Not doing very well this week...

Options
I've been following my calories almost perfectly for 6 weeks. Since Friday I have been going over by 200-600 EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! I was going to start fresh today, but I had a piece of cake at work that blew it.

:angry: I worked so hard to lose those 6 pounds and now I've gone and blown a whole week. I know I can get back on track right away, but that doesn't make me any less peeved.

Eating healthy isn't very fun. My husband is totally supportive, but thinks I am taking this whole thing "too seriously." Like, if I want beer and a cheeseburger, I should have it, because I've been eating that way for years and only got 10 or 15 lbs overweight. It's thoughts like that that led to the last week's binge. Bah!

Replies

• kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've been following my calories almost perfectly for 6 weeks. Since Friday I have been going over by 200-600 EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! I was going to start fresh today, but I had a piece of cake at work that blew it.

:angry: I worked so hard to lose those 6 pounds and now I've gone and blown a whole week. I know I can get back on track right away, but that doesn't make me any less peeved.

Eating healthy isn't very fun. My husband is totally supportive, but thinks I am taking this whole thing "too seriously." Like, if I want beer and a cheeseburger, I should have it, because I've been eating that way for years and only got 10 or 15 lbs overweight. It's thoughts like that that led to the last week's binge. Bah!
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    ps - I was thinking as I typed that I would go ride my bike outside for at least half an hour even though I don't really have time to make myself feel better.

It just started to pour! Out of nowhere! :explode:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Breathe....

I think a lot of us are struggling right now to get back into the groove of things.
    I know I am, with summer coming, end of school parties, family get-togethers....it's crazy and difficult to stick to your guns.

Don't beat yourself up. If you have to slowly ween yourself back down to your normal calorie level. That's what I am having to do. I went over all weekend (sometimes by 700 cals) and have just BARELY go it to being about normal.

You can do this, you've proven that. It's just getting back into the game to hold your ground.