Eating 1200 calories a day?

14567810»

Replies

• Seriously what kind of food are people eating that they can't get to 1200 calories? Are you like, eating a tomato and calling it a day? An apple alone has about 130, put some food in your mouth! Peanut Butter, nuts, meat, they're all calorific.
    This person speaks the truth.

I call BS, cause if you couldnt stomach more than 1200 calories, you wouldnt be here trying to "lose" weight. Just admit that you have an eating disorder and you won't allow yourself to eat more than 1200 calories.

PREACH! :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I did. I doubt that she is consistently eating 800 a day or less, she said she tries for 1200 and hits it some days. I repeated it because I didn't know how to make something bold.

Anyways, I'm done. Call me whatever you like, but telling someone to eat when they aren't hungry is how people like me got here in the first place. Do you all not understand that... we're full? we've had enough food for now. To hit higher calories we have to eat mcdonalds because a cup of cooked rice is more than enough for us for a meal and only contains 300 calories at most.

Have a good night all!

Again....spoken out of ignorance.

My mother was full when she was dying of cancer eating 200 calories a day......being full is not always OK so please do not try to lump everyone in the same bucket. Also, please do not give advice based on the premise someone is lying.

And what on earth is wrong with eating a mcdonalds?

ETA: To your late add - I certainly am not telling you not to eat unprocessed foods - seems like your imagination is working overtime again.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

Watch Supersize Me, McDonald's makes you fat
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Seriously what kind of food are people eating that they can't get to 1200 calories? Are you like, eating a tomato and calling it a day? An apple alone has about 130, put some food in your mouth! Peanut Butter, nuts, meat, they're all calorific.

I'm way late, but this x100

I usually just reach 1200 cals per day (usually a bit under) and that includes 4-5 meals per day, eaten about 2.5-3hrs apart. If you're eating quite cleanly, the calories are low. That being said, I'm full all day and have to make myself eat again sometimes. Everyone is different... I worry about those who only eat 2-3 items per day that are HIGH calories, then don't eat again that day in fear of going over.. that is verging an ED.
    Sweet potatoes are considered "clean" and they are calorie dense.

I guess I am the only one that finds this post comical.

Huh? What does your post have to do with ChrisCL85 or jetscreaminagain. Let's try to stay on topic here.

Okay, now whose turn was it to continue their remarkably opinionated emotional hissy fit? Whoever it is, you're up...

And...go!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Watch Supersize Me, McDonald's makes you fat

*twitch*
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    I did. I doubt that she is consistently eating 800 a day or less, she said she tries for 1200 and hits it some days. I repeated it because I didn't know how to make something bold.

Anyways, I'm done. Call me whatever you like, but telling someone to eat when they aren't hungry is how people like me got here in the first place. Do you all not understand that... we're full? we've had enough food for now. To hit higher calories we have to eat mcdonalds because a cup of cooked rice is more than enough for us for a meal and only contains 300 calories at most.

First you all want us to cut out processed and junk food, which is high calorie and dense, so to feel full we eat a lot and gain weight. And now that we are eating healthy vegetables and home cooked food, you are telling us to eat MOAR. Leave us alone!

Have a good night all!
    Good luck with your fitness goals for 2013,2014,2015, hell the decade.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    SHAME ON YOU!

Shame on you for not seeing that there is a possible issue with an 18 year old girl eating only 800 calories a day, especially one with BDD and telling them to stop eating when full

Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD, also body dysmorphia, dysmorphic syndrome; originally dysmorphophobia) is a type of mental illness, a somatoform disorder, wherein the affected person is concerned with body image, manifested as excessive concern about and preoccupation with a perceived defect of their physical features.[1][2] The person thinks they have a defect in either one feature or several features of their body, which causes psychological distress that causes clinically significant distress or impairs occupational or social functioning. Often BDD co-occurs with emotional depression and anxiety, social withdrawal or social isolation.[3]

which causes psychological distress that causes clinically significant distress or impairs occupational or social functioning.

which causes psychological distress that causes clinically significant distress or impairs occupational or social functioning.

Get the point? Hating a body part that doesn't look how you want is not evidence of a problem. Why is it not a problem when overweight people look at their stomach, hate it, and decide to change it?

your powers of the google have been duly noted. However, your ignorance on this subject and your misapplication of the limited information you have is essentially demonstrating my point: we don't get diagnosed by google. People should go to licensed health professionals with competency in the field they are dealing with. You ain't that guy. She essentially said she did by saying she'd been diagnosed and alluding to the standard treatment for this disorder. You ain't that guy and that's why you should STFU on this subject.

If she said she had breast cancer but she didn't really want to do radiation/chemo/surgery or whatever were recommended by her doctor, would you sit here on an internet forum all arrogant and filled with the wisdom of the google and tell her she should go ahead and engage in exposing her chest to as much radiation as possible?

Because seriously, that's the analog. What you are suggesting and saying is precisely what makes what she has said she has worse. And you're not looking good while you do it. So stop.

And stop saying you think she's lying. You've said several times you don't believe her when she says several times she's eating 800 calories. Which makes you a not very nice person with regard to the OP either.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    When I had an eating disorder, I would feel full very quickly when I ate. I also believe I psyched myself into being unable to properly identify feelings of hunger. In recovery, I had to force myself to eat past what was comfortable for me. Now I'm healthy, but only because of a talk with my doctor when we went through the math. She showed me how drastically low my BMI was and compared my weight to other girls my age, which was quite shocking to see on a chart. More importantly, she told me the number of calories that I needed to be healthy each day and compared it to the number of calories I had reported eating. I'm very glad that I trusted her judgement and went by the math and science rather than my own feelings of satiety.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    1bed.jpg

If you are invoking CANCER and equating eating levels during someone's illness to a healthy individual... get some help. Or at least stop arguing. NOW I'm done =)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    1bed.jpg

If you are invoking CANCER and equating eating levels during someone's illness to a healthy individual... get some help. Or at least stop arguing. NOW I'm done =)

You are obviously very challenged at reading what someone is actually saying. We could lay it out in very short sentences but as you are leaving (again) it would be a waste of time.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member

Given your behavior in this thread and your exquisite over-sensitivity, you might want to be a little more open-minded about analogies that explain the validity and seriousness of mental illness by using pedestrian comparisons to physical illnesses you might be familiar with.

I get that symbolic thinking and cognitive flexibilty, traits required for understanding even my simple analogies may well be skills still out of your reach. For that, I am very sorry for you ::flowerforyou::
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

Read this site http://rippedbody.jp in its entirety.

Only if you want lots of nonsense
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    I believe the OP has had ample opportunity to receive feedback from the community, and the thread is diverging into less productive realms.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.