A life anew - No excuses!

Hey everybody, I'm Elfmonkey and I'm a foodaholic.

Last time I was normal weight, was probably about 22 years ago, when I was a toddler. Now I am 26 and my total weight is roughly 118 kilos.. 260 pounds. Since I've never been fit, I can't miss it. But I've wanted it as long as I can remember.

I've tried to lose weight so many times, and most of those times ended up me giving up before I properly started. Not because it was too difficult or because I injured myself, but because I couldn't be bothered. Thinking "What's the point? I'm not gonna finish, I'm gonna fail" blah blah... Well of course I will if I think that. So I've tried to motivate myself, keep my spirit up, all that you-can-do-it-stuff. I've started out fine, kept going for a week, two weeks.. until I have a little lapse. Instead of forgiving myself and continuing, I've used that as an excuse, "See, told me so", and that's it for that diet.

But I CAN do it, I WANT to do it. My back hurts, my knees hurt, I pant when I go up the stairs to the bedroom and my clothes are bigger than my 6 ft tall, stocky husband. And I'm depressed. As in "I hate myself and the world", lying in the bed crying and blocking everything and everybody out, in need of medication -sort of depressed. So I NEED to do it as well. Because if I get into better shape, I will feel better. Because I've accomplished something for once and I look better. And I'll be able to do my "marital duty" better as well, if you get my drift, and what better reward is there? :tongue:

So here I solemnly swear, that starting on 1st of January 2013 I will start my 100 pound marathon, and I will not stop until it's done. And if I stumble, I will forgive, forget and go on with it; acknowledge it is not the end of the world.

There. It became a tad longer than I anticipated and a lot more melodramatic that I hoped for, but never mind, eh? Now, going enjoy my last days of being a lazy git and try to find things to keep me motivated!

Cheers for reading, have a lovely day! :drinker:

Elfie x x x

Replies

• Algerina9601
    Algerina9601 Posts: 55 Member
    Hey Elfie

Wow, we have a lot in common! I weight about the same as you (I think), I want to loose 100lbs too. I met my hubby on-line, and I used to live in the UK!

I too have never been in shape, in fact I am at my peak of the fattest and laziest that I have ever been. And I have had enough of it. I have 3 kids and want to have the energy to do more with them and not sit on my *kitten* watching TV and eating crap.

I plan to start on good ol Jan 1.

I sent you a friend request, we can do this together.
  • myJOF
    myJOF Posts: 26
    Well! I have 100 lbs to lose and the 31st (my anniversary) is my LAST start date. I'm with you!
  • You CAN do this. I will guarantee you that you will slip and you will stumble along this journey...HOWEVER, you are a strong person and can overcome anything if you put your mind to it. I know how hard it can be and how frustrating it can be. Keep your eyes on the prise love. 100lbs will be gone before you know it and you will look back and thank yourself. I still have alot of weight to lose (about 69lbs to go) and i know how important encouragement and support are. Im here if you want to chat. Feel free to add me! :)

-Maria
  • Thank you everyone! Means a lot to have people to talk to who are in the same(ish) position. :) Sure my hubby is supportive and helps me out as much as he can, but he's always been more or less fit (damn him, lol) so he doesn't know what it's like to actually struggle with losing weight. But now I know where to go if I need a boost to my motivation! (And yes, I mean here :P) Yay at us all!