ShamROCKIN' Sixers Week 4

12346»

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Good morning all! I hate that my dial up at home is so slow and I don't really get on over the weekend! I've been trying to get caught up on all the posts! You girls have been chatty!

AmeZ...CUTE pictures of Wyatt! He's so cute! And your motivation is so great! Inspires me to be better! So, this photo shoot...is if going to be just you? Or family?

Tiff...Hey girl!!! Yay for taking the stairs! Glad to see you back on here!

B...I agree with Rhiannon's statement about your relationship. It wasn't until I quit looking that my wonderful husband (who happened to be one of my best friends) came into new focus and we built this amazing relationship! This was 9 years ago we started dating and have now been married almost 3 years and really I couldn't be happier. It will come for you, but you have to let it come on its own. And this isn't to say that relationships don't take work-they do. But the chemistry between you has to been on such a deep level that there will never be a doubt in your mind that you are meant to be together. Hope you get everything figured out, but sounds to me like you know what you need to do. I'll be thinking of you!

Lorna...Sounds like you're conquering those goals! Nice job!!

Everyone else...Good morning!!!

AFM...Well, I must say I'm pretty proud of myself! Friday night I came home and went with Kadence on a lovely walk! Ended up going a little over on calories (we went to my inlaws for a BBQ and I indulged in some pasta salad and potato salad) but I did NO snacking that evening so was only over in calories by a bit! Then Saturday I did a 15 minute upper body workout (video) and stayed well within calories. Had a busy day cleaning, grocery shopping, and doing laundry. Yesterday I didn't get in any exercise (poor Kadence has a bad cold again and was miserable! All she wanted to do was cuddle all day), but I stayed well within calories! This morning I'm tired...Kadence ended up sleeping in bed with us because she couldn't breathe laying flat in her crib...which means we got ZERO sleep! My poor girl! The plan is to get in at least a 15 minute workout this evening, and if Kadence is feeling better and the weather is nice, then I will go on a walk.

Oh! And I weighed myself this morning...why? Because my boss is taking up out for Japanese for lunch today. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing sodium will be high and I'll probably be up on the scale tomorrow morning. If I post a higher number tomorrow, I will be totally bummed and it will be a bad start to the week. If I post my weight today, I will be motivated to lose from that number by next week! So...I am posting the new thread and weighing in today! If for some reason the scale shows a smaller number tomorrow, I will adjust, but I'm thinking I will be retaining water with any access sodium I encounter today.

So...here's the new thread...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/88786-shamrockin-sixers-week-5

YAY SIXERS!!!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    45 min treadmill workout
    6 cups water down
    showered
    laundry going

hope everyone has a great day.
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Hey sixers! how is everyone?!?!?

I am doing pretty damn good today, im a little sleepy but still good! I had yogurt for breakfast, and just ate a mango for lunch.. I dont know why but I am just not very hungry these days, I am going to go to the gym soon to do the routine my trainer gave me... and after gym I am going to get one of their super yummy Protein Shakes... really good! and then its home to ideally study for my psychology exam, but what is more likely is that I will either get distracted with the internetz or take a nap.... haha

well I am in a little bit of a hurry, but I will def. be back at some point for personals! LETS GO SIXERS! lets make today REALLY count!!!

(oh and I am now6/6! yay haha)
    B
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    SO...I feel like crap. Headed home. Doubt any exercise will happen this evening. Hoping Kadence is feeling better. Being sick taking care of a sick baby is definitely not fun. I'll report back tomorrow!
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Ladies! I have missed you. The last time I posted was in January...right after I found out I was pregnant. I am now 17 weeks. So I can't be "losing" weight but I still want to be healthy and keep on top of it. I have already gained more than I should so I need to get back in gear.

I hope you all are well!
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Kristin... I KNOW this comment wasn't for me "B...I agree with Rhiannon's statement about your relationship. It wasn't until I quit looking that my wonderful husband (who happened to be one of my best friends) came into new focus and we built this amazing relationship! This was 9 years ago we started dating and have now been married almost 3 years and really I couldn't be happier. It will come for you, but you have to let it come on its own. And this isn't to say that relationships don't take work-they do. But the chemistry between you has to been on such a deep level that there will never be a doubt in your mind that you are meant to be together. Hope you get everything figured out, but sounds to me like you know what you need to do. I'll be thinking of you! "

But I must say... that is directly relates to what I've been dealing with. :-/ sigh. i mentioned I am currently starting to go through a break up, and I KNOW it's the right thing... and I am ready to prepare for my future good relationship/husband. I will use this time to work on myself, so I can be ready whenever he shows up :) This will be a period of detox for me, mentally, and physically! ... Great advice Krisitn ... and sorry B I'm using it too! I'll have to back track to read what's been going on with everyone!

Side note: Any ideas on how I can find a pet sitter? I need someone to watch my dog when I do my 30 hour night shifts. they are only once a month... but since I don't want to ask the boy... I am going to need some help.
  • its_B
    But I must say... that is directly relates to what I've been dealing with. :-/ sigh. i mentioned I am currently starting to go through a break up, and I KNOW it's the right thing... and I am ready to prepare for my future good relationship/husband. I will use this time to work on myself, so I can be ready whenever he shows up :) This will be a period of detox for me, mentally, and physically! ... Great advice Krisitn ... and sorry B I'm using it too! I'll have to back track to read what's been going on with everyone!

Side note: Any ideas on how I can find a pet sitter? I need someone to watch my dog when I do my 30 hour night shifts. they are only once a month... but since I don't want to ask the boy... I am going to need some help.

No problem! and Im sorry hun! *hugs*

And Dog sitter, www.care.com Can find anything from cleaning services to dog sitters and nannies, dont worry its free and there are background checks! I used it to get my current babysititng gigs!
  • its_B
    Hey Sixers!

Not the best day for me.... I've been feeling ill most of the day, and i have a head ache. I was going to go to the gym, but i got this wave of nausea... so i stayed home... and i couldnt even sleep! And then it was time for class so i came to school, my mom called and asked if we could celebrate my b-day tonight. so i have bday dinner wiht in the hour because i am getting out of class early from an exam. And I Feel AWFUL for not going to the gym... i feel terrible for not going... I want to get up EXTRA early tomorrow and go in the morning, and then go again after work tomorrow night... I feel a need to make up for not going.. and PART cuz I am going to my restaurant tonight, and I think I am going to order the salad i mentioned earlier last week, but I also want to get a dessert, Its my birthday and I want something sweet.... which means I am going to go over calories tonight... :(.... I am hoping, well praying really that If I get home early enough I can get my dad to move the tred mill from his bedroom to the basement then I am hoping I can do my couch to 5 k or something...

well until later sixers!
    B
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Happy birthday B... Let us know how the salad was. I do hope you feel better by the time you eat.

Kristen- Hope you and your baby are feeling better.

Tiff- glad to hear about the escalator event. Great Job!!!!

Just wanted to let you know that I had my 3rd day of swimming. Doing 45mins of lap swimming. Nothing real extreme but it's nice that my foot doesn't ache the rest of the day or the next. Drinking my water and keeping everything crossed hoping to loose a lb. I had changed my goal from 1 lb to 1.5 lbs and it changed my calories that i was allotted. So for the past 2 weeks i was eating less and to be quite honest .... haven't really lost anything. Not my usual 1lb a week. So I went back to 1lb a week. To be honest, I feel better and more hopeful. I just have to make sure I DRINK MY WATER!!!! LOL

Everyone see you tomorrow!

Sandy
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Happy Bday B!!!! Hope you feel better so you can enjoy your bday!

izzypup- great job on the swimming!!! That's amazing! I am hoping to one day be able to swim well enough to do laps!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Hey Sixers! I just wanted you ladies to know, even when Im stressed or worrying over stuff I can't change I can come here and learn about your lives and struggles and accomplishments and IT MAKES ME SMILE. I feel like I see you ladies daily. LOL, of course thats on line though but you are an important part of my life. Thanks!!!

Amy (baha)- You are doing an amazing job with the workouts! WOW!!! Keep up the great work. Results are SURE to come

Rhiannon- good advice. As a single woman even now I still listen to all advice. It helps me grow and learn more about what I need and want!

B!- Things will workout!

Tiff- What can I say..... just walk away and be happy. LOL. But I know you and I'll be there for you the whole way!

Verda- Thanks for the compliment. You are still my hero! :)

Hi to all others! I'm thinking about you too!

AFM: I am recovering from a crazy day, started out I couldn't find my keys so I had to drive my other car and leave the house open, luckily I have a nice neighboorhood and a nosy neighbor. Then I come home to TWO PILES of surprise from Dylan's bottom. GREAT. I did have a control moment, usually I would have taken that time to wollow in my sorrows well, after cleaning it all up and packing Dylan in the crate w/ a smile... I put on my workout close and did step class. Now, was the class hard to do? YES of course because I am a DWELLER and I was still thinking about what I needed to do later and reflecting on my day but I made it through the whole advanced step class and I did feel better afterwards. LESSON: Just make lemonade, with splenda of course!!

Of to get a tub bath and relax I HOPE.

Take care,

Tamm

P.S. Happy Birthday B!!!!!
  • its_B
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone, but my birthday isnt until wednesday, I just have class all day wednesday so I wouldnt be able to celebrate with my family.

Im feeling very tired, but I will let you know that I think i went over calories today, and according to the food calculator I went over on fat :( [it was the chocolate cake I had for desert!]

I will update in week 5 tomorrow, HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEIGH IN!!!
    B