Which Jillian Michaels next??

So after work today, I will be completing my 30th day (in a row!) of the 30 Day Shred. Although I've lost no actual weight, I'm definitely stronger and I can see the faint start of some ab lines, which I've NEVER had before in my life!

I'm still at 118 lbs, and would be fine staying there, so I'm not really looking for weight loss. Also, during the 30DS, I've actually gained a half inch each on my arms and legs. So I guess what I'm saying it that I'm looking for more of an OVERALL tone or a focus on my stomach, since I'd like to see those ab lines get more distinct.

Variety and fun are also pretty important to me. One thing I hated about 30DS is how sick of it I was after about 4 or 5 days of each level. (I guess it might help if I didn't do it every single day though.)

I'm unfamiliar with the other JM programs/DVDs. For those of you who aren't, what do you think I should do next?

THANKS!! :)

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    When I finished 30DS I moved on to Body Rovolution (then P90X). BR is a 12 week program and is very well rounded.
  • well done for finishing it!!
    would you recommend it as i was actually thinking of starting it today???? i am suprised you didnt lose any weight though so maybe ill look for a different programme.
  • insofaras
    insofaras Posts: 4 Member
    Ripped in 30 is great!
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Do Ripped in 30!! if you want to tone and get ab definition do this, she does crazy ab stuff!!!
  • pandaparty
    pandaparty Posts: 9 Member
    well done for finishing it!!
    would you recommend it as i was actually thinking of starting it today???? i am suprised you didnt lose any weight though so maybe ill look for a different programme.

I would definitely recommend it! I have been doing it as my only exercise (if you don't count walking to and from my work) for the past 30 days and I definitely am more toned. It's also great that it's only like 25 mins total because that's so easy to fit into your day. You'll also get a LOT stronger!

I've seen a lot of before and after pictures in which people lost a lot of weight! I'm assuming that in my case, I replaced fat with muscle, which weighs more.
  • pandaparty
    Thanks everyone! I just got Ripped in 30 on Amazon and it should be here tomorrow or the next day!

I also was checking out 6 Week 6 Pack, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones. Has anyone done any of these?
  • Is it really as great as I am hearing? Your story is motivational!
  • jessicaw79
    jessicaw79 Posts: 26 Member
    I've done most of them....I love No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, but those are individual videos...only one workout each, whereas with 30DS you get 3 workouts in one video and Ripped you get four. I would also recommend Killer Buns and Thighs and Killer Abs, those aren't exactly total body but they are wonderful workouts. I'm hoping to get the Body Revolution for Christmas, I'd love to try that one!
  • Thanks everyone! I just got Ripped in 30 on Amazon and it should be here tomorrow or the next day!

I also was checking out 6 Week 6 Pack, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones. Has anyone done any of these?

I have all of those and they are great! The latter two are longer workouts and will really whip you into shape. (BFBM is cardio, NMTZ is strength)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Thanks everyone! I just got Ripped in 30 on Amazon and it should be here tomorrow or the next day!

I have 6 week 6 pack and BFBM. I like BFBM because you can choose which circuits you want to do, I like the focus on kick boxing on circuits 1,3,5,7.

6w6p is similar to 30 DS but tougher. I mix it up and do different ones on different days instead of doing the same thing every day now.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Bump for later...
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    I did 30 Day Shred in August and then I did Ripped in 30 in September. I loved it! RI30 has more variety (less boring!) since you're doing 30 seconds of an exercise then switching to something else, as opposed to spending 45 seconds-1 min on the same exercises. I still do 30DS or RI30 2-3 times per week because I love them. I asked for 6 Week 6 Pack and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism for Christmas.

After Ripped in 30 I incorporated some P90X workouts and running into my workout schedule and I love it.
  • I haven't done any other Jillian besides 30DS (currently on level 2 day 7), but you can check out some of her other workouts on youtube for free. i watched level 1 of 6w6p yesterday and it looks like it'll definitely work those abs. I recommend at least checking them out on youtube before you commit to buying a dvd.
  • pandaparty
    I did 30 Day Shred in August and then I did Ripped in 30 in September. I loved it! RI30 has more variety (less boring!) since you're doing 30 seconds of an exercise then switching to something else, as opposed to spending 45 seconds-1 min on the same exercises. I still do 30DS or RI30 2-3 times per week because I love them. I asked for 6 Week 6 Pack and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism for Christmas.

It sounds like I made the right choice then! I would get so bored with the circuits so I'm glad there's more variety.

Thanks for the help everyone! And YES, I would definitely recommend trying 30DS. The reason why I started (keep in mind - I have never EVER tried any sort of strength training before this DVD) is because of all those amazing before and afters on MPF.

Glad I did it, for sure. :)