If I skip drinking water in the morning...

13»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    First of all...MUSCLE CANNOT TURN INTO FAT! That's like asking if you run instead of walk if your shoes will turn into gingerbread men!

I think anyone of average intelligence can discern that when people talk of turning fat into muscle they actually mean losing fat and replacing it with muscle. But I can't imagine anyone thinking the same if someone said their shoes would turn to gingerbread men.
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    "Muscle and fat are two separate and distinct types of tissue," says Cedric X. Bryant, Ph.D., chief exercise physiologist for the American Council on Exercise. "Muscle can't turn into fat any more than wood can turn into metal. But as muscles shrink because of inactivity, fat can fill the space where the muscles used to be, giving the mistaken impression that the muscles have turned to fat."

Shape Magazine

We're all different, what works for me may not work for you. My muscle turned to fat

You're muscle did not turn to fat... you lost muscle and gained fat. There is a HUGE difference...
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    you should be more concerned about going into starvation mode because you don't eat for 6-8+ hours when you sleep!! you should wake up in the middle of the night and have a snack to keep it going....
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    "Muscle and fat are two separate and distinct types of tissue," says Cedric X. Bryant, Ph.D., chief exercise physiologist for the American Council on Exercise. "Muscle can't turn into fat any more than wood can turn into metal. But as muscles shrink because of inactivity, fat can fill the space where the muscles used to be, giving the mistaken impression that the muscles have turned to fat."

Shape Magazine

We're all different, what works for me may not work for you. My muscle turned to fat

You're muscle did not turn to fat... you lost muscle and gained fat. There is a HUGE difference...

Source?
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I think you would be in violation of some MFP water law.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member

Shape Magazine

We all know that magazine is wrong - fat turns to muscle when you tae-bo and 2 lb weights make you bulky. So there, I proved you wrong.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Replace water with bacon.

Problem solved.

MMMMMMMMM bacon MMMMMMMMMMM
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    no u will be fine eat though
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Will my metabolism slow down? Also, will this cause my muscle to turn to fat?

OMG your metabolism will surely stop full stop and you will gradually grind to a halt.

Your muscle will slowly and painfully deteriorate into massive globules of fat!!

But the good news is if you drink plenty of water all those crabs that you have a problem with will help and develop into a good full bodied crab cycle.

Also, you could try adding more protein to help improve your keytones.

Keytones will stop you pi**ing up peoples backs which take you back full circle to the re hydration!
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    So how many calories do I need to eat daily to keep from entering dehydration mode?

I'm so confused!

Not calories, grams of water per day. It's important to get the correct ratio to body weight. Use this formula:

[Year you were born] * [0.0338140225589] = number of fluid oz. of water you should have each day.

670 oz water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to carry the 1 or something. The formula works for me.

LOL you're right, missed the second 0. Good thing I'm not an engineer or anything.....
    Oh... I was hoping you were from the future
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    First of all...MUSCLE CANNOT TURN INTO FAT! That's like asking if you run instead of walk if your shoes will turn into gingerbread men!

I think anyone of average intelligence can discern that when people talk of turning fat into muscle they actually mean losing fat and replacing it with muscle. But I can't imagine anyone thinking the same if someone said their shoes would turn to gingerbread men.
    Obviously not! People are wanting PROOF that muscle can't "turn into" fat. Seriously?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member

Obviously not! People are wanting PROOF that muscle can't "turn into" fat. Seriously?

I have not seen a single study proving you can't
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12079850

There are several potential regulators of fat oxidation: first, malonyl-CoA concentration, which is formed from acetyl-CoA, catalyzed by the enzyme acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC), which in turn will inhibit carnitine palmitoyl transferase I (CPT I). Another possible mechanism is accumulation of acetyl-CoA that will result in acetylation of the carnitine pool, reducing the free carnitine concentration. This could theoretically reduce FA transport into the mitochondria. There is also some recent evidence that CPT I is inhibited by small reductions in pH that might be observed during exercise at high intensities. It is also possible that FA entry into the sarcolemma is regulated by translocation of FAT/CD36 in a similar manner to glucose transport by GLUT-4. Studies suggest that the regulatory mechanisms may be different at rest and during exercise and may change as the exercise intensity increases. Regulation of skeletal muscle fat metabolism is clearly multifactorial, and different mechanisms may dominate in different conditions.

I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member

Your body catabolizes muscle to use for energy. Excess energy is stored as fat.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member

Not seriously.

Try reading the entire thread again, but this time, bear in mind that maybe nobody is being serious.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Not seriously.

Try reading the entire thread again, but this time, bear in mind that maybe nobody is being serious.

Well, maybe nobody *except one person*...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Water?!? Do you know what fish do in that stuff?!? Ugh. Drink coffee, tea, Crystal Light, Mio and stuff like that 'cause it's not, like, y'know....water. I learned that from a college student who took a chemistry class once and was Some Cum Loud or something like that.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member

WRONG! If you eat bread or sugar then muscles turn to fat. That's just one simple example that everybody knows. There are other ways too like watching tv too long.

I really can't tell if this is sarcasm or not