last night and he wont have service until later today. I am going to work out after work today, It looked like I was down some today when i weighed in. i am not sure though. And I REALLY need to make it to the gym a lot more the next two weeks. I need to show big results for my personal trainer weigh in on my birthday. So I am hoping that taking time to declutter my life and relax tomorrow will help me get everything back under control.

I have noticed that some people have been missing the last couple days, Tiff? Tamm? AmyS? just to name a few, Where is everyone this week!? Your all in my thoughts!

And I wanna do a couple personals, I don't have time for a large amount, but i would still like to do a few!

Em - thanks for the words of encouragement!!!

Cathy- love the workout!

Rhi- Easter Eggs?! lol isnt it a little early for that?!

Alison - SOUNDS LIKE YOU DESERVE THAT DRINK!!!!!

Amypyr- WOOO SHRED IT OUT GIRLIE!!!!

izzypup- YAY WATER!

Lula- Keep up the great work SISTA! Thats awesome!! :)

vhuber- gosh busy busy busy! I am sure you will show great numbers though!!!!!

I am sorry the personals are so short, but i do mean all my words of encouragement!!!!!
    HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY SIXERS!!!!
    B
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Hey ladies... I'll be away from the group for a while. My computer has a virus and its so annoying. I did get to go look for houses and I've found 3 I like. So decision time is soon. Hope everyone is doing well.

Talk to you as soon as I can!

Tamm
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Hey guys!! I'm mia right now... And will be until I get over the flu! I finally lost the fight with the sickness. Have been sleeping 10 hrs a night just to make it through the day. Hope you all have a great week! I should be feeling better soon :)
  • its_B
    Hey sixers!!!!!!!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, HAPPY SUNDAY! I am spending today cleaning my room, possibly my car, organizing school and scuba stuff, picking out pictures that i want to print out for my photo album, doing hw for school, and studying ASVAB. While my boyfriend in Ocala is trying to make money by hosting a yard sale, because his mom and him have 2 weeks to come up with over 1,500 dollars or they are going to loose their house and their land. :sad: :noway: :grumble: :indifferent: :sick: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

They are such good people, i hate watching them go through this. And I can't do anything besides wut little money i have to em.... i wish i lived in florida so bad, SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO BADLY!

Okay on a side note, I found my towards motivation. The stuff I have REALLY been lacking lately.... And I found it in a bathing suit I bought back in the day, and never got to wear because I put on pregnancy weight before i even got to wear it.... So I grew some balls (as my friends would say) and tried on the bathing suit last night... surprisingly I got it on.... but... god the result was not pretty. It honestly made me cry to see myself like that... so i took pictures, and decided I wasnt really going to care unless I showed other people my shame... So Sixers, If you need to shield ur eyes from my fat *kitten* I will totally understand, but i thought this would really help me... Because by summer, I want to look FOXY in this bathing suit.

22m97q.jpg

our2j6.jpg

xnettg.jpg

Gahhh, the last one is the one tht upset me the most... seriously, sobbed. Who knew i has such cottage cheese legs n butt! So ya, every day that i loose focus and dont want to eat right or work out, i am going to just log into MFP and look at my default picture....

Alrighty, I hope i didnt burn everyone's retinas! I am sorry,
    <3
    B
  • vhuber
    Ohhhhh B!!
    I laughed, not at your pictures or your feelings but what and how you wrote!! Yes I agree, you NEED to get after it and lose the weight not only for yourself but for your new job and of course the seams on the swimsuit would appreciate it too! You will be taken more seriously in your job if you not only do but LOOK the part! Get what I mean! I think you are extremely brave to post your pics but it also tells me how badly you want to ditch the pounds and yes I think they will be a great motivator! Please Log EVERYTHING you eat and wear a heart rate monitor to see how much you are actually burning! YOU can do this B, you are young, active and willing so get after it girl! And by the way my retinas are still fine!!!
    Verda
  • its_B
    vhuber! lol that made me smile. I am VERY desperate to lose the weight. And i promise I look MUCH better in the swimsuit i wear for work, i bought that one 3 or 4 years ago... and never got to wear it, and i held on to it thinking i would always fit back into it. my normal one piece looks A LOT better i sweat, much more flattering. But its true, its hard to be a scuba diver, who does scuba diving for a living, when i dont look very good in a bathing suit!!!! but you did just make my day... i dont know where to get a heart moniter, or even what kind ot get though!!!!!
    B
  • bahamomma87
    bahamomma87 Posts: 164
    Hey girls... ive been searching for my motivation that i had in the beginning .... All the traveling got me so off track .... but all my trips are over until June ... so i want to make some serious progress...... my 23rd birthday is in May... and I would love to be in the 240's by then ... thats like twenty lbs !!!! I know I can do it .... Ive been working out ... so its mainly my eating i have to get in check....

Cathy-- hows the hamstring?? so glad your enjoying your treadmill ....i LOVE LOVE LOVE that miley cyrus song .... !

Lorna-- so glad to hear your doing awesome..... thanks so much ... hehe ... i love going to the mainland ..... ! lol .... Theres Shops, and all kinda stuff there that we dont have here .... but im always glad to come back ... because we dont have starbucks, or burger king, or anyother fast food places here on the island .... so thats GOOD ! ....

Laurynn- so sorry your hurt your back but i think the first great step is recognizing when to rest your body .... !!!! i think we will all sustain LESS injuries if we learn how to do that !

Pam-- so proud of you for logging in food/working out .... HAVE A bLAST On your vaca coming up ! i know you will do awesome...

Amy --- awww im sure its all these tests ! good luck on any you have coming up ! how did you do on the last one?!?

Kel -- omgoodness... what a day you had ..... Im glad that you figured out who the little dog belongs too .... we are always her eto listen !!!

Tamm-- please stay Sane lol ! so we can be sane together .... sounds like we have both had some BUSY days..... !

Sandy -- hope you found your energy !!! XOXO

Rhiannon-- thank you so much for sharing that poem ! I LOVED IT ! ..... and just what i needed today ! XOXO

Ali-- so glad your loving your job girl ! keep it up !

Amy (pyr) -- hope you get your heart rate moniter for mothers day ..... isnt it a wake up call when you try to do a workout !?!?! it really is the best way to guage your fitness !

Kristin-- yay for exercising, and enjoying the weather ! .... so proud of you ..... and I love love love all of kadence phtoos ! SO BEAUTIFUL ! im a photographer so i love pics ! hehe

Tiff-- GET better asap girl !! XOXO

Emmie-- hey you ! Great personals

B- ahhhh my motivating buddy ...... love your photos you shared.... a photo is definately my best way to judge what i want to change in my body .... i am no way shape or form ready to share them with the world ..... but one day !!!! ..... Good luck organizing, cleaning etc .... and im so sorry about your boyfriend and his family ... i hope they earn the 1500 ..... That is scary ..... You are doing such awesome job making your body healthy ! LOVE U ..... big hugs ...... and you will LOOK FAB when summer comes in that swimsuit ! XOXOXO

Love to u all
    be back laterz
  • vhuber
    vhuber! lol that made me smile. I am VERY desperate to lose the weight. And i promise I look MUCH better in the swimsuit i wear for work, i bought that one 3 or 4 years ago... and never got to wear it, and i held on to it thinking i would always fit back into it. my normal one piece looks A LOT better i sweat, much more flattering. But its true, its hard to be a scuba diver, who does scuba diving for a living, when i dont look very good in a bathing suit!!!! but you did just make my day... i dont know where to get a heart moniter, or even what kind ot get though!!!!!
    B
    I wear a Polar F11! It is the chest strap one that transmits to the wrist watch! This was given to me as a gift from my youngest son for x-mas and I really only need a F6 because they are less advanced! F11 have all kinds of uses (even while swimming) that I will never use but hey you are young and in the era of electronic know all that I am sure you would have it figured out in no time! I wear mine for ANY and ALL fitness to calculate how much I can eat and burn!! Best wishes sweetie, you can do this!
    Verda
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    It has been so wonderful to be able to be home this weekend and go shopping for a few new shirts, and groceries, and I even baked some white chocolate macadamia nut blondies to bring in to my work tomorrow. We had a big big big case last week and it went really well Friday, so the week ended on a high note. I already have my oatmeal getting ready in the fridge for tomorrow morning, and for dinner I had a whole bag of steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with some fake butter and shredded italian cheese. Delicious! I think my body has been craving things like water and fruit and veggies since my food and eating schedule has been so off for a whole week.

I think I'd like to get a heart monitor when I save up a little money. My office is in the basement of the historic house my firm is in, and my supervisor's office is on the third floor. And we don't have an elevator. So, I call the staircase closest to my office my "free gym membership." I'm curious to know how many calories I'm burning at work, especially on the days I'm not really getting to eat.

The weather has been great this weekend, and I'm so excited to start taking my dogs out on walks again. I love spring!

I hope everyone has a great week. My goal for this week is just to try to eat healthy food, even when it's late and I'm starving and not in the mood to try to find something healthy. I just have to do it.

-Alison