New here and needing support!

Options
Hi my name is Cierra. I am a 27 year old mom of 2. I just had knee surgery in October and am really wanting to loose weight. It's hard because I just started therapy and can't exercise yet so I have to do it by diet alone for now. I really am in need of a support system.:smile:

Replies

• rxman13
    rxman13 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Im new to
  • CierraLouise
    Options
    It's hard to hold yourself accountable. Being off work because of surgery I'm home all day and it's so easy to just get up walk into the kitchen and grab something. I found myself doing this and I know I'm not even hungry!
  • jay586
    jay586 Posts: 133
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you can add me :}
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp! you can add me. :)
  • khalida1
    Options
    hi am new here too. do add me :) take care of that knee!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I had major abdominal surgery in October and am limited in what I can do physically...not much lifting. I know what it's like to be unable to work out. I am doing my wt. loss with diet alone. Please feel free to add me.
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am sorta new too and looking for like minded people with similar goals (an online support group so to speak) Losing the weight and getting healthier again.
  • joyundefined
    Options
    feel free to add! :)
  • herrshiro
    herrshiro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome to the site! I just want to say that you CAN do this by counting calories alone. I've lost 75 pounds and I haven't been to the gym this year. I'm not proud of that, but it's true. And I didn't starve myself either!

Of course the ideal is to eat the right amount of calories and exercise, but don't wait for some perfect moment — jump in!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    For all the newbies:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/809176-acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-3-3

I keep up with terms and acronyms here as there is not a dictionary or glossary provided by the staff.
  • twosocks09
    twosocks09 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If any of you haven't measured yet do it ASAP! It's all those small cm's that add up to amazing inches that keep me on track. I have only lost 20 lbs but, 38 inches total body measurements.