For those who are on maintenance...

alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
Some of you may have read my post regarding "giving up" because I feel that my body cannot really go down to 130lbs which was my goal. The lowest I got was 132 and now I weigh 135. Well I decided to go on maintenance for a while... I am still going to be consistent with my workouts and of course keep logging in my meals. I have no problem eating healthy either, I am not "giving up" on that.

Well today is my first day on maintenance and I am stuffed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stomach any more food!!!!!!!!! :tongue: I burned close to 400 calories working out and the site told I need to eat 2,076 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holly Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been sooooo difficult. I have been too used to my 300-400 cal breakfasts and lunches, 100 cal snacks and about a 600 cal dinner. I still need to eat a little under 200 cals to reach today's goal. I can't eat anymore!!!

How do you guys do it??? Do you have to eat that much??? What kinds of food are healthy but higher in calories that I could have?? I know peanut butter is one...

I am really afraid I am going to gain instead of maintaining eating like this!!! :cry:

Replies

• alf1163
    Some of you may have read my post regarding "giving up" because I feel that my body cannot really go down to 130lbs which was my goal. The lowest I got was 132 and now I weigh 135. Well I decided to go on maintenance for a while... I am still going to be consistent with my workouts and of course keep logging in my meals. I have no problem eating healthy either, I am not "giving up" on that.

Well today is my first day on maintenance and I am stuffed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stomach any more food!!!!!!!!! :tongue: I burned close to 400 calories working out and the site told I need to eat 2,076 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holly Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been sooooo difficult. I have been too used to my 300-400 cal breakfasts and lunches, 100 cal snacks and about a 600 cal dinner. I still need to eat a little under 200 cals to reach today's goal. I can't eat anymore!!!

How do you guys do it??? Do you have to eat that much??? What kinds of food are healthy but higher in calories that I could have?? I know peanut butter is one...

I am really afraid I am going to gain instead of maintaining eating like this!!! :cry:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I sort of "eased into" maintenance. If I wasn't all the way to my calorie goal, that was OK. I was able to get up there pretty quickly, though.

Nuts are also easy to eat and calorie dense, I also like to drink some calories (almond or soy milk). I've also learned that I need to incorporate small snacks during the day.

Take your time, and if you need to work up to it, that's fine, too.
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    If you are having a hard time, just slowly increase up to your maintenance amount. I wouldn't stuff yourself on the first day..

:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I've been on maintenance for about 3 months and yes, it was so hard for me to eat all those cals at first.
    But, ofcourse your body gets used to it. Keep at it and you'll do just fine.

Almonds are yummy!
    I've started to have a PB waffle sandwich.. very filling :happy:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • What are you talking about "Maintenance"?
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    What are you talking about "Maintenance"?

Its once you reached your goal and it's the calorie intake you eat each day to maintain your weight.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Yes take your time with raising your calories. There are days that I still don't make it to my maintence calories.
    Just adding an extra serving to any of your meals helps alot. like instead of 1/2 a cup of rice do a full cup. You know stuff like that.
    And don't be surprised you see a gain or a loss. I personnally didn't gain but I did loose 3.5 extra pounds. It can put a jump start on your metabolism.
    Well good luck and let me know if you need any more tips or advice. I've been on maintence since Jan.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    I added a glass of chocolate milk to my day. Unfortunately when I saw 400 calories or more left at night, I started getting excited about adding back ice cream and other bad stuff. So I have to make sure to spread them out or just let them go.
  • alf1163
    Whew!!!! I feel so much better now!!!. With my workout this morning I can eat 2,168 calories!!! I am glad to hear I can ease into it...I did double up on my breakfast this morning, extra almonds extra half cup of cereal... yummy!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    You're welcome mujer hermosa!:bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou: