Level 2 Chatter

Raw_Bean
Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
I rested a day after finishing 10 days of level 1, just finished level 2.

I have to say...I like level two workout better than level one but it certainly has kicked my butt!

When I came to the circut 3 cardio I just couldn't get down to do whatever it was so I did a pitiful job of jogging in place (I thought - hey I'm movoig)! On the plus side of that circut three cardio, I did do the jumps! Back to pitiful...no way I was attempting to do circut three abs but I did get on my back and do crunches and obliques instead.

*i'm still shaking* :sick: :happy:

Replies

• SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    I am taking a few days off before starting level two. First, cause my knees hurt pretty bad and second, someone is sleeping in my exercise area. Will probably start up on Sunday. Thanks for warning me about level 2!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    I finished Day 2 today. My knees and wrists do NOT like this level. I have had to modify things considerably. I can't get down into plank. So for plank-jacks, I'm doing regular jumping jacks. For another plank move that works obliques, I'm doing bicycle crunches. I don't know what else I can do. I can't follow it as it sits. Disappointing, but at least I'm still moving, still pushing myself...and that's gotta count for something, right?
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    I meant to start yesterday, but my arms were pretty sore from BodyPump class....and today I should have started as well, but I decided sleep was better :P
    I have watched it a couple of times so that I know what to expect. Maybe I will try it out at work. Watch Jeff Dunham and do level 2? Maybe...Ten minutes away!
  • brittanyholocker
    brittanyholocker Posts: 53 Member
    I'm not even going to lie...I fell off the bandwagon a couple of days ago. I got busy and stressed out and started making excuses for why I couldn't work out. But I'm determined not to let this minor set back stop me. Today and tomorrow I am doing level 1 and then starting level 2 on Tuesday. This will give me exactly enough days to finish before my hubby gets home for Christmas. I'm working harder than ever to stay motivated!
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    I also fell off. :(

I did the workout Friday morning. Since then I haven't been tracking food nor have I turned on Jillian Michaels since then. Right now, I am not feeling the best.

I am going to try my best to put it on tonight but I may wait until tomorrow morning.
  • missabeez
    Come on ladies, you can do it! Take a few days to recoup and come back at it strong and powerful :)

I'm in sort of the same boat. I am going to start lvl 2 this evening after work...or maybe I will do it this afternoon at work...I just don't want to be all sweaty in front of the kids...(I work at a group home)
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Going to give Level 2 a go today! It's funny - I've had this DVD for YEARS & it's always my "go to" workout - but I may have done Level 2 one time ages ago..... my kids may be more excited than me that I am finally branching out to Level 2! We'll have to see how it goes.

:)
  • traceface71
    traceface71 Posts: 45 Member
    I'm starting level 2 tomorrow. I'm a little nervous since I haven't even watched it yet.
  • tidesong
    Day 5 of Level 2 done today. It's starting to get easier, though like I've said in the past, I've had to make modifications because I can't get into plank with my wrist problems.

I'd recommend watching it once through before you do it because some of the moves/transitions are a little tricky at first. :)

C'mon girls, let's keep going! We can do it!
  • traceface71
    Well, I did it.... I was not a fan. Let me whine and tell you why... My son decided to poke me repeatedly while I was trying to do that army press/squat business, my rug moved all over the darn place while trying to do the jumpy planks and I twisted my leg all funny on that twisty oblique thing. So I say "pffft to you Jillian".

Buuuut, tomorrow is a new day and now I know what to expect. I'll move the rug, lock my son in a closet and stretch better!
  • missabeez
    I did day two today. Its challenging in a different way. It requires more balance and overall stability. I can't decide yet if I like it more or less than the first level.

I also did level one again an hour later because I ate perogies. Lol. It was much easier.
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Hey girls! I'm back. I did 9 1/2 days of level one... now I had a break and you just motivated me to start with level 2 today! see you in 40 min!
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    booah.. that's tough... but kind of fun though... but it was almost killing me. I think a (tiny little) part is also the (tiny little) cold inside my body... I sweat like a pig!
  • missabeez
    Phew. Did day 3 of lvl 2 last night. I was already exhausted so it was not a very good workout at all. My form was poor and I felt pretty weak. I think it was from not having any food before the workout. I find my energy and performance is much much better right after I've had some protein.
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    I have finally done level 2!!! Got it done on Sunday & had a massive right thigh cramp during. I must have bent weird or something. I took Monday off, and was able to get it done Tuesday without any cramping.

All the plank stuff is a bit brutal (I don't have the world's toughest core). Even following Anita is a bit tricky for me at times.

But - love the challenge & it's another great workout. Think I burned about 260 calories with it when I tracked with my HRM on Tuesday. Gearing up to face Level 2 again today.

I may have muttered aloud "Jillian, you are killing me!!" - my 10 year old was a bit concerned :)

Let's keep shredding ladies! As I have battled down to 178 a few times since having my youngest, I can tell you that the round when I was consistently shredding, I looked & felt the best! Now my plan is to shred right on thru 178, keep going, hit goal & stay there!!!!

Hugs to all,

Amy
  • tidesong
    One more day of Level 2! I'm scared of Level 3....
  • missabeez
    I still have yet to do day 5...these past two days have been insane for finding time...Well, yesterday I really should have done it but I was annoyed at myself at the gym and let people's comments get the better of me....and then today was just a busy write off. I will just do it tomorrow and Sunday....and maybe kick it up a notch by also doing level one both days as well? I may count that as a day if I do that :)
  • tidesong
    Level 2 is in the bag! Start Level 3 tomorrow. O_O
  • missabeez
    Bah, still haven't done lv2 part5 ....but it was a great relaxing weekend. My goal by the end of this week is to be starting on lvl 3. I even said that my reward would be a new haircut!

Hoping that some people are still going to be posting here still on lvl2. :)
  • traceface71
    I'm doing it mon-fri this week. That'll finish me off for level 2 and then I'm taking the weekend off for birthday festivities. Woohoo!