One Year Later...

AntShanny
AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
I actually started my "Revolution" February 1st of this year, so 307 days ago, but these pics were taken almost exactly a year apart so I thought I'd share. Today at work we were decking the halls for Christmas and took a few pics. I decided to pull up the ones from last year to compare...my, what a difference a year can make!

Just a little background on me~ I am 4'll" and have lost 28lbs since I started- currently am 124lbs. For exercises I was just walking about 45 mins, 5-6 days a week in the beginning. Jumped on the Jillian bandwagon and did the 30DS. Bought myself a kettlebell and some dvds to workout to- gotta say I really like the kettlebell! Now I'm really trying to focus more on strength training, I purchased a weight set and am getting myself set up on a workout schedule. I did my first 5k right before Thanksgiving and will be doing my second one this Saturday, never thought Id be saying that! I try to still walk on the weekends, it's hard during the week now with the time change- it's dark by the time I get home from work.

I'm not the "cleanest" eater- I love my sweets and am not a huge vegetable fan at all- but I'm doing better! I just focus on each day and try to make small changes that I can live with. I don't beat myself up if I have popcorn and beer for dinner, or if I just don't feel like making something and want ice cream...life is too short as it is to not eat ice cream!

So that's a little about me and my journey on MFP so far...this place has been a great find!

oneyearlater2.jpg

Replies

• sepibo
    sepibo Posts: 25 Member
    You look GREAT!!! I'm 4'11" as well and have a long ways to go. I just started, so hopefully within a year, I'll look as good as you! Awesome JOB!!!
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    You have done a fantastic job!! You look great, well done!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Way to go! Congratulations to you!
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Congrats and I have to say if you had longer hair Valerie Bertinelli could be your twin

If i could or knew how to post images I would so post it I tried to copy and paste but didnt work
  • AntShanny
    Thanks everyone!

rabbinehall, thank you- hadn't heard that before but I love her!
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    You look younger! Good job.
  • Great job! I like that your approach is very 'real'. Sounds like you find a way to fit in the foods you enjoy and have added in some great exercise. Thanks for sharing!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    What a difference! You look fabulous :) Congrats!!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Great job! You look wonderful.
  • AntShanny
    Thank you all!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    wow great transformation
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!