Below 150 lbs for the first time in ten years!

I started out at 188 (weight when I finally had the nerve to get on a scale anyway) and today I weighed in at 149.2! I'm so excited! My original goal was 145 because last time I weighed that I felt pretty darn good. Well, come to find out, age shifts and spreads things around and out, so my goal now is 135 or when I finally look good again! I'm 48, 5'5" and post menopausal. I will post pics when I hit my ultimate success weight, whatever that might be!

Good luck to everyone on their journey! :bigsmile:

Replies

• plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    that so awesome congrats!!! this is not an easy thing to do!
  • Flamencoflynnie
    Flamencoflynnie Posts: 61 Member
    That's fantastic news! Well done you :happy:
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    My new hero!!! Nicely done!!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    So happy for you! What an incredible feeling!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    fantastic well done
  • I started out at 188 (weight when I finally had the nerve to get on a scale anyway) and today I weighed in at 149.2! I'm so excited! My original goal was 145 because last time I weighed that I felt pretty darn good. Well, come to find out, age shifts and spreads things around and out, so my goal now is 135 or when I finally look good again! I'm 48, 5'5" and post menopausal. I will post pics when I hit my ultimate success weight, whatever that might be!

Good luck to everyone on their journey! :bigsmile:

You're looking pretty damn good! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Thank you all for your kind comments! I'm stoked!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    That is amazing!! Congrats! :)
  • Wannabeachday
    Wannabeachday Posts: 122 Member
    That is awesome!!! Very happy for you!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    I am close to the 140's now I am sure, but don't know because I have an unhealthy relationship with the scale and put it away ;) Congrats, I hope when I get enough guts to look at the scale again, I am in my 140's. I fit into a small/petite jacket now which is super exciting for me :). Had that victory yesterday :).
  • rosebudbutterfly
    rosebudbutterfly Posts: 26 Member
    CONGRATS!!!!!:drinker:
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,201 Member
    Congratulations on all your hard work! I know this feels absolutely phenomenal!
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Yeah that is where i want to be soon. You are so inspiring. Thanks for sharing this amazing story. I am so happy for you.
  • how awesome! I cant wait to get to under 150 lbs. thanks for showing us it can be done & GREAT ON YOU!!!
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Yes you have every right to be "Stoked" I can't wait I lost my first 10 lbs I hope the next 10 are a little easier.
    Keep up the Great work.
    Good luck! :)
  • I'm so happy for you. Today I really signed up starting at 190 ( 5 3). Thanks for letting me know it can happen. Keep up the great work. :wink:
  • Caguppie
    Caguppie Posts: 53 Member
    that's great! huge success! my high and goal are the same as yours :) 188
    > 135. I can't wait to get below 150!
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Awesome job thus far and I'm sure you will reach your UGW in no time! Way to go!
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    That's awesome!!! Great job! I remember how excited I was to get to below 150 and be in a "healthy" BMI for my height.
  • rousehouse
    rousehouse Posts: 133 Member
    Congratulations, that's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!