2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Debra I hope life did not prevent you from your elliptical date!!!

Dominique I wish you WELLNESS!!

My 4/7 was the treadmill, JMBR, ab work and extra reps!!
  • Missou
    Missou Posts: 96 Member
    Hi friends, I feel better today thanks for your good thoughts, I really need to get back on my treadmill. Walking is a good exercice, My heart really needs it.

Take care of yourselves :smooched:
    winter10.gif
  • vhuber
    Wow! I have not been here since WEDNESDAY???
    Thursday was the same as Wed but the JMBR workout was different!
    I took Friday AND today off!

Heather, Saturday starts our week right?? If so I am 0/7!!

Glad you are feeling better Dominique!
    Hello Deb and Ivy!!!!
  • vhuber
    1/7 was:
    JMBR CARDIO, 1/2 hr of reps and 3 miles on the bike!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Wow! I have not been here since WEDNESDAY???
    Thursday was the same as Wed but the JMBR workout was different!
    I took Friday AND today off!

Heather, Saturday starts our week right?? If so I am 0/7!!

Glad you are feeling better Dominique!
    Hello Deb and Ivy!!!!

I thought that this year we started on Sundays since January 1st was a Sunday. I've been counting the week as Sunday through Saturday, but as long as you're getting the workouts in I guess it doesn't matter!! And you always get your workouts in so you can track your week however you want. :wink:

I didn't get any workouts in last week--unless you count running around all weekend Christmas shopping!! :laugh: My foot is starting to feel better, and although I want so bad to hop on the treadmill and run I am going to wait until it is completely better. The pain seems to be migrating towards the back of my foot, near my heel now, so I'm hoping it will migrate right on out of my foot in the next week or so. I think that if I can get back to running by Christmas I will really have a shot at getting back in decent enough shape to run the half in January. I know that my speed won't be as good, but I really just want to have the experience. If not, no huge loss--there's a half in April for the Kentucky Derby that my sister is running, so I can always do that one instead.

Hope you guys are having a great day!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Hello friends... Glad to hear I am not the only one struggling to get the exercise in.
    Such a busy time...
    I wish you all the best!!!
  • vhuber
    Thank you Heather and I sure hope your foot heals faster! You are always running here & there so I suppose that is going to delay you some!!! Hang in there, you'll always have a race coming up somewhere!!

Debra, you just do what you can do, that's all there is to it!!!

If we start on Sundays then I am 3/7 with a 10 mile bike ride at 4:30 this morning along with abs and reps! This evening I did 380 stair steps for another challenge!!!
  • vhuber
    4/7 with a 7 mike bike cruise at 4:45 a.m, 560 stairs, 75 situps and 15 min of reps! night all I'm tired!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Drum roll please.....I am FINALLY 1/7 with a 2 mile RUN on my treadmill tonight!!!! And it was very nearly pain-free!!!! Just a little bit of soreness in the foot during running, but only about a score of 1 on a scale of 1-10. Yay!!! I'm so excited and hope it still feels good tomorrow!

Happy Thursday everyone!
  • vhuber
    Heather that is AWESOME!!! Be good to it so you can run your race!!!!

My 5/7 was 9 miles on the bike, 75 situps , tricep dips and 323 stairs! I have had stairs added to a challenge I am in and if any of you want a workout without hitting a gym, try it out!!!:wink:
  • makeitallsue
    ugh internet went off as I went to post my post!!

Heather I gave you a Whoot Whoot on your foot and wished for you to be 0 pain soon!!!

Verda.. I aske you about stairs.. are you doing a certain amount of flights? Love the way you switch things up!

I also shared about my bad dog bella... she herded the sheep the other morning.. which ended up hitting me from behind... which sent me flying and I teaked my knee int he process... which has me eating aleeve this week!
  • vhuber
    Sorry Debra!!! Rub that gel I gave you on it!!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You must have posted with your phone!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    2/7 with my 5K race this morning and the foot didn't really hurt the whole time, woo hoo!!! Gotta run, will try to check in tomorrow! :)
  • vhuber
    That is great Heather!!!! Love the new pic of the adorables!!!

Ended last week 5/7 (took Fri & Sat off)
    1/7 was JMBR Cardio 2, JMBR workout #9 and 2.10 miles on my bike. Burned 1104 cals!
  • makeitallsue
    Way to bring it Verda!!!!

Love the picture Heather... Your little girl looks a lot like you..how adorable!
  • Missou
    Missou Posts: 96 Member
    Hello!! Hope you are feeling good this evening. I am feeling a lot better these days. I stopped taking a medecine that was causing me to have a lot of pain and moving had become very difficult. I am now almost pain free and able to start training again. I just completed an 18 minutes walk on my treadmill, a little ab work and some shoulder movement. Feels good.

The medecine I stopped taking is one for cholesterol control. My level is naturally at about 2 and I must keep it under 2. To do so, I decided to become a semi-vegetarian. The only meat that I will take from now on, is fish and turkey, nothing else. I am seeing my cardiologist on Wednesday and we will talk about it but one thing he will have to understand is that I will definitly not live in pain, no way.

Take care :smooched: :smooched:

By the way, happy end of the world and I'll speak to you on the 22 :wink: :tongue:

16509810.jpg
  • vhuber
    2/7 with another calorie cruncher!!
    13 miles on bike, workout 10 of the JMBR series and 20 minutes of reps!!
  • vhuber
    My 3/7 was an hour on my bike at 4:30 this morning along with situps, dips & 3 one minute planks, seven hours at work then 4 hrs of house cleaning for my bachelor friend. I did 2 more 1 minute planks while waiting for his front load washer to get done!!
  • makeitallsue
    Quick run thorugh to say Hello to everyone... been a bad girl with the exercise... but have tons of house cleaning to do today... so I will fit exercise in as I am scrubbing away!!

Blessings to you all!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hey ladies!!! I am 1/7 for the week with a 3 mile run on the treadmill at 5:30 this morning. Woo hoo!!! The foot was a little "sore" but not really painful. May try to do another short treadmill run tomorrow depending on how it feels.

Verda--you are AMAZING--4:30??? I dread getting out of bed to work out at 5:30, I really don't think that I could do 4:30. Sounds like you had a super crazy busy day!

Debra, I know it is a busy time of year and I'm sure you'll get the workouts in as soon as you have time.

I don't know about everyone else, but I have kind of mentally checked out of work! I have two more days until 9 days of freedom!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: