NO RED MEAT OR PORK CHALLENGE FOR DECEMBER!!

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Which wallet is yours?
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    But then you'd miss out on this:

bacon-nativity-scene.jpg

Wow where did you find this? This makes my stomach hurt just looking at this.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    well to me that's crazy...i love getting my protein from meat and pork...i don't eat it everyday....but still you want to go a whole month without it? that's crazy talk!!!

She didn't suggest going without meat, she suggested going without red meat and pork. Big difference.

I don't understand all the "not me" posts. When someone posts a "let's all do XX squats today" challenge you rarely see anyone post "Not me". If they don't want to do they just don't join the challenge. Why is it any different with food?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member

bacon-nativity-scene.jpg

Christmas pi**es me off normally, but even my heart was touched by that much sausage and bacon depicting the nativity.....
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    If they don't want to do they just don't join the challenge. Why is it any different with food?

Does NOBODY care this is in the fitness forum and not the food forum??
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    I accept this challenge because I cannot stand eating red meat anymore...
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    How about nothing BUT red meat and pork? I might be on board for that.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    NO BACON? No Bueno!
  • bcattoes
    How about nothing BUT red meat and pork? I might be on board for that.

Sounds very healthy.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member

bacon-nativity-scene.jpg

Christmas pi**es me off normally, but even my heart was touched by that much sausage and bacon depicting the nativity.....

I'm morbidly curious to see what this looked like post-baking.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    WHO'S WITH ME?? FOR THE WHOLE MONTH OF DECEMBER WE AVOID ALL FOODS THAT CONTAINS RED MEAT OR PORK!! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

I haven't touched either in about 5 1/2 years or so and it was the BEST decision I've EVER made!!!
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    i'm all about going paleo. cut out meat, and i may as well go vegan. thanks, but no thanks.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    sorry, need my protein to build muscle! yes i can drink the shakes but a steak tastes alot better....

Edemame and Broccoli have more protein than steak - just sayin!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    I'm morbidly curious to see what this looked like post-baking.

Better look quick before I snaffle it all up!
  • BoohBaby
    BoohBaby Posts: 50 Member
    I think it's a great challenge!
    Replace the red meat and pork with beans, lentils, or soy and:
    -cut down on your cholesterol
    -cut down on saturated fat
    -cut down on antibiotics and hormones that are in conventional meat
    -increase fiber and healthy non-meat protein
    -help the environment: no animal waste (poop!) polluting the air, water, and soil
    -help the animals, by not eating them!

These reasons alone are enuf to stop and eventually slow down. The hormones and chemicals in meat alone is enough for me to say: COUNT ME IN. I'm trying to convert to veganism. so this will be awesome!!
  • bcattoes
    sorry, need my protein to build muscle! yes i can drink the shakes but a steak tastes alot better....

I would imagine fish, eggs and poultry probably have comprable protein to steak as well.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Has nobody seen "Pulp Fiction"? You're killing me, people.

Not since it came out. I remember the girl OD'ing and I remember the discussion about Burger King, and the cleaning up the car, and the Bible verse. I am totally missing the reference in this thread though.

I don't remember a bible verse, unless you mean when he was quoting that old karate movie.

It was a paraphrase of this verse:

Ezekial 25:17

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Bless it is he who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord, when I lay my vengeance upon you!
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    LOL this is all just too much.

Fish and chicken can be consumed! And turkey bacon. I actually might try this. Not by choice, or this challenge, but I noticed that anytime I eat red meat, my stomach hurts. And I don't eat much pork to even miss it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

Edamame is disgusting, and it would have to be a LOT of broccoli to come close to the amount in a steak. I have logged both steak and broccoli in the same meal and did not find that to be the case.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member

yeah, but they taste like ****. (and fwiw just ate 600 cals worth of steamed shelled soybeans)