Looking for a dehydrator

I want to start dehydrating foods but I'm not sure what is a good, affordable brand to look for. Any suggestions?

Replies

• vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    I don't know about the affordable part, but when I first starting eating raw I did my research and got an excalibur. I think anything with a temperature gauge is great. Also, I have known many people who bought less expensive dehydrators at first just to make sure it was something they were really going to use before spending big bucks. Hope that helps!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    I don't know what the brand is, but I bought one about 2 or 3 years ago from Bed, Bath & Beyond. It gets a lot of use and still works without any issues.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    I got the excalibur for xmas- will let you know.
    I had a cheap one from amazon but it was round with the motor in the middle which restricted the kinds of foods I could put in there.
    First thing I will make is raw dehydrated pizza
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    I don't know what the brand is, but I bought one about 2 or 3 years ago from Bed, Bath & Beyond. It gets a lot of use and still works without any issues.

Awesome---I will check out their website
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    I eventually found out it is a Nesco. :)
  • NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 74 Member
    I started with a nesco, but the more I got into raw foods, the more space I needed. I got the 9 tray excaliber and I LOVE IT!! I find the temp setting to be much more accurate as well. It's an investment (especially if you need the texflex sheets) but it's worth it.
  • robinson
    robinson Posts: 11 Member
    I have the Sedona brand, not cheap but a good investment. It was recommended to me by Jenny Ross owner of 118 Degrees raw vegan restaurant in Costa Mesa CA. That is the only brand she uses and I love mine too.
  • Have been using a 9 tray excalibur for about 5 years and love it, almost as much as my Vita-Mix.
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    If you ever go to thrift stores, keep your eyes open. Ive picked up two perfectly great dehydrators there for less than $10. I see them there on a pretty regular basis.
  • I also think the 9 tray Excalibur is the way to go.

I did my research and then just searched online to find it on sale.

Totally happy with it.