Dog food diet?

Replies

• lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    My son (who was 15 at the time) kept whining about being hungry. We had just gotten cat food and he keeps saying that he's so hungry he's going to eat the cat food. Then he starts eating a few pieces and says it's good. I made him stop, but just thinking about it still grosses me out. So if you are looking for a recommendation, try Hill's w/d for Felines. My son liked it.
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    My puppy says he has excellent stamina at agility "thkool" because of Blue Puppy Longevity. He recommends snacking on cheese, pupperoni, and fuzz ripped out of your favorite toys.

Raleigh5months1.jpg
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    I saw this thread and I thought, no way...this person HAS to be joking! but after reading it...I think she's serious! Please PLEASE don't eat dog food LOL... There is such a variety of delicious healthy HUMAN food out there!

LOL no worries the OP is totally trolling :happy:
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Sorry, can't say I've tried that. But you should do it, let me know how it goes!
    This^^
  • 28369460.jpg
  • I'm sometimes starved like a dog, does that count ? it works.
  • I'm fine, thank you
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Honestly, I would be in MUCH better shape than I am currently if I ate my dogs' food. I keep my dogs on a stricter paleo than I do myself. We all cheated with some popcorn last night, but they will never feel guilty, just I will. Seriously, they eat more organs, bone marrow, and all that stuff I can't bring myself to eat but I know is sooo good for me. They get salmon multiple times a week, and I hardly ever eat it. Yes, they are much healthier than I am. I cannot believe people think it's hard or expensive to do it right... $300 for a decent freezer, and $ 300 a year in meat to feed a 50 and 65 pound dog. "Quality" kibble for them would cost $1200-1500/ year. I say "quality" because I think it's about as rare as unicorns.

♥ This! I like to hear when people feed their dogs well.

My personal pet peeve is when people eat paleo, but feed their best friends crunchy, little, carbohydrate dense, allergy-causing-mite filled nuggets that can sit around for months without decomposing. In what universe is that stuff "food" for any species except maybe the mites in the bag?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Has anyone had any success losing weight and eating their dog's food? The macros are broken down pretty good.

Probably going to give it a try when I retire and my Social Security kicks in.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    I saw a commercial for IAMS dog food on television the other night, and one of their first selling points was that they don't add gluten. I was like, jackpot! Then they said something about "100% animal protein." And that made me wonder... which animals?
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Can't tell if serious or joking...
    She is being sarcastic trying to make fun of other mfpers who mistakenly use the forums to ask advice.....
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    wouldn't you rather eat some nice people food? it tastes better!

Yum, people food!

Wait, um, you mean food FOR people? Oh, never mind . . .
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    I saw this thread and I thought, no way...this person HAS to be joking! but after reading it...I think she's serious! Please PLEASE don't eat dog food LOL... There is such a variety of delicious healthy HUMAN food out there!

LOL no worries the OP is totally trolling :happy:

Common practice in the forums as of late
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    wouldn't you rather eat some nice people food? it tastes better!

Yum, people food!

Wait, um, you mean food FOR people? Oh, never mind . . .

"Soylent Green"
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    My puppy says he has excellent stamina at agility "thkool" because of Blue Puppy Longevity. He recommends snacking on cheese, pupperoni, and fuzz ripped out of your favorite toys.

Raleigh5months1.jpg

^^^Awww he's adorable!!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Can't tell if serious or joking...

Me neither, but any way I don't have a dog.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Has anyone had any success losing weight and eating their dog's food? The macros are broken down pretty good.

Great diet my pubic hair...uhm fur is nice and shiny
  • Can't tell if serious or joking...
    She is being sarcastic trying to make fun of other mfpers who mistakenly use the forums to ask advice.....
    Or, just having a little bit of fun. No need to assume that it's meant to ridicule.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    The only part I didn't like was drinking out of the toilet.