nutrition guidelines

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
I sure wish that at restaurants and fast food places next to the price of the item they showed how many calories things were- It would make things so much easier you think they would do that considering that America has so many obesed people. You would be able to see how many calories you are getting at a sitting when you go out to eat rather than eating home which is usually the best choice.

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    I sure wish that at restaurants and fast food places next to the price of the item they showed how many calories things were- It would make things so much easier you think they would do that considering that America has so many obesed people. You would be able to see how many calories you are getting at a sitting when you go out to eat rather than eating home which is usually the best choice.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    I complete agree. It is hard to make the right decision when you are out and sometimes you think you are but you are not. You would also think that the major chain restaurants would at least have it posted on thier website - not all do.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I complete agree. It is hard to make the right decision when you are out and sometimes you think you are but you are not. You would also think that the major chain restaurants would at least have it posted on thier website - not all do.

Yes it is very frustrating you think you are making a good choice but come to find out after its already down your throat you were better off eating the worse thing on the menu..So frustrating
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    That would be awesome! But of course big restaurant chains are gonna fight that. If you knew that the ooey gooey yummy "healthy" grilled chicken salad you were about to eat REALLY has 1100 calories... would you still buy it?
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    For Instance... I am visiting family in Florida in a few days. My family LOVES to eat and they LOVE olive garden. Being the health concious person that I am, I decided to look for calorie counts on olive gardens website.

Can't find um... and if they are there... they are hidden VERY well. I finally found some nutritional counts on some random website. The 'healthy" dishes pack 600-900 cals each. The breadsticks that I love are 140 calories each, and that doesn't even start to count the calories for the alfredo dipping sauce we always get.

There's no way I can tell my family we aren't going to Olive Garden... but I am gonna have to do so serious defensive eating when I get there LOL. Wish me luck!!!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    That would be awesome! But of course big restaurant chains are gonna fight that. If you knew that the ooey gooey yummy "healthy" grilled chicken salad you were about to eat REALLY has 1100 calories... would you still buy it?

Yeah I was thinking about that too- Some people might turn away certain foods when they find out how many calories are in what they are about to shove down their throat.

and good luck to finding things to eat-- The Minestrone soup is only 100 cals @ olive garden-