Birthday too close to holidays

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    heh.

You've already given me bewbie nuzzles and guinea pig squeaks...what more could I ask for?

how about a lombardi?

Those are ours.

Well...not this year.

not that lombardi, Brett!

He wasn't talking about the same lombardi I was, was he? awkward
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    My birthday is 3 days after Christmas. I'm lucky if anyone remembers, let alone gets me a gift. :laugh:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    heh.

You've already given me bewbie nuzzles and guinea pig squeaks...what more could I ask for?

how about a lombardi?

Those are ours.

Well...not this year.

*google fu*

Sweet Christmas!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Is there something you like to do for yourself but never do/sledom do? Like a day at the spa or mani/pedi or something like that?

Maybe a date night out to a nice place, or if possible your daughter go to the grandparents/family member/close friend's house and you have a nice night in without a child - dinner, movies, adult activities etc.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Gift certificates for almost anything. That way in the summer you can whip them out and enjoy stuff you wouldn't ordinarily.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    heh.

how about a lombardi?

Those are ours.

Well...not this year.

*google fu*

Sweet Christmas!

um
  • _Elemenopee_
    Is there something you like to do for yourself but never do/sledom do? Like a day at the spa or mani/pedi or something like that?

Maybe a date night out to a nice place, or if possible your daughter go to the grandparents/family member/close friend's house and you have a nice night in without a child - dinner, movies, adult activities etc.

This would be perfect except my in-laws watch my daughter M-F while we work, plus our niece and nephew so I feel horribly guilty asking them to watch her overnight (though the other kids never feels bad going out several times a month and asking them to watch them overnight) I have way too much of a guilty conscious to ask that of them.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Hookers and blow....

and a Tiara....
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    heh.

how about a lombardi?

Those are ours.

Well...not this year.

sometimes I worry about you.....

this is one of those times....

(facepalm)
  • _Elemenopee_
    heh.

how about a lombardi?

Those are ours.

Well...not this year.

(facepalm)

This is what happens when Brett is let loose in the forums
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    My b-day is this month as well. Thinking about asking him to get me some pretty underthings to wear. lol

Which will mean a gift card and me going by myself.
  • hgambaro124
    hgambaro124 Posts: 30 Member
    i have the same problem i never know what to tell people when they ask...i still have 3 weeks and they are already asking me lol....
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    My birthday is Sunday, I feel ya pain.

Ask for a crossbow. I got one for Christmas!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    heh.

how about a lombardi?

Those are ours.

Well...not this year.

(facepalm)

This is what happens when Brett is let loose in the forums

kinda makes you wanna get him one of those backpack leashes....

to you know...reel him in....
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Mine is Dec 26th and though I've never really gotten excited about it my family actually managed to make me cry this year... everyone was partied out and putting a cake on the table with candles and singing to me was too much for them. We even had the cake, and the candles but nobody cared enough to do anything with them.

I would get you a new birthday!!! :)
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    i know exactly how you feel.. my birthday is on jan 1, and my dad's birthday is christmas. my mom asks us to make christmas lists. she uses that to get christmas and birthday gifts for both of us.

my husband gets me slippers every birthday, and socks for christmas. we dont spend that much on each other for gifts. my husbands birthday is a week after mine, so the family gets together the weekend in between our birthdays for a nice dinner out. we keep it pretty simple.

we do all make sure to get my dad something jsut as a birthday present. it sucks having your birthday on a holiday. especially christmas.
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Just had to reply to this one. My birthday is December 30th, so as with anyone having a birthday close to Christmas, I've put up all my life with "This is for Christmas AND your birthday"! This year was my 60th, so my husband wanted to make it special. He bought gifts and cards for three days in advance with a countdown....3...2...1. That was great, but he didn't get me anything for Christmas because he wanted to make my birthday "special". I asked him "If my birthday was in June, would you say I got you something special, so I'm not getting you anything for Christmas"? Just an FYI.....BIRTHDAYS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH CHRISTMAS!!!
    Different occasions require different gifts. And they don't have to be big or cost a lot, but you DO have to spend time and THINK about the person you care about when getting them something. It IS the thought that counts! I also always buy myself clothes and he wraps them so I have things to open, but usually, I get one or two surprises. This year, the surprise was on me!!! I would have appreciated it more if he took one of my "birthday gifts" and gave it to me for Christmas!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Mine is on Friday...

I never know for sure what to ask for, so I usually just ask for something that I did not get for Christmas.

If I thought we could afford it, I would ask for $180 to get 6 sessions with a trainer.

reality, I might get a card...
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Mine was the 30th...didn't know what I wanted, got credit for future wish:)