Why do I feel guilty when I can't make it to the gym?

Options
This past week and this week are gonna be tough for me to make it to the gym and lift weights.. I try to do it 4-5x a week plus cardio 4-5x a week..not always on the same day.. I do usually try to take one full day off sometimes two if my body starts draggings.. BUT I am going to be so busy this week I "might" make it there 3x for weights and cardio 1 or 2x this week..

Anyone else feeling the crunch with the holidays? I just feel so guilty for not be able to go and worry that it will hinder my weight loss...

UGH....

Replies

• Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If I can't make it to the gym I workout at home. Life is busy and there are always options. For me, I wake up a little earlier each AM to workout at home (at least 30 mins) before getting ready for work. This way if something happens & I can't get to the gym, I still got a workout in (yes, most days I do get my AM/PM burns in!).

But don't feel stressed about missing here & there: if you eat clean & just be cautious about treats (everything in moderation!) you'll be fine. The holidays will be over before you know it & you don't need one more stressor during this time.

Sit back, enjoy.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I am up early to begin with so after my first shift I usually work out but I middays are so packed this week. I did just jump on the elliptical for 30 mins.. I just hate working out this late makes it hard for me to sleep later..
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    This past week and this week are gonna be tough for me to make it to the gym and lift weights.. I try to do it 4-5x a week plus cardio 4-5x a week..not always on the same day.. I do usually try to take one full day off sometimes two if my body starts draggings.. BUT I am going to be so busy this week I "might" make it there 3x for weights and cardio 1 or 2x this week..

Geez - how many days are in your week?! LOL
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Endorphin Deprivation Depression Syndrome :laugh:
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    There are some weeks when I simply cannot get to the gym when I want to and I feel SO frustrated. However. I don't let myself feel guilty because I just eat as good as I can and I try to stay as active as possible around the house/office. Plus, I train 5x/week normally so when those weeks arrive I could typically use the rest period.

Do not beat yourself up about it. Throw down some pushups or other body weight exercises in your living room if you get antsy.