Kids gone ALL summer!!!

My 8yr old son is going to his grandma's house which is 6 hours away for the whole summer. He leaves in 2 weeks and I wont be picking him up until a week before school starts back. I am having surgery in mid july and I wont be able to ride in the car for long periods of time for atleast a month, so if I start missing him I wont be able to go get him. He has never been gone before for more than a day or 2. I am going to cry the whole time!!!:sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    My 8yr old son is going to his grandma's house which is 6 hours away for the whole summer. He leaves in 2 weeks and I wont be picking him up until a week before school starts back. I am having surgery in mid july and I wont be able to ride in the car for long periods of time for atleast a month, so if I start missing him I wont be able to go get him. He has never been gone before for more than a day or 2. I am going to cry the whole time!!!:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Oh geez , I hear ya. I hate when my son goes to his grandma's (my mil) even for a night , I miss him , sad I know lol , but I do. And whats worse ... they live in the same complex as us :blushing: Im a big suck , but I love my boy and Im so used to having him with me :brokenheart:
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    I'm such a sap!!!LOL. My son had awards day at school today.(last day of school) and when they called him up on stage I started to cry.:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • BlazinEmerald
    We just found out Wed. our son has to get glasses , and he was so upset and devistated and crying , and everytime he burst into tears so did I :sad: lol Hubby just kept looking at us both and shaking his head allllllll day. He's upset and my heart bleeds , He's happy and proud of himself Im bursting and still bawling.

Gosh we are odd lol :laugh:
  • apdoxies
    apdoxies Posts: 57
    Hmmm.....Guess I'm a bad mom....
    My kids spend 2 weeks in the summer with my mom & dad. I get really excited about them going. One, I know they have a blast & get spoiled rotten. Two, I get ALONE TIME!!! lol
    Perhaps I'm selfish......:ohwell:
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Hmmm.....Guess I'm a bad mom....
    My kids spend 2 weeks in the summer with my mom & dad. I get really excited about them going. One, I know they have a blast & get spoiled rotten. Two, I get ALONE TIME!!! lol
    Perhaps I'm selfish......:ohwell:
    no worries, I'm with you!

I think a little alone time is WONDEROUS!

I jump at every chance i get for my mom to have the boys over for the night. Or even 2 or 3 nights as she'll do a few times a year so we can get a weekend away.

However, I do agree that ALL SUMMER, would feel a bit different.
  • apdoxies
    Yeah, ALL summer would be hard. I enjoy the 2 weeks my kids are gone, but by the time it's over, I am missing them....some. LOL

I'm SOOO excited. The hubby & I are going out *alone* tonight! LOL Dinner & bowling....does bowling count as exercise??? LOL

Sorry...I'm a bit goofy today. :tongue:
  • BlazinEmerald
    don't make you a bad mom lol makes me a wierd one :blushing: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member

Oof! That'll be a tough one! Good luck to you! {{hugs}}
  • apdoxies
    don't make you a bad mom lol makes me a wierd one :blushing: :laugh:

You're not weird!!!!
    Your little guy & you just have a very close bond. Nothing wrong with that.
    I think part of my "enjoying the kids being gone", is that I work ALL day with special needs kids. Kids that need LOTS of attention & patience. So, when I get home of an evening, I'm drained & sometimes my 2 just seem to get on my nerves easily. Of course it doesn't help that they fight......constantly! (she's 8 & he's 4) LOL
    I'm trying harder to make sure that I don't bring frustration & irritation from school home to them. With summer break here (yippee!), it'll get easier.....I hope! LOL