Just when I was feeling good...

one person can ruin it all. So I'm down 19 lbs. since January, feeling good and even had two people mention this week that I look like I lost alot of weight. Yesterday my MIL came to visit to go to my daughters recital. Haven't seen her in a while as she lives a distance away. We were not even talking about weight or anything, but I know she had to notice it. 19 lbs is alot and I only have 8 to 10 more to go. While I'm just standing there she says you know you are never going to lose that belly, its just never going to go away.:angry: I don't even really have a belly anymore, especially since I lost all this weight. She just burst my bubble. :frown: I didn't even have a response. I think I was just in shock. What a way to ruin someones day:sad:

Just needed to vent. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Replies

• wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    one person can ruin it all. So I'm down 19 lbs. since January, feeling good and even had two people mention this week that I look like I lost alot of weight. Yesterday my MIL came to visit to go to my daughters recital. Haven't seen her in a while as she lives a distance away. We were not even talking about weight or anything, but I know she had to notice it. 19 lbs is alot and I only have 8 to 10 more to go. While I'm just standing there she says you know you are never going to lose that belly, its just never going to go away.:angry: I don't even really have a belly anymore, especially since I lost all this weight. She just burst my bubble. :frown: I didn't even have a response. I think I was just in shock. What a way to ruin someones day:sad:

Just needed to vent. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Ah, the MIL. . .

do they go to a special camp for training?

or is that skill instilled in a secret ceremony?

don't let it ruin your day, sweetie.:flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    She probably still hasn't forgiven you for stealing her baby! And now you have the nerve to be looking good! Seriously, don't let her insensitivity ruin it for you. Yes, you are going to lose your belly. Use it as motivation and prove her wrong! In the meantime, take it for what it really was, a snide and catty comment which could have no other purpose than to be hurtful. I wonder what she would have said if you had called her on it. Anyway, be proud of your accomplishments!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    I'm sorry you have an inconsiderate MIL. As far as I know there is no camp for us, but I think the green eyed monster might have been rearing it's ugly head? On the other hand there are stupid people in every generation and just because someone is rude and doesn't think bevore she opens her mouth should not ruin your day. My MIL let a few doozies go too, I just ignored them and thought that since she wasn't an expert on anything, why let it get me down. And my DIL comes to my house doesn't even say hi, eats goes on the couch and sleeps, packs up the kidses stuff and leaves:grumble: . The only time she says thank you is if I give her something:explode: ( I have the grandkids for weekends when their babysitter has something planned and in the summer I take them when they need me to).
    So I guess it goes both ways, don't let her discourage you, maybe she needs new glasses and everything is fuzzy to her:laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    ugh, sorry I know she's family and all but what a bi*ch! Seriously, I mean not all mother in laws are like that are they? I'm getting married next year and if my fiance's sweet mother turned out like this I would have no choice but to be rude back. Wow, can't even believe how rude that is. Does your husband know about this? You should talk to him... Maybe he can say something to his mother to discourage that kind of thing.

Hey, maybe she's going senile in her old age? Anyways, you are doing great, don't let anyone get you down!:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    [

I don't think it's necessarily their fault, but it's an odd relationship. They treat you like "their" child, but you haven't been brought up in their particular universe, so when they say "left field" stuff. . .it's particularly shocking.

Like, my own mother also has these powers, but after many years of dealing with her, I know all her tricks. My MIL has tricks from another planet.
  • JemErin
    JemErin Posts: 9
    can you say JEALOUS!? She's probably just lashing out at you because you are looking so good. I find that people tend to be jealous of willpower. You got it, she doesn't. I got the same thing from one of my family members yesterday when we were out for dinner. i was avoiding eating all the free bread that they give you at the beginning of the meal, and she was like "you're no fun".
    Just keep up the good work and remember that you're doing your health/body a favour by taking care of it and eating healthy.

Goood Work!
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    ugh, sorry I know she's family and all but what a bi*ch! Seriously, I mean not all mother in laws are like that are they? I'm getting married next year and if my fiance's sweet mother turned out like this I would have no choice but to be rude back. Wow, can't even believe how rude that is. Does your husband know about this? You should talk to him... Maybe he can say something to his mother to discourage that kind of thing.

Hey, maybe she's going senile in her old age? Anyways, you are doing great, don't let anyone get you down!:flowerforyou:

It's not the first time she has made snide remarks. She actually has a habit of saying these things. You think I would be use to it by now, we've been together 20 years. I am just hurt because I have put alot of effort into succeeding and was proud of myself and she just caught me off guard. Now I am going to push even harder to prove her wrong. Success shall be mine.:laugh:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Ah, the MIL. . .

do they go to a special camp for training?

or is that skill instilled in a secret ceremony?

don't let it ruin your day, sweetie.:flowerforyou:

YES THEY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should meet mine not only does she talk about weight like that she buys me clothes that are like two sizes TOO small!
    Sorry hun I know how badly that sucks!
  • sculley

My mother in law was an angel when I was dating Geoff and when we were engaged we used to talk on the phone for hours.....Now when we got married she turned into satan...Not saying yours will just be careful
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    what a hater!!! u lose that last 8-10 lbs and strut ur hot little body around right in front of her face!!!!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Don't let it bother you... easier said than done, right? She sounds crazy jealous to me... you should have just been like "yeah, I know... probably the same way that you'll never lose that big *kitten* mouth!"

HAHA!!!! I have a rather endowed bottom and thick legs to go with it... people have made "comments" to me about both all my life! One time this guy was like "Girl you got some big legs!" After I wiped the shock off my face, I said "Boy, you gotta big mouth!" Then I just walked away. I cried ALL NIGHT that night... I was in 8th grade!!!

People are so mean!!! It sounds like your MIL is no more mature about these things than that 8th grade a-hole!!! Just be glad that you are not like that!!!

Cheer up! :drinker: You've come a LONG way and should be SUPER PROUD of yourself!!! :flowerforyou:

:heart: KB
  • sculley
    Don't let it bother you... easier said than done, right? She sounds crazy jealous to me... you should have just been like "yeah, I know... probably the same way that you'll never lose that big *kitten* mouth!"

HAHA!!!! I have a rather endowed bottom and thick legs to go with it... people have made "comments" to me about both all my life! One time this guy was like "Girl you got some big legs!" After I wiped the shock off my face, I said "Boy, you gotta big mouth!" Then I just walked away. I cried ALL NIGHT that night... I was in 8th grade!!!

People are so mean!!! It sounds like your MIL is no more mature about these things than that 8th grade a-hole!!! Just be glad that you are not like that!!!

Cheer up! :drinker: You've come a LONG way and should be SUPER PROUD of yourself!!! :flowerforyou:

:heart: KB

I know how you feel I am thick on the lower part of my body I went through it as well *hugs*