The Challenge Is Here

Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
Hello ladies! Well it is that time and the challenge Day 1 is here! Mainly I would like everyone today to weigh-in post your starting weights and measurements if you like and also introduce yourself for those who haven't. I also want everyone to answer this question....

In this 8 week challenge, what is the one thing you feel you would like the most support with?

Replies

• ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Hi ladies my name is Terri im 32 and have one (daughter).
    My starting weight is 244.2. I will take measurements later.
    I would like the most support with working out!! Good luck to all
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    My scale needs a battery
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Hi I'm Holl, I'm 49, weigh 152 and measure 37/31/41. I'm from the UK. I need support with motivation to commit to my proposed strength training (still waiting - no pun intended - for the book to arrive).
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Hello ladies!

My name is Krystle, I am 26 years old and mommy to a 4 year old son. I work full-time and am going to school full-time to become an RN.

I forgot to weigh-in this morning, but I already know it is all bad lol. I will also make sure to take my measurements tomorrow morning as well.

The biggest thing I will need help with this time is healthy meal options and the will to resist fast food.

I know we can do it ladies! So let's stop talking about it and be about it!
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Hey everyone!!! I'm Sarah, 31 in Calgary.

158 as of this morning.

I need to let go of my all or nothing attitude and remember that a slip is a slip, not an epic fail.

Can't wait to rock this with all you ladies
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Hi my name is Robyn I am 33 years old, I have a wonderful husband, and a very large dog.
    I live in Wisconsin and work night shift at the local hospital.

current weight is 209.6 lbs

I will do measurements tomorrow, had to rush out the door to make it to my sister's suprise birthday party. Than rush home to make it to work...third shift sucks. I love doing Zumba, I have just been to busy to go, right now.

I need the accountability, I need someone else to care about how I am doing, who has the same/similar issues. My husband trys to be helpfull and encouraging but he doesn't get it, and some days I resent him because of what he can eat and not gain weight.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Thanks Krys for the invite!! I'm pumped and ready to Shed this weight. I'll upload my goals later. Maybe tomorrow because weeknd I'm mostly on my phone.
  • simplyxaddicted
    My names Melissa and I'm 22 . A full time mommy and also work as a nurse .
    This is the plate I found that I got YEARS ago and since I am having trouble with portion control I thought this plate would help . Ill be using it for dinner :) .
    image.jpg
  • 4given4life
    4given4life Posts: 81 Member
    Well heck, I had a whole post typed up and it didn't post. Here goes again....

My name is Brandy. I'm 36 and a mother of 2; a girl age 7 and a boy age 3.5. I'm in school full time to pursue my long time desire to be in the medical field. I want to be a Medical Assistant and might possibly one day continue on to be a sonographer.

I weighed in yesterday but didn't have time to get online. Weight yesterday was 213.2. What all measurements are we supposed to take? I need the most motivation or encouragement with staying on track/logging and saying no to fast food or just bad food in general.

Hope to get to know a few friends while we are here!
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Hello, My name is Carmen and I'm 41, married and we have a teenage daughter. I am a registered nurse and I live in Louisiana. I started out at 455 lbs, I am currently 272 lbs with an 8 week goal of 20 lbs. I love Zumba and I am very excited to participate in this challenge and look forward to getting to know each of you!
  • In this 8 week challenge, what is the one thing you feel you would like the most support with?

My name is Toni, I am 26 years old. Just got married in June been with my hubby for 5 years now. The one thing I need help with the most is my emotional eating. I tend to keep everything all in but end up eating my feelings. Would love to learn to deal with stress other ways. I also need to learn how to deal with the weekends and temptation through the holidays too!

Edit: Didn't measure but starting weight 247.4
  • Hi everyone,

My name is Gill, weighing at 170lbs. I am 25 years old and I would like to get down to 140lbs. I definitely need help on staying consistent with logging my food and always keeping my goals in mind. I also need to get it in my head that slip ups are OK and I can just start right back into eating right.

This is my first challenge group so I am very excited to get started!
    -G
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Good Morning Challenge Buddies!!

My name is Lilly. I'm a 31 year old newlywed from Central New York State.

I started my weight loss journey a few years ago..(see my profile)...and I've hit a bump in the road.
    After my august wedding I gained back just shy of 20lbs.

So here we go...reboot! Time for a healty new Mrs. Me and the future that can give me.

Support and suggestions and new friends welcome.

Starting weight 269.8lbs
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Can i just say you're amazing!!!!
    Hello, My name is Carmen and I'm 41, married and we have a teenage daughter. I am a registered nurse and I live in Louisiana. I started out at 455 lbs, I am currently 272 lbs with an 8 week goal of 20 lbs. I love Zumba and I am very excited to participate in this challenge and look forward to getting to know each of you!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Hey everyone!!! Im Shannan. I have been on here on and off since MArch 2011. When I first joined the sight I did it for all the worng reasons. You kbow how the story goes, u get dumped by boy try to lose weight to get boy back blah blah blah!!1 It wasnt until November of this year I decided to lose weight for me!!! This has been a long journey but instead of dreading it, im now looking forward to it!! I want to be healthy for as long as I am here,a nd most importantly if Im gonna lose weight for anyone other than myself its gonna be for my amazing sone JACOB!! He just turned 3 this passed thursday! He is a ball of energy and i have to keep up with him! I apologize for responding so late i wil be sure to put my weight and measurements on here by the end of the night. I look forward doing this journey with u all!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    OK so here is my stats:

Weight: 253

Upper waist: 38

Middle waist: 39

Lower waist: 43

Left arm: 16.5

Right arm: 17

Hips: 47

Left thigh: 27.5

Right thigh: 28

Chest: 44
  • How is everyone doing this week?
  • simplyxaddicted
    Start weight is 196.8
  • suthernbelle
    Ummmm, Thank you!!!!:flowerforyou:
    Can i just say you're amazing!!!!
  • suthernbelle
    How is everyone doing this week?

I am doing great so far, so good. My zumba class was cancelled last night due to me being the ONLY one showing up! I think she may cancel for the rest of the year to regroup and get some new material and ready for the new year, y'all know how everyone start the new year off with a bang, the health clubs and diet centers are packed and then as the year goes on, this happens. I remember back in February of this year when I started this class, there were maybe 20-25 people, now there's just 2-3 and last night it was just 1....me...:ohwell: But it's okay, I went home and did my BodyGospel DVD and I felt great! I hope you all have a great week!!!