Settings to:Lose 1/2 lb per week or Lose 1 lb per week?

Options
Well, I am not able to keep under my calorie limit when I set my goal to "lose 1 lb per week". This gets me down and discouraged. Is it a better option to start with a goal of "lose 1/2 lb per week" so that i am able to keep to my calorie limit? Or should I just push myself harder to just stick with it?

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    1/2 lb is not bad at all! btw, do you workout because you can eat back those calories that you burn too. I often times workout just so I can eat more or would workout late at night because I ate too much that day.

Good luck :)
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with setting it to 1/2 lb per week. I do the same as taunto and exercise so I can eat more.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    1/2 lb a week is certainly a reasonable goal regardless of how much weight you want to lose. I say go for it!
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    1/2 pound a week is a great goal ... ESPECIALLY if you don't have much weight to lose. It's better to go about this slowly and steadily than to try to do too much too soon, then giving up because it's too hard. Like the others said, exercise is also great because it allows you to eat more.

Best of luck to you!
  • skvenus
    Options
    Thank you so much for the support and motivation! I will try to exercise more so that I can eat more and still keep under my calorie limit.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1lb for now..5'6 200lbs and gives me 1920 a day. I have 50lbs or so till I get to a healthy weight, and when I'm down to my last 25lbs or so from that goal, I might increase it to a 1/2lb. I agree..go for it, if it helps you feel better. :bigsmile:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Start with teaching yourself how to be consistent for more than three weeks and then worry about it.
  • 73sinergy
    73sinergy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1/2 pound worked great for me. I enjoyed food and lost 40 in a year and half. I was never hungry. As long as I wasn't under 1000 calories in I was golden! Some days I needed all my cals and some days I didn't!