it feels so much better when you "cut the crap"

2»

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I don't know how tall you are, so if you're very short, this might not be a problem...but generally, a woman of 23 shouldn't weigh 94lbs. Unless you're 5'0 or shorter, 98 lbs is underweight, and even at 5'0 it doesn't allow for much bone density or any muscle mass. If you're taller than that, you need to maintain or current weight or even allow for some muscle mass. You're at an incredibly high risk for osteoporosis, and if you've been underweight for a great length of time, you probably have some osteopenia already.

You can still eat healthy food and cut out junk while building some muscle mass and/or maintaining a healthy body weight, and the lowest number isn't always the healthiest.

I don't weigh 94 nor have I ever. I once weighed 98 and was thin, could have used a lb or two, depending. 100 is fine for me. I'm 5'2" and am shooting for 100-102. The other two to four lbs probably goes to my face and chest and after that, stomach!

I have a very thin frame and can circle my thumb around my wrist and hit my pointy finger.

at 98 lbs, though, I had really lean nice legs but not a lean stomach. I have ab muscles under my stomach, but you can't exercise away skin. I had a baby three years ago. Anyway. I lost a lot of my arm muscle...and I used to have decent enough arms. boo.

At the moment I look grossly misporportioned and nearly pregnant.

Sorry, the 4 was a typo. I was just trying to point out that shooting for 100lbs may not be ideal. At 5'2, that's very light, and it sounds like your body composition rather than your weight is the issue. It's possible to weigh little and still have a high amount of body fat, and simply losing weight won't remedy the problem. You have to focus on losing body fat and changing your shape through adding muscle in certain areas to promote a proportioned look. Gaining weight isn't indicative of gaining fat either, so even if you do gain weight, if you're performing resistance training, it will be muscle rather than fat. It's much healthier to actively change your body composition through resistance training and eating enough rather than passively changing it by just losing fat or muscle to reach a certain number.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Well, since you've only seen my face and I live in my own jeans, I'm pretty sure I know how I gain weight and were I gain it and what my body looks like, as well as what my mother and brother look like.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Well, since you've only seen my face and I live in my own jeans, I'm pretty sure I know how I gain weight and were I gain it and what my body looks like, as well as what my mother and brother look like.

No reason to get defensive. We're all just here to exchange ideas. That's the point of a forum. No one said "Well I know how to eat right so I think I know not to eat crap," when you posted this.

And you look really slender in both of those pictures. I really don't see where the problem is in either one.
  • maverickyanda
    the point was my face was more filled and my belly O.o.

I don't want to argue over a message board, especially one where we're supposed to be giving support. :p
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    I cut out dairy two months ago and feel great! Just my two cents. Rice milk, almond milk, and soy milk are all great ways to get calcium and vitamin D.
  • maverickyanda
    so's popping a vitamin pill he he he.

although the calcium carbonate can make you bloate (hence the 'carbonate' part).

i'm allergic to soy - noooooooooooo soy products for me. if i didn't eat dairy somewhat i'd starve.

but i do know to buy certain brands over others and to forgo the heavy alfredo (even though its so yummy) at restaurants, etc.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Sooo true, started up again today with a "detox" of all veggies, fruits, egg whites, brown rice, beans, LF yogurt and skim milk. NO cheese, breads, pastas, meat etc for about 9 days. Last time I did this I felt great, food cravings down, energy up and I didn't starve, basically just clean living.

The important thing this time is to keep it up and gradually add back foods in moderation, but I actually really like the "detox" foods, all fresh and good for me and the kids just get some chicken added and they keep eating their whole grain bread and pasta, so it's easy to cook for everyone in the house!

8439.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

It's easy to cut out the crap when you truly are ready for change!
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Hey MSARRO,
    Exactly what I have been eating too. What a difference.
    BTW>>>LOVE THE GOOD DOCTOR.
    Nice quote. :wink:

~Kell
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    recently I switched to eating whole wheat stuff and what a difference in my bloating. Just imagine if I cut out more stuff how I would feel:tongue: I don't eat all that bad. But since the warm weather has come I've been eating ice-cream to much. And right after I eat it (my daughter too) I get really tired. Dairy is not my friend in the first place but it's hard to stay away from the ice-cream:frown:
  • jasha80
    jasha80 Posts: 8
    I'm vegetarian...... i have not had a hamburger in 3 years.... you would too if you go to peta.com
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    recently I switched to eating whole wheat stuff and what a difference in my bloating. Just imagine if I cut out more stuff how I would feel:tongue: I don't eat all that bad. But since the warm weather has come I've been eating ice-cream to much. And right after I eat it (my daughter too) I get really tired. Dairy is not my friend in the first place but it's hard to stay away from the ice-cream:frown:

Rice Dream and Soy Dream are some really good ice creams! Butter pecan....yumm.... :happy:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I have tried rice dream.... Thanks for reminding me. That's what I should buy:happy:
  • maverickyanda
    :blushing: allergic to soy.

and PETA makes me laugh.

I love cats.

Tastes like Chicken.

:blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!