WORST NAMES EVER!!!!

jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
In light of the news about Baby "Hashtag"

I seriously think that some people need to go before city council or something and get permission on their baby's names so the poor kid won't be made fun of for the rest of their lives... Goodness. It was all in fun so it wasn't really a big deal to me... but being named Jenny... I got Forrest Gump references all through high school and even still do... I can only imagine what the kids would have done if I had been named hashtag...

Worst kid names I've actually know of.
1. Hashtag
2. La-a (pronounced la-dash-a)
3. Orangejello
4. lemonjello
5. Mike Literous

Replies

• Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    I'll have to find the study again, but kids with "unique" names that are just too strange, have a much higher rate of depression than the John's and Laura's of the world.

My name comes from a romance novel and when you pronounce it sounds like the Aryan race sooooo that was no fun but I got over it. I plan on naming my kids after novel characters, but nothing insanely weird haha.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Khosi Mangina (It;s pronounced ko si, but looks like cosy)

Honest to goodness really is a really name

also Sunday Best and Blue Brown are both real name, my children were at school with them
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I'll have to find the study again, but kids with "unique" names that are just too strange, have a much higher rate of depression than the John's and Laura's of the world.

My name comes from a romance novel and when you pronounce it sounds like the Aryan race sooooo that was no fun but I got over it. I plan on naming my kids after novel characters, but nothing insanely weird haha.

I hadn't heard that study but it makes sense.

Yeah when I have kids, I would like them to have names that are a little off the beaten path... but not so far off that people think I was running through the woods tripping on acid when I named them.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Doing genealogy, I found A. Brown Weede. His real name!

Also felt sorry for the lady who married a man whose last name was Semenchuk.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Anita Dyck...one of my teacher's wives had that name.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Rotenburger.

I pronounced it Rotten Burger once. I have NEVER been leveled with a death glare before and I hope it never happens again.

SCARY.

(It's pronounced Rodin burger).
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Kurisma.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    *kitten* James (pronounced Ash-ole-lee).
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    I always was bewildered by my coworkers Michael Hawk and Richard Head. I kid you not - real people. Richard was actually quite well liked.

WHAT WERE THEIR PARENTS THINKING?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Sandy D*ck.

Swear to God. She was the daughter of a family friend when I was really little.
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    I used to process medical claims - knew someone who's name was Baby Girl - couldn't think of a name!. Also someone named their kids Brandy & Decanter. I named my daughter Noelle(and no she wasn't born at Christmas) as her grandmother was french. Slightly unusual, but not off the beaten track.
  • mandisu
    mandisu Posts: 57 Member
    I girl named April May June
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    I went to school with a January Snow, but I kind of liked that one.
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    This forum is making me laugh lol some of these names WOW! One of the guys I met that worked in the same unit as my husband was named Charlie Brown...not as bad as some of the names i'm seeing though.
  • I saw a name Leduch Bagdasarian...when said fast sounded like Le Duchbag dasarian
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Jamachockalass, pronounced Ja-mock-a-lass

Vantious, pronounced Van-toe-shuss

Lationo, pronounced La-tony-oh

Chartisi, pronounced Sha-rot-iss

Pee'Air

Christian Raper

Ronqyvion, pronounced Ron-quay-veon

Deleon, pronounced De-laun

Bob, Jr. which was only strange because his parents named his siblings, Franchesquer, Abraham Moses and Australia Jamaica. They apparently didn't care enough to give him a "good" name.
  • S'ynce >> Pronounce Essence
    ...Yea I was baffled too.
  • In light of the news about Baby "Hashtag"

I seriously think that some people need to go before city council or something and get permission on their baby's names so the poor kid won't be made fun of for the rest of their lives... Goodness. It was all in fun so it wasn't really a big deal to me... but being named Jenny... I got Forrest Gump references all through high school and even still do... I can only imagine what the kids would have done if I had been named hashtag...

Worst kid names I've actually know of.
    1. Hashtag
    2. La-a (pronounced la-dash-a)
    3. Orangejello
    4. lemonjello
    5. Mike Literous

OMG, are you from MA? I've heard of those same exact names, except for the illustrious Mike Literous!
  • chopzgurl05
    chopzgurl05 Posts: 84 Member
    Felon. No joke. The mom pronounces it 'fallon' but either way. . .