2012 - A Successful Year.

I had a friend who always encouraged me to lose weight and eat healthy, and who had been on her weight loss journey for a long time (she's lost 180 lbs!) We've been friends for years, and in January she opened up her own personal training studio. This seemed like a good idea to me, and I was excited for her. Her and I went for lunch one day, and I told her that she really motivated me, and that I wanted to start working out with her. I needed her help and I wanted to start somewhere. We talked about eating plans, about my goals, about prices, and I was just so excited to start. On February 20th 2012, I remember it better than any day of my life, I walked into her studio. I was wearing all black, with blue shoes that weren't running shoes, and I didn't know what to expect. This is me, on that date, at my highest weight of 339 lbs.
progress1_zpsfe83ee2e.jpg

In May, I bought this dress.
goaldress_zps2ba255f1.jpg

I told myself it would be a goal dress for myself and that someday I would be able to wear it. I was hoping to be able to wear it by summer, but I tried it on for a long time and it never fit. I was getting very motivated in my weightloss and I had probably lost about 40 - 50 lbs by this date, and the dress got me excited to lost even more weight. I hung it up and looked at it for motivation.

This year really has been amazing. I fell in love, and I've never been able to do that because of my weight. I never thought anyone would love me, and this stopped me from loving anyone too. While I've been with him, I've lost about 50 lbs. and he is very happy for my weightloss too and supports me in everything I do. I love him!!!

jennaaaa222_zps74f706e9.jpg

Other than falling in love, becoming a happier person, and gaining confidence this year, I've lost 120 lbs and over 80 inches off my body. This year has been the greatest year of my life. And I'm so happy my trainer could help me in a way that no one has ever helped me before. I'm also glad I could help myself. 2012 was my year.

And guess what? I fit into that goal dress, and I think I even looked good in it too!!

christmas_zps2c302a48-1_zpsd0182ac9.jpg

BRING ON 2013!!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!