New from NC :)

Hello, I heard about this site from a friend, I am very excited to start using it. I am a Marine wife, and throughout the last deployment or two, I have put on about 40 pounds. My husband is about to leave for his 3rd deployment and I'll like to surprise him in 7 months when he gets home with having lost the weight. Having a support team where I live is hard, we just moved here so I don't really know anyone. I'm hoping to meet some motivational people through this site. Anyway nice to meet ya!

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I'm in central NC :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Welcome. There is a military support group on here that you might want to get involved in.
  • I will have to look into that. I just joined today, so I'm still learning my way around the site, but I will definitely look into it! Thank you
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hi, I've already added you as a friend, but just wanted to let you know I'm from North Carolina! I'm in western North Carolina! This is a great site & you will get so much support here!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome fellow NC'er.
  • naesdestiny
    naesdestiny Posts: 677 Member
    I am also from NC and have been on here for over a year now. I love this site and the people are so helpful and supportive!!!! Good luck to you!

Hey Jstar!
  • JStarnes
    I am also from NC and have been on here for over a year now. I love this site and the people are so helpful and supportive!!!! Good luck to you!
    :laugh: We posted at the same time - we're good.
  • naesdestiny

And I edited mine to say hey!!
  • Welcome to MFP! That's an excellent surprise for your hubby! Not in the NC area, but I am an AF wife so we have the military wife thing in common! Your hubby is awesome for serving and sacrificing for all of us!! I'm here to support you if you need someone with your weight loss goals!!
  • JStarnes

And I edited mine to say hey!!
    :tongue: I saw that after I posted the quote. Hey! :flowerforyou:
  • wow you ladies are so supportive, its so nice to meet all of you, my hubby is in the field this week doing some pre deployment training, and my birthday is tomorrow :(, but hey im really stepping up my work out while he is away and hoping for a good number at the end of the week! so nice to meet all of you!
  • naesdestiny
    Please do thank your husband for all he does for us!!

And Happy Early Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thank you ! :) where at is everyone from in nc? Im from jacksonville
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    I'm from Sanford, We have a beach place at Topsail though, right down the road from ya!
  • topsail is a very beautiful place :)
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    :flowerforyou: Happy Birthday to you!!! :drinker:

I am from Cherokee, NC which is in the western part of the state in the mountains!:bigsmile:
  • JStarnes
    We're vacationing in Topsail in September! :love: I love it there
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Welcome from SC/NC. I live in SC but work in Charlotte, NC.