2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    ROLLOVER>>>>:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Gosh we ROCK!!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Woo hoo!!! Happy Friday all! Just a quick post, I have to interview 8 residency candidates for the next two hours....AAHHH!!!!

My 3/7 was 5 miles on the treadmill Wednesday night and 4/7 was 3 miles on the treadmill Thursday morning. Planning a 3 mile run on Saturday but have to miss my running group for an out of town conference. Debating between an early run before leaving for the conference or a run once I get home. Probably more likely to get it done if I do it first thing in the morning.

Hope you guys have a fabulous day!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Deb, I would be SOOOOOOO proud too! That is awesome!! It takes AWESOME parents to have a child like that you know?:wink:
    Christmas shopping??? I may get into the holiday season now that we are in a blizzard! I just have not been into much of anything lately!!

Heather, may your conference be a good one and you get your workout done and out of the way!

Hi Ivy and Dominique!!

I ttook the day off from fitness but I have been on my feet most of the day with work and helping my sons family wash walls etc to paint. I also took their stored clothes to the laundy for 3 hrs. I am wiped out but their are still hours left to the day so I better get back to work. I wish they had other recruits but not that I have seen!

Have a great weekend!!
  • Missou
    Missou Posts: 96 Member
    good_m10.gif
  • wanna_be_fit
    I got my 5/7 yesterday with a 3 mile run after my conference. Today was 1/7 with a 5.75 mile run.

Debra I meant to tell you congrats too--that is so exciting! Your son must be incredibly talented!!!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. Can't believe that we're almost back to Monday again!!
  • vhuber
    I also took Saturday off to help my son to PAINT amongst other things. I got home at around 8 p.m. Ended the week 5/7.

Today 1/7 was 3 miles on the elliptical and JMBR.

It is soooooo cold here with quite abit of snow and ICE. It did not even hit 10* above today and with the windchill it is 15 below!
    The hiways are treacherous and I can not go over 40 mph so I'll either leave work earlier or just be a little late!!

Have an AWESOME week ladies!!!
  • vhuber
    2/7 with 4 miles on the treadmill at 4:45 a.m. and 42 minutes of JMBR this evening!
  • vhuber
    Helloooooo!!!!

3/7 with 6 miles today...
  • makeitallsue
    So sorry friends the week is eating me up! I am stuck at 1/7.. I worked out MOnday and it was a killer calorie burn! Yesterday I had to appear in court with our renter guy... I won... but it took most of the morning, then I stopped at rental and did a few things, visted with my inlaws... came back to town with just eough time to pick up Tanner from basketball.. oday I had good intentions, but hubby decided to take day off... and catch up on some things.. which meant I was running phone calls and helping clean things up.. we have another guy coming with an estimate for house... husband thinks we need three... I don't really disagree... but it is a pain getting them here... keeping house clean and trying to tell them what we want! I also had to stop at bank. We can pretty much do a dream home... but will be paying for 15 more years.... I am not sure what we will end up doing, I am sure my husband would like to retire some day... costruction is expensive, insurance is expensive... I just mailed out a check today for $2000... for insurance.. here and the rental... what a waste... I mean sure, if god forbide we ever had to use it.. it is nice... but we have been paying some type of insurance for over 20 years and never filed 1 claim.... that is a lot of cash....
    well...sorry a bit of a frazzeled soapbox there!
    I made lasagna and cookies for dinner and am off to pick up my son... doesnt look like I will get a work out in today... but you never know!
    Tomorrow a guy is coming to clear that drain once and for all that has been giving us problems.. so if I don't get a workout in tonight.. I will be doing it at the crack of dawn tomorrow!!!
    Have a great night friends!!
  • vhuber
    Wow Debra, your life makes mine seem sooooo dull!:laugh: :laugh:

4/7 with an early morning date with the treadmill and this evening it was JMBR again! I am starting to see great definition again!!!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hey ladies! My 2/7 last night was a 3 mile run with my running group and I'm 3/7 this morning with a 5 mile run on the treadmill at 5:30am. I was feeling a bit tired on Tuesday so I skipped my normal Tuesday morning run, so I'll end the week with 4/7 on Saturday as long as I keep my date with my running group. :)

Debra, I agree houses are a HUGE money suck!!! We bought a fixer upper 5 years ago and we are STILL fixing. Ugh! It was the only way we could get the size home in the location I wanted so it was worth it, but I hope at some point we are DONE working on the damn house!

Verda, way to rock it out as usual! I'm sure you are seeing some definition and you deserve it with all your hard work!

Happy Thursday all--the weekend is just around the corner! :)
  • Missou
    Hi friends,

I have been at the hospital since Tuesday. I had my coronary catheterization this afternoon and everything is OK. I don't undestand what is going on. The cardiologist has a few hypothesis and she will see me on an external basis. I'll give you an update later tomorrow when I'll be home. Be good !
  • Missou
    Have a nice week end!!!

cockta10.jpg
  • makeitallsue
    Hey, have a great weekend! Yesterday was a an elliptical workout.. intervals.. tough tough workout and also some upper body weight workout. 3/7.. doesn't sound good this week, but will try to fit something in today!

Hope your all having a great day!!
  • Missou
    I am back home!!

The cardiologist told me today that the medication I had since August was not suffisent. Nice job docs :grumble: She changed one of them to which I am intolerant, she prescribed another to releive the chest pains and she is sending me to do a test to see in there is anything wrong with my coronary arteries.

I went to see a pharmacist earlier today and she told me that taking one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil every morning when when I am fasten and 20 almonds 2 hours before going to bed is also a great method to reduce the cholesterol level. It is natural and beside the bad taste in the morning, there are no side effects. It is worth a try :tongue:

I stopped the medicine that was causing me a lot of muscle aches last Wednesday and I feel alot better already. It is now time for me to go back on my treadmill, to continue the yoga until I feel ready to start the Pilates. I will be very carefull but next summer, I will be back on the bay to clean my sailing club's boats and do a lot of sailing :happy:
  • vhuber
    I'm glad you are feeling better Dominique and your goal for next summer sounds fantastic!!!

I ended the week with 7/7. Fri and Sat were from taking the dogs on walks. Nothing strenuous but I was moving!!
    Today 1/7 was 10 miles from walking, using my new recumbant bike and the elliptical plus my JMBR workout!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hey ladies! I didn't make it out for my group run on Saturday morning. We were up late with friends, and I may have enjoyed too many of the cocktails that Dominique sent. :wink: Anyway, I took Saturday as a rest day so ended the week at 3/7.

Yesterday was 1/7 with a 7 mile run. It was a great run until I was about 4 miles in, and I must have twisted my foot or something because my left foot started hurting. For a bit I thought that I would have to call the hubby to come pick me up, but I ran through the discomfort and have been icing and taking ibuprofen round the clock since then. It is still fairly sore today with some bruising on the dorsum of my foot. Ugh! Hopefully it will be better by Thanksgiving because my sister and I are signed up for an 8K race. Fingers crossed that taking a couple days off from running will do the trick!
  • vhuber
    Ohhh No Heather!!!! Your the doc and know your body better than anybody so keep on what you are doing!!! I sure hope you get to run on Turkey day!!!
    I forgot to mention that last Friday I saw a neurologist for carpal testing and my right hand will get surgery in June and my left has nerve problem too but not as bad!! I knew I did after the continuous nights of numbness!!
    My 2/7 was 7 miles on my recumbant bike at 4:30 a.m., a 4 mile speed walk and workout 6 of JMBR!!

Hello Debra, Ivy and Dominique! I hope you are moving your you know what's??:wink:
  • Missou
    Verda, my best advice to you is to go see a Rolfer; he or she may be able to help you quite a bit with your wrists.

Heather, I sure hope your foot feels better soon. Keep on icing it for 12 minutes every possible hour.

Debra, nice going, keep up the good work.

Well, I have to take it easy so today, I vacuumed my house and cleaned the floors. I will now do a small yoga routine for my neck and shoulders and just a tiny little bit of abs work. Don't worry about me Verda, I have a lot of cardio rehadaptation to do, but I will not let myself down because I want to walk outside in my new neighbourhood as quickly as possible.
  • makeitallsue
    Sorry to be missing this week friends. I have been getting in plenty of extra exercise..scraping, painting, cleaning at rental. I am exhausted today. Staying home to make desserts for tomorrow.
    Happy Thanksgiving my cyber fitness family!