Frustrated!!!

Options
Kkmama
Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue right now. I have been eating clean, watching what I am eating, not depriving myself, although sometimes I have let's say a "heavy hand" when putting dinner on the plates... but generally I feel like I am doing the right thing and eating well.

But I have weighed myself only once in the last month, I hate the scale with a passion (and yes I have taken a hammer to one of my previous scales!!!) and when I got on today it said that I have gained 4 pounds since my last check in, but am up only one from when I first started this journey. I am so mad, I just want to scream and throw in the towel.

However I have been working with a personal trainer for the last 5 months and she did a body composition analysis and it says I have lost 4 measily pounds of body fat and gained 16 lbs of muscle. But the scale is staying the same. My body shape really hasn't changed, I am still wearing the same "big girl clothes". Help!

I am also making sure that I am eating most of my exercise cals too. I am doing weights 3 days a week and cardio twice a week, on top of regular life going for walks stuff.

Please help!

kkmama

Replies

• Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue right now. I have been eating clean, watching what I am eating, not depriving myself, although sometimes I have let's say a "heavy hand" when putting dinner on the plates... but generally I feel like I am doing the right thing and eating well.

But I have weighed myself only once in the last month, I hate the scale with a passion (and yes I have taken a hammer to one of my previous scales!!!) and when I got on today it said that I have gained 4 pounds since my last check in, but am up only one from when I first started this journey. I am so mad, I just want to scream and throw in the towel.

However I have been working with a personal trainer for the last 5 months and she did a body composition analysis and it says I have lost 4 measily pounds of body fat and gained 16 lbs of muscle. But the scale is staying the same. My body shape really hasn't changed, I am still wearing the same "big girl clothes". Help!

I am also making sure that I am eating most of my exercise cals too. I am doing weights 3 days a week and cardio twice a week, on top of regular life going for walks stuff.

Please help!

kkmama
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I have been working out, eating great, logging my foods like a saint...

But in the last few days the scale hasn't budged, so I am REALLY weighing and measuring everything. I noticed my idea of a cup of Shredded Wheat was bigger than it should be, so I am back to really controlling each item until I can get through these next few pounds. I was doing so good, so I'm sure this push to measure will help. Have you tried this?
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Okay here are my thoughts--
    Sometimes our heavy handed servings can set us back. By splurging you could be undoing the good you're doing.. so keep the food journal going and pay attention to portion size. It sounds like you're improving your overall fitness level so don't beat yourself up, 4lbs of fat is a big deal! So, keep going at it. Also, I would add this:
    Cardio - you should probably bump up to 4 days a week if you can
    And change it up, if you are doing the same cardio every time you are probably not seeing a change because your body has gotten used to it. I do interval training to keep my body challenged.. it seems to work at motivating me and helping me tone up.
    I haven't seen the scale move at all so I understand your frustration but it takes time and although a month can be a lifetime you need to give yourself more time.

Good luck!!