ShamROCKIN' Sixers Week 4

Replies

• amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    B - (((hugs))) Hang in there! I hope the rest of your day gets better.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Thanks B! And hugs to you for your rough day! I am drinking plenty of water and trust me, my body lets me know when I haven't had enough! I hope I can get myself into a routine and acheive the goals I want without sacraficing time with my daughter! It'll all work out...I'm sure!

Time for some lunch! I'll check back later!
  • bahamomma87
    bahamomma87 Posts: 164
    :wink: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

verda--- thanks so much for your alwAYS Needed inspiration ! i was go glad to have a great day yesterday ! every GREAT day counts !!!!

B- im so so so proud of you and your dinner last night ! that takes true strength to say no in front of family and friends in a restaurant ! your on the right path to success ! as for your bf, im sorry you havent gotten to spend too much time with him ... that sucks... i never wanted a long distance relationship because i just like the proximity when im with someone ... now im married and couldnt be happier... but you have to think i guess is this long-term and one day you will be together ... or is this short-term... and maybe the two world wont collide enough to be together in aserious relationship ! i pray everything works out ! jus be strong and think hard about what you want from the relationship and whats the best way of actually reaching those goals.... !!!! Im sorry for your sucky day ! WE ALL HAVE THOSE ! keep remembering all the positives..... forget the negatives.... and KEEP ON GOING GIRL !

Rhiannon--- im hoping that scale moves for all of us this week !

Lorna-- Whats the matter hunny ?!?!?!?

KRistin-- take it from a new mom .... i had nights where all i wanted to do was sleep.... nights when all i wanted was OREOS .... the entire box ..... but i came to a point where i decided thru the TIREDness, thru the chaos, thru the love, thru the time with wyatt, that I DONT WANT FOOD ruling my life..... ! we will both get there ! i promise ! keep on doing great... and getting in exercise when you can ... and dont feel guilty for the days you cant ..... babies take alot of time and they are very unpredictable ... once we stop analyzing over schedules and just do what and when we can ... we will succeed ! TOGETHER !

hi to everyone else !
    hoping my babe goes to sleep soon... so i can work out !

xoxoxoxoxo
    Amez
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    B (its_B).............................SW 204.6 lbs/ GW 195lbs/ CW 204.8 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs
    Cathy(chipper)......................SW 241.6 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 241.2 lbs / PROGRESS -.4 lbs
    Amy S (bahamom87)............SW 266 lbs / GW 262 lbs / CW 267 lbs / PROGRESS + 1.0 lbs
    izzypup...............................SW 181.4 lbs / GW 176 lbs / CW 178.4 lbs / PROGRESS -.2lbs
    Alison (ali258)......................SW 225.6 lbs / GW 219 lbs / CW 223.6 lbs / PROGRESS -2.0 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee).................SW 178.5 lbs/ GW 170.0 lbs/ CW 178.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    Amy (amypyr)......................SW 159 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 157.4 lbs / PROGRESS -1.6 lbs
    Rhiannon (PedalHound)........SW 000.0lbs / GW -8lbs /CW -4.0lbs / PROGRESS -4.0lbs
    Verda (vhuber).....................SW 150.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 146.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 4 lbs
    Emmie (emmie110)..............SW 219.8 lbs/ GW 207 lbs / CW 220.0 lbs / PROGRESS +0.2 lbs

Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......SW 157.0 lbs / GW 150 lbs / CW 157.2 lbs / PROGRESS +0.2 lbs
    Heidi(orangeoldies88)...........SW 188.0 lbs / GW 180.0 lbs / CW 184.6 lbs / PROGRESS - 3.4 lbs
    Lorna (iftcheiaf)....................SW 146.0 lbs / GW 134 lbs / CW 139.8 lb/ PROGRESS - 6.2 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24).............SW 145.2 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 146.4 lbs / PROGRESS +1.2lbs
    Tiffany (tbear358).................SW 147.5 lbs/ GW 135 lbs / CW 142.5 / PROGRESS -5 lbs
    Kelly (redneckwoman)..........SW 149.0 lbs / GW 144.0 lbs / CW 149.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...............SW 200.6 lbs/ GW 188.0 lbs/ CW 200.00 lbs/ PROGRESS - 0.6 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)..............SW 201.0lbs / GW 196lbs / CW 201.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit).......................SW 149lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 149 lbs / PROGRESS 0
    Nicole(nicolee516)...............SW 168.4 lbs/GW 165 lbs/ CW 166.4 lbs / PROGRESS - 2 lb
    Tamara (IKnowICan..............SW 162.0 lbs/GW 157lbs/CW 162.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 0 lb
    primalB...............................SW 137 / GW 128 / CW 132.5 / PROGRESS -4.5 lbs
    Em (greenerme) ..................SW 160.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 157.6 lbs / PROGRESS -2.4 lbs
    Pam (PamH555)..................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 203.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    moonq8..............................SW 200.6 lbs / GW 190 lbs/ CW 201.6 lbs/ PROGRESS +1 lbs

I came to check in thinking I had gained - but it looks like I stayed the same as last week. A little disappointing though considering I drank lots of water and moved WAY more this week. At least I've had a lot more energy this week - gotta keep up with the water and exercise then. I'll try to check in for personals later tonight - right now it's back to work. Have a great day Sixers!!
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    HEY SIXERS,

My day sorta got better haha. It BEAUTIFUL up here in MI, seriously, its in the 60s, the sun is shining, and there is noooo wind! So nice! So I didnt finish my homework before class (which is entirely my own fault for not realizing it was due until it was kinda too late, but it goes along with my bad luck day theme haha) had a good class, although on the way to class I swear I saw 20 different cops and I pretty much spent the whole time in a cold swear (I cant get another ticket or I will be put on probation! which is ridiculous cuz I only got two and they were over a year and half apart.) then post class i came home, bumped the same knee that i did this morning GRR, got ready for the gym, went to gym, and WORKED MY BUTT OFF! I was kinda angry about my day, and it payed off! I burned 920 calories doing the routine my trainer gave me, and today, it was a LOT easier so i was able to push a little harder!

however, after my shower at the gym, once all the endorphins and adrenaline kinda wore off, i realized I am absolutely exhausted... seriously I am struggling to stay awake. So now I need to finish the homework I didnt this morning so i can't take a nap :sad:... so I am kind of ranting (like always!) to you guys, while i sit here eating my lunch of a Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer (green one! they are really tasty, super filling, and surprisingly REALLY healthy for you! even low on sodium!)

Sigh back to work I guess, will do personals tonight, hope everyone else is having a good day!
    B
  • kistinbee
    B...glad your day got a little better! And I have to try a cafe steamer...sounds yummy!

emmie...no worries! You'll see a loss...it'll come! But good job on the increased energy!

AmeZ...Thanks! It's true...we CAN do this TOGETHER! Yay!!! I know you're looking at June as a goal...so am I! Let's get there!!! I want to be down 10 pounds by June 1st!! There it is!

Well...I am getting ready to head home! Hoping to get in another treadmill workout (as it's raining, so walking with Kadence is out). I already have a healthy dinner planned...so all I have to worry about is avoiding any snacking. I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish me luck!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Cathy- I loved your Mantras!

Kristin- Your daily summary made me know that you are a strong and busy woman. I'm glad you have time to still smile. Don't forget that you can do fitness in ten min increments as well. Maybe at the beginning of your lunch. Hang in there... you will definitely figure out a schedule. Good job with the workouts this week!!

B!- I'm sorry you are having a bad day! OH NO!!! At least you didn't let it spoil your mood. Things always get better! Oh and about the scale, recently I haven't stepped on. I know that it will just upset me, I just try to do my best and I will deal with the numbers later!

Emmie- Congrats on maintaining! Hope things are going great for you!

AmeZ- Good job. You definitely keep me motivated. Are you still walking with Leslie? I'm going to give her a try again this week!

Verda- Great job on your wonderful workouts and I see you are removing weight. Keep up the great work!

Tiff- Good luck on the test girlie! You can do it!

Well I just finished walking my dog and now I'm going to the gym for two workout classes and some weights. Tomorrow is a busy day, back to square one. I am driving 8 hrs total tomorrow so I need to get my workouts today!

ttyl

Tamm
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Hey 'B', what are you doing to burn over 900 calories in an hour? I do the Max Insanity workouts for an hour and have NEVER burned that many calories ?(I actually checked other Insanity members too and neither are they), I am insanely jealous? What are you getting your calorie readings from? I want you to check this with your trainer to be exact cuz I do not want you to consume extra calories that really are not available, you know what I mean? I often hear people on here saying they burned so and so amount in whatever time and their reading came from a machine or a wrist heart rate monitor. Those machines are incorrect and the wrist is not close to the chest strap/watch HRM's. Your readings just seem extremely high to me and I am wondering if maybe when you entered your personal data that maybe something was entered wrong. It is just that the guys do not even get calorie burns like that doing Insanity! Just concerned for ya honey!! I am PROUD of ya for being a law abiding citizen, a get it done student and for getting in the workout with a healthy meal!! WAY TO GO GIRL!!
  • its_B
    Verda- I thought this was ridiculously high too, but I have a BMI around 30, but I use a Polar F6, with a chest strap, and the chest strap is amply tight. I have the weight at 205, and my height at 5'8" so i am pretty sure everything i entered was right. During my work outs I get higher heart rates then I should also, which can lead to excess burn from my understanding, but I am doing circuit like training, with lots of high resistance and high interval cardio on a bike in between each circuit... i really dont know.. i will check with my trainer, but I thought it was great.... :( Oh and I never actually add on my calories in many ways, I stick with my 1,240 every day, no matter how much i burn during exercise. When I get home I will try and find the paper my trainer gave me with the routine on it so i can give all the official names...

TAMM- Good too see you! And bad luck never really ruins my mood, i like to say that I am either blessed with bad luck or no luck at all! I hate the scale, and YAY FOR WALKING UR DOG AND GYM time! GOOD LUCK finding a house, I will be doing the house hunting dance in the fall!!!!

Kristin - YOU GOT THIS!!!!!! And the steamers are soo easy! only 4:30 seconds in the microwave and ur done! I KNOW you will get into a routine, your a new mom, so honestly you deserve some slack, your already trying sooo hard!!!!! You really are doing awesome!!!

Emmie - keep up the good work and You will see the scale move!!

Amy - awww thanks! I am having a brain fart so i cant really think of what else too say, How was your day!?!?! WOOT WE GOT THIS!!!

Amypyr - how are you!? thanks for the hug!!!!!!!!

Til later sixers!!
    B
  • bahamomma87
    Verda--- i was wondering the same thing .... lol .... I cant imagine burning that many calories in a day LOL ! ... it would be nice though hahahah !

B- i looked up the Polar F6 .... the pink one is so cute ! it comes with a chest strap right ???? i may get one for my birthday !!!!!!!! XOXOXOXO
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Verda & Amy - It really depends on how your body works but I've had many times where I've burned between 700 and 950 calories in 60 to 90 minutes at the gym. During my half marathon training I laughed when my runs started burning over 1500 to 1700 cals.

Kristin, hang in there and if you do temporarily cancel your membership at the gym, know that it's no reflection on your commitment to working out (you've got some serious equipment at home!); it's preveting the unnecessary spending that a membership costs you if you can't swing it right now. I really do understand the frustration though. It's hard to reconcile. But you're doing amazingly well and believe me, making sure you're getting the time that you want with Kadence is WAY MORE IMPORTANT in the long (and short!) term than working out at the gym rather than home. I know you did get a good treadmill workout in today so just keep that in your mind and go back to that when you're feeling down.

Tamm, good call both on that deal and on not getting in over your head! People can be so weird sometimes..

Cathy, hope things are on an upswing!

B, I was in a long-distance relationship when I was younger (too young! ...17!) for a year until we moved in together. He turned out to be an emotionally abusive @$$ hole once we were under the same roof but there was a LOT in hindsight that clued me in to the fact that the relationship wasn't worth it when we were far apart too. I also have a friend who had a distance rel'p and it was a great and nourrishing relationship. Their distance wasn't permanent though. Just under a year. Follow your heart!!

Alright, off to BodyStep!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Ladies- I have the Polar F7 and it is amazing. Very similar to the 6 and when I was training with my personal trainer I was burning 1000 in an hr. Craziness!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Okay, given all my talk about wanting to get re-certified for group fitness I had to share my story from BodyStep tonight. The instructor (my old friend from back East) was having troubles with the sound about 2/3 of the way through the class. She had to go fix it and we had already started the combination so she just said "follow Rhiannon!" and kept calling the track and the class kept on. lol It made me laugh since that was my first BodyStep class in 7 years :tongue: But that role is far from new to me. Just felt good :bigsmile: The course that was going to be offered here in 3 wks is cancelled (not enough registrants) so I'm trying to investigate my options for doing the cert.
    Just had to share :bigsmile:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Hey ladies!

B (its_B).............................SW 204.6 lbs/ GW 195lbs/ CW 204.8 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs
    Cathy(chipper)......................SW 241.6 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 241.2 lbs / PROGRESS -.4 lbs
    Amy S (bahamom87)............SW 266 lbs / GW 262 lbs / CW 267 lbs / PROGRESS + 1.0 lbs
    izzypup...............................SW 181.4 lbs / GW 176 lbs / CW 178.4 lbs / PROGRESS -.2lbs
    Alison (ali258)......................SW 225.6 lbs / GW 219 lbs / CW 223.6 lbs / PROGRESS -2.0 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee).................SW 178.5 lbs/ GW 170.0 lbs/ CW 178.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    Amy (amypyr)......................SW 159 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 157.4 lbs / PROGRESS -1.6 lbs
    Rhiannon (PedalHound)........SW 000.0lbs / GW -8lbs /CW -4.0lbs / PROGRESS -4.0lbs
    Verda (vhuber).....................SW 150.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 146.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 4 lbs
    Emmie (emmie110)..............SW 219.8 lbs/ GW 207 lbs / CW 220.0 lbs / PROGRESS +0.2 lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...............SW 200.6 lbs/ GW 188.0 lbs/ CW 201.00 lbs/ PROGRESS +0.4lbs

Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......SW 157.0 lbs / GW 150 lbs / CW 157.2 lbs / PROGRESS +0.2 lbs
    Heidi(orangeoldies88)...........SW 188.0 lbs / GW 180.0 lbs / CW 184.6 lbs / PROGRESS - 3.4 lbs
    Lorna (iftcheiaf)....................SW 146.0 lbs / GW 134 lbs / CW 139.8 lb/ PROGRESS - 6.2 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24).............SW 145.2 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 146.4 lbs / PROGRESS +1.2lbs
    Tiffany (tbear358).................SW 147.5 lbs/ GW 135 lbs / CW 142.5 / PROGRESS -5 lbs
    Kelly (redneckwoman)..........SW 149.0 lbs / GW 144.0 lbs / CW 149.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)..............SW 201.0lbs / GW 196lbs / CW 201.0 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit).......................SW 149lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 149 lbs / PROGRESS 0
    Nicole(nicolee516)...............SW 168.4 lbs/GW 165 lbs/ CW 166.4 lbs / PROGRESS - 2 lb
    Tamara (IKnowICan..............SW 162.0 lbs/GW 157lbs/CW 162.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 0 lb
    primalB...............................SW 137 / GW 128 / CW 132.5 / PROGRESS -4.5 lbs
    Em (greenerme) ..................SW 160.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 157.6 lbs / PROGRESS -2.4 lbs
    Pam (PamH555)..................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 203.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    moonq8..............................SW 200.6 lbs / GW 190 lbs/ CW 201.6 lbs/ PROGRESS +1 lbs

UGH! I am up to 201 again. Its better than it was over the weekend though. I was up to 203. My body is seriously wacky right now. I cant wait until my doc appt on 04/06. I need some answers. I was in tears most of this last week. I am swollen and bloated in my stomach area. Its annoying. I eat even a little and I am immediately bloated. And I didnt have a period this month either.....NO, I am not pregnant. Its got to be my ovarian cysts back for revenge. Its such a horrible roller coaster. My bc pills are supposed to keep them at bay....apparently not! :sad:

We are off to Las Vegas in the morning. I am going to enjoy myself despite my weight. I am looking forward to good friend, warm weather and a luxurious hotel! Pedicure here I come!

Then when I get back its time to start shopping for a treadmill. Once I have bought one I am canceling my gym membership. I have not been since October:huh:

K- Kadence is a cutie patootie! I am sure she is worth every pound but I also know how frustrating it can be to feel like you still dont have YOUR body back!

R- I would love to take classes from you! I think you would kick my butt into gear!

Amy- I love your motivational posts!

B- I have never been in a long distance relationship.

Verda- I have a HRM but it needs a battery. I dont think I could burn 900 cals in one hour though....maybe. I will have to give it a try. My HRM is a Nike one with a chest strap.

To all others....:flowerforyou:

I will be back on Monday....lets hope Vegas and the scale are kind to me:laugh:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...............SW 200.6 lbs/ GW 188.0 lbs/ CW 201.00 lbs/ PROGRESS +0.4lbs

Not weighing this week. Going through lots of stuff and not wanting to add one more stress. But don't want to lose out on keeping up with you guys for next week, so I'm simply posting.
  • its_B
    Hey sixers! I don't have much time, only taking a few minute break from writing my paper!

I have read everything above!^ But I will comment on it later, not now haha.

Just wanted to update myself, Did great yesterday too! So I am 3/3 so far! Today I will not have time to go to the gym (as I thought earlier this week) So I am going to take today off as a rest day to let my muscles relax... I will still get in all my water and stay under my calories though!!!

<3 All of you Sixers!!! Be back in a couple hours!
    B
  • kistinbee
    Good morning all!

Well...last night went good and bad. First the good...I got in a GREAT run on the treadmill, burned about 400 calories in 30 minutes and felt FABULOUS!!! Then made a healthy fish, wild rice, and green bean dinner! The bad...after I put Kadence to bed and was watching some tv, I ended up snacking more than I needed! I still stayed within my calories for the day, but felt totally defeated by my indulgence! Bummer! Oh well...it's a new day and the goal for tonight is NO SNACKING!!!!

On a MUCH brighter note, I have some news...Kadence got her 1st tooth!!!! I can't belive it!!! My little squirt is getting so big!!!

B...YAY!!! We are both 3 for 3 this week! Let's make it 4 for 4 (or I think you said maybe Thursday was your day off...I don't remember).

Lorna...Big hug to you! Hope things get better!

Amy (pdx)...Thanks! And have a BLAST in vegas!!!! I'm kinda jealous!

Rhiannon...Thank you!! You can always brighten my mood! And I know it's WAY worth it to spend time with Kadence! I'm thinking that when she's a bit bigger, I won't hesitate to take her to the gym daycare while I work out for an hour...so maybe I'm renew my membership then...but I will wait and see how things go when Michael starts work again.

Tamm and everyone else...Hello!!!

Well...off to start some work! I'll check back later! Have a great morning!
  • bahamomma87
    im here sixers ....

baby is about to wake up so i cant stay on here long ....

Kristin-- WOOHOO for kadence first toothie ... thats early too ! woohoo ... wyatt didnt get his first one until 9 months... second one at 10 months... and then all the sudden he is 19 months now and is only waiting on FOUR pointy ones hahah ! they are cutting now !
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    on my way to last workout with trainer.......thrilled it's my last.
  • its_B
    Hey sixers!
    Wanted to check out my new signature, And do personals now that I can chill cuz I finished and handed in my paper.

AMY!!! - hiiiiiiiii ;P Okay first the polar F6 is adorable i seriously only take it off to shower, and yes it comes with a very comfortable chest strap! I wish I could have gotten mine for my Bday! haha you should def. ask for one! Although if you are going to do swimming as an exorcise I believe the F11 is water proof, Verda you have one right? How did you finish yesterday? How is today!?! YAY <- random but i always feel like a crazy little motivational cheerleader when talking to you!!!

Rhiannon- Awww ya i was in a long term relationship that ended that way, actually I am sure some of you remember my rants and ups and downs that came with my Ex and I living together in an apartment. Because of that experience I have decided to never with with a significant other again until AFTER / a few days before I marry him! And I am not sure about how long term our distance is going to be... it could be within this year.... But it might be longer depending on where i get stationed for Coast Guard (IF i get into coast guard)... which is part of the reason it has become so hard, is neither of us has anything definite to look forward to! YAY FOR THE BODY CLASS!! !I hope you can get cert. soon!

Tamm - Thanks for telling me that! I am glad that my calorie counts arent insane!! I thought they were at first but when i got similar numbers for the same workout routine she gave me over and over again i decided I believed them! :) GOOD LUCK TODAY!

Pdx- HAVE FUN IN VEGAS,and i hope things get resolved health wise...

Lula- Just keep up the good work girlie! *HUGS*

Kristin- haha I feel like I am being forced to take the day off because I have ZERO time, well at least that was this morning, I am thinking I MIGHTTT be able to squeeze in a run between classes today.. if all goes well, we will see haha! And YAY US!!!! We are doing soo good! Lets keep up the good work!!!! Remember NO SNACKING! lol :bigsmile:

Cathy - Have fun!!!!!! GET FIT! haha :drinker:

On a VERY small side note, I think I am getting a cold :cry:
    B