What are you reading currently?

Replies

• steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Just finished "Elsewhere" by Richard Russo. It was a memoir. About to start Barbara Kingsolver's latest. "Flight Behavior"/ Let you know SabrinaJL, if I have trouble getting into it. Sometimes her books are like that for me but usually worth plugging along.
  • I just finished reading Merry Christmas, Alex Cross by James Patterson yesterday and now I'm reading Postcards from the Dead by Laura Childs - a cozy mystery. I'm also listening to Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts (on my iPod) and Hot Six by Janet Evanovich (in the car).
  • recpharm
    recpharm Posts: 9 Member
    I'm reading Turkey Day Murder, A Lucy Stone Mystery by Leslie Meier. Just an easy, cute book over the holiday.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    I'm currently reading We, The Drowned by Carsten Jensen. I'm really enjoying it. Don't let the size turn you away; it reads really quickly.
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    I just started 'The Wise Man's Fear - The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day Two.' So far it is as fantastic as the first one, 'The Name of the Wind.' If you like magic/fantasy, I definitely recommend it.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    About to start Barbara Kingsolver's latest. "Flight Behavior"/ Let you know SabrinaJL, if I have trouble getting into it. Sometimes her books are like that for me but usually worth plugging along.

The only other book by her that I've read was "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle", which I really enjoyed.
  • I am currently reading 3 books. 2 are self help books and 1 is a novel by P.D. James, called "The Lighthouse". I just finished reading Steven Ericksens last book in the Malazan series; which I thought was very good.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    I still haven't been able to get into 'Flight Behavior' so I started 'Sacre Bleu' by Christopher Moore. Much more entertaining.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,988 Member
    Iam currently reading falling the story of a marriage by Alexandra Fuller, it is really good so far very well written
    i just finished reading home by jodi picoult it is 3 short stories very good i love her style
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,988 Member
    Hi everyone. I need a new series/author to read. I just finished reading all of the Donna Grant books and they were pretty good (nice easy reading). Does anyone have any suggestions? I like paranormal/time travel/romance.

I've already read the Blackdagger brotherhood and the Outlander series.

Thanks!

How about Jodi Pecoult I just read a couple of her books for the first time i have heard alot about her anyway I really loved her style she puts a bit of a twist on her endings
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    After seeing The Hobbit last night, I am in the mood for reading the book again for the umpteenth time!

I can never tire of Tolkein! :D
  • JustasiaS
    JustasiaS Posts: 16 Member
    I always have more than one book going at any given time. Curently I'm reading:
    The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
    Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor
    The Lucifer Code by Charles Brokaw
    The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
    Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Wanted to read book before seeing the movie.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Does anyone here read True Crime?

I am currently reading 'Deadly Little Secrets' by, Kathryn Casey
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    I'm reading Turning Angel by Greg Iles right now. My first time reading anything by him.

I'm only 10 chapters in, but I'm hooked. Definitely a good read so far.
  • I havent started anything yet. I am waiting for game of thrones to be availible from my library. I think 2 or 3 people are on the list before me. So I'm gonna check out the other library here and see if they have it.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm currently reading the second book for the Hunger Games. I am enjoying it although my little sister already told me what happens in the series before I considered reading them, so it's a little hard to get through. Plus, there's not enough hours in the day!
  • I'm re-reading the Anita Blake Series, by Laurell K Hamilton.

I love these books!! My copies are falling apart from being read so much :-)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    My hubby got me a Nook a year ago for Christmas ........ I'm a cheapskate, so usually read only the books that are free ......

Last month I read "Dimension Shifter" by T.M. Neilsen ........ where "the dimensions are in chaos, magic is illegal, and water is a rare commodity" ....... it was interesting enough for me to actually PAY for the next two books "Paragoy Dimension" and "Shadowmere" ...... they ran about $3 each :smile:
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    I just finished The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo. This is apparently an author to try if you liked Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was pretty good.

I am now reading Darkness Hunts by Keri Arthur a bit of a paranormal romance (book 4 in the series). I think the next will be the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. My boyfriend got me the 6th book that was written by Eoin Coffer "And Another Thing" so now is as good a time as any to re-read the series. :happy: