Bodyfat estimation thread

SideSteel
SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
NOTE: If you would like an estimate, you are required to post your photos in this thread or in a PM. We will no longer be doing estimates by looking in your profiles. Please label your pics as flexed or relaxed, accordingly.

Did you read the above? Testing? Is this thing on?

=)

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

For a while at bodybuilding.com, I would contribute to the bodyfat estimation thread where people would post photos for an estimate. I think this would be a good feature to have here. If you would like an estimate, please post links to your photos in this thread. Generally speaking, at a bare minimum you should post a front relaxed and a front flexed photo. The more photos you post and in reasonable lighting, the more accurate we will be able to estimate.

It goes without saying that at higher bodyfat percentages it becomes more difficult.

This thread is simply for people to get an estimate as needed. I'll gladly guess for both genders but I'll be more accurate on males. Insert joke here. (Actually don't, lets keep this thread clean).

Other people are welcome to participate in providing estimates provided you're reasonably good at it or experienced at some capacity. Please be well aware that we are looking for accuracy and not sugar-coating or padding someones feelings, just being blunt here. If you have done estimates before then feel free to chime in.

Ladies, please also provide a side-pic. The relaxed pics should be with your arms down and to the front/side so you are not stretching. Also, the pics need to show your legs, at least from the knees up. A back pic would also help. The pics need to be candid pics and not at flattering angles/body positions.

Additionally, please provide height and weight.

See http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/832956-how-to-post-pictures? for help on how to post pictures to a thread.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Tagging so I can track posts.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    I can do males as well.

Will need height and weight and pics.
  • Saunz5
    Saunz5 Posts: 165 Member
    My photos are posted in my profile... I don't know how to attach them here.
  • SideSteel
    I can do males as well.

Will need height and weight and pics.
    Thanks Sub. Good call on stats, added that into the OP.
  • Sarauk2sf
    My photos are posted in my profile... I don't know how to attach them here.

Are the pics in the black sports bra and shorts the current ones?

What is your height and weight?
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    I think ur already estimated me b4, Sidesteal. But gonna put up to see what everyone says. I dont really have relaxed front ones. And I'm all bloated from holidays, so I dont wanna take new ones lol So I hope what I have will do.
    Height: 5'5 (5'4.75" if you wanna be exact)
    Weight: 121.4lbs (in the pics)
    60daysliftingside-1-1.jpg
    60daysliftingfront-1-1.jpg
    60daysliftingback1.jpg
    I didn't know if back was important.
    These are close ups of my belly, which is my problem area, where I store most of my fat
    IMAG1146-1.jpg
    IMAG1145-1.jpg
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Im pretty much technology stupid and have no clue how to post pictures, but they're the ones in the pink/coral color bathing suit, the thinner looking ones, theres 2 fronts and 2 sides. The pictures of just my abs is also one as well, but I swear they don't look that good on a regular basis, so I don't really like to go by that.

I'm 5'3
    129-132 lbs (fluctuates)

I would love to get an estimation to see what I need to get to get to my goal.
  • Sarauk2sf
    I think ur already estimated me b4, Sidesteal. But gonna put up to see what everyone says. I dont really have relaxed front ones. And I'm all bloated from holidays, so I dont wanna take new ones lol So I hope what I have will do.
    Height: 5'5 (5'4.75" if you wanna be exact)
    Weight: 121.4lbs (in the pics)

I had agreed with SideSteel on his estimation on your thread you posted a little while ago - which was mid 20's - so 24 or 25% give or take a percentage point or two.

Edited out pics.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Im pretty much technology stupid and have no clue how to post pictures, but they're the ones in the pink/coral color bathing suit, the thinner looking ones, theres 2 fronts and 2 sides. The pictures of just my abs is also one as well, but I swear they don't look that good on a regular basis, so I don't really like to go by that.

I'm 5'3
    129-132 lbs (fluctuates)

I would love to get an estimation to see what I need to get to get to my goal.

Your profile is private so I cannot see the pics.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I wanna play. AFTER the holiday bloat goes away... I have a food baby that looks to be about 4 months in gestation.
  • Saunz5
    I'm 5'7 1/2" and 125# (rounded up from my last weight check a few days ago.)
  • Sarauk2sf
    I'm 5'7 1/2" and 125# (rounded up from my last weight check a few days ago.)

Were you this in your pics?
  • Saunz5
    Yes
  • Sarauk2sf
    Thanks.

So, I would estimate your body fat % to be approx. 13 - 14%, give or take a percentage point either way. To be honest, it is a little hard to eyeball your BF% due to you having what looks like a relatively low LBM. You do not have much fat on you at all, but the low LBM and therefore low weight skews the percentages.
  • Saunz5
    What's LBM?
  • Sarauk2sf
    What's LBM?

Lean Body Mass - basically everything that is not fat and includes muscle, water, bones, organs etc etc. I was using it to refer to muscle mass (a bit inaccurately admittedly)
  • Saunz5
    I've used the fat2fit military body fat calculator before...Would that be accurate at all?
  • SideSteel
    I've used the fat2fit military body fat calculator before...Would that be accurate at all?

Most estimation methods have inaccuracies. For ME, the military method is pretty close. For others it is off quite a bit.

I agree with Sara's estimate.
  • Sarauk2sf

Most estimation methods have inaccuracies. For ME, the military method is pretty close. For others it is off quite a bit.

I agree with Sara's estimate.

I am one of those where it is way off. It depends on where the body fat is distributed.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Ok, my profile should be public now. If I can figure out how to actually post pictures then I'll post some on this thread as well.
This discussion has been closed.