Mid-Range Goal Met! WITH PIC!

tidesong
tidesong Posts: 451 Member
I've met my mid-range goal of 180 pounds so that means it was time for some comparison pics! Here's a set of three: On the left is me at my highest weight, exact weight unknown; approximating at 280. I started weight loss efforts in 2005 at 269 pounds. Middle pic is July of 2012, (after I started my weight loss again from 235 pounds) in March, at about 200 pounds. On the right is today's pic, 179 pounds. Still have a bit to go, but I'm trying to celebrate the victories!

BampC_04_Dec12_zps0bd4d004.png

Replies

• DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Fabulous work!! You look fantastic and happy!!!
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Awesome. Congrats to you on all your hard work :)
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Wonderful, wonderful job!!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Congrats! You look great!
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Fantastic job!!! You look great already!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    amazing! you are looking fabulous. Congrats on your progress!
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    You look amazing! Great job and keep it up!
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    You're doing great, can't wait to see you at goal!
  • tidesong
    Thanks everyone! We can all do this! :)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    WOW! Tremendous progress!!! Keep up the good work!
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Looks like the weightless plan is working. These pics remind me that dedication pays off. Good luck on the rest of your journey. Can't wait to see the pic when you reach your goal:smile:
  • wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    Fabulous!!! Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    What a marvelous transformation. You look amazing!! Keep up the good work--it's definately paying off!
  • That's great ! You look happy .
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Fabulous! What have you been doing? You look marvelous darling!
  • tidesong
    Fabulous! What have you been doing? You look marvelous darling!

Hee, thank you! :) I've been doing two things:

1) Watching how much I eat and WHAT I eat. I log EVERYTHING. And I'm not hard on myself if I have a day where I go over my calories, because I know that's likely to put me in a binge. I also don't have any "forbidden" foods. If I want a brownie, I have one. But I log it. The only things I try to stay away from are things that upset my reflux and/or my IBS.

2) Exercise. I was sedentary my whole life until I started with a walk around the block in March. Since then, I've joined a gym, trained for and run a 5k, and I'm doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred right now (2 days left of Level 3!). There are days I can't do much because of physical limitations due to my MS and fibro, but I try to get at least 10 minutes of cardio in every day. I usually push for 45.

It really is a matter of eating less and moving more. But it's not easy by any means. That's where my community of friends/family and others on the journey comes in. I couldn't do it without the support of my friends and family, and the folks here!
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    You look amazing and are quite inspiring!! Keep up the great journey you are on! :drinker:
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Kuddos congrats :)
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Congratulations! You look wonderful!
  • tidesong
    Again, thank you everyone. The kind words are nice, especially considering this week's weigh-in wasn't where I wanted it to be. SCALE QUIT GOING THE WRONG WAY! I think I might start doing a monthly weigh-in instead of weekly. Trying to keep focused on how far I've come, not one week being silly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!