Ladies 5'7" - 5'8"? Pic?

Howdy MFP Peeps!

I'm hoping you can help me out with a little problem I'm having. I have never (never, ever, ever) been a healthy weight.

I have no idea what a healthy weight looks like on my 5'7.5" frame.

If you are near my height, would you be willing to share your pic and weight? I know that weights vary wildly among people even when their heights are similar, but I am just trying to get a mental image of what I might look like.

A little bit of positive visualization, y'know?? :smile:

And just so you know I'm not a weird troller looking for pics, here's my before and during pic:
20121226_Compare_1_zpsa43b3025.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sarahpalmer84
    sarahpalmer84 Posts: 10 Member
    Not sure how to post a picture but I am 5'8" and 145 in my profile picture
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    120.jpg
  • JudySwims
    JudySwims Posts: 52 Member
    I am exactly ur height. You can see my pictures in my profile. 148 today. 143 too thin as I think my photo shows in my triathlon photo.
  • I am 5'7" and 178.5 in my profile picture.

ETA: I know I am not in the "healthy" range yet either... just feel like sharing ;)
  • JudySwims
    You look great!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    I'm 5'8" and this is me at 140 lbs.

15nx9io.jpg
  • Howdy MFP Peeps!

I'm hoping you can help me out with a little problem I'm having. I have never (never, ever, ever) been a healthy weight.

I have no idea what a healthy weight looks like on my 5'7.5" frame.

If you are near my height, would you be willing to share your pic and weight? I know that weights vary wildly among people even when their heights are similar, but I am just trying to get a mental image of what I might look like.

A little bit of positive visualization, y'know?? :smile:

And just so you know I'm not a weird troller looking for pics, here's my before and during pic:
    20121226_Compare_1_zpsa43b3025.jpg

Thanks in advance!

You look amazing!!! Keep up the good work!!

I am a very small-framed 5'8.5", weighed in this morning at 130# (pics in profile pictures).
  • blullb
    blullb Posts: 37 Member
    /Users/johnnieunrau/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2012/2012-10-08/IMG_1802.jpg

Not sure if this pic will load, i dont know how to attach a pic on here, but if it does: this is me and im 5' 7.5" at 135 pounds.
  • JudySwims
    120.jpg

Wow such a great accomplishment!
  • Wow YOu guys have done an amazing Job!!!!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    bump
  • CoderGal
    Great progress so far. This is me (5'7, 120lbs). Keep in mind maintaining muscle mass makes a world of difference in looks. I know a girl not much bigger then I am and she's 30lbs heavier but looks fantastic. Also, people look dramatically different at the same size depending where you 'carry your weight', bone density, etc.

Snuba in Maui
    391981_10152116832130607_1965415392_n.jpg

Flying Hawaiian Zipline hike
    199369_10152129653010607_1869878097_n.jpg
  • It depends on your frame as well.
    I am just over 5'7 and would expect that 160 would be a fine weight for me..this may change when I get to this weight but for me,I think it will work
  • JudySwims
    Wow you gals at 120-135 I applaud!!! Maybe its a mental barrier but getting anywhere 140 and I don't look right. Face shows it... what tiny boobies I have dissapear... and my ribs hurt. How do you know your frame size? I have heard about fingers around wrist but is that accurate? What if I have long fingers?
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Thank you thank you thank you for your responses!

Can I just say... you ladies look AMAZING! Absolutely stunning!! My jaw dropped so many times that I have a bruise now. :)

Kinda hard (still) to wrap my brain around the idea that I will ever look like this... but I'm just gonna keep on living this healthy lifestyle. I figure the losing weight and getting fit is just a happy side effect.
  • CoderGal
    Wow you gals at 120-135 I applaud!!! Maybe its a mental barrier but getting anywhere 140 and I don't look right. Face shows it... what tiny boobies I have dissapear... and my ribs hurt. How do you know your frame size? I have heard about fingers around wrist but is that accurate? What if I have long fingers?

It really depends on how active you are too...depending on your diet and how active you are then it's no problem to get down there eating in the 2xxxs per day, if you're up for it, and I garantee you'd look a hell of a lot better then getting there sedentary and hardly moving or eating. I NET about 1700 (I eat back exercise calories). I don't think frame size matters. I've been told by my doctor I have a large frame and thick bones.

Take one of the users here for example, they look a hell of a lot healthier and slimmer in the face when they were lifting weights at about the same size:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494091-i-just-don-t-care-anymore
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Everyone is different because of their body type, as echoed by others here. I'm not good at posting pictures in replies, but take a look at my profile pictures. I'm 5'7", and currently 147... my heaviest weight. My current profile picture was just taken this morning (go Vikings!).

My official starting photo in January 2012 was the close up photo of my face, wearing a purple top. However, I was down to my goal weight 128 last year, as shown in the photo with my bike, medal around my neck, wearing the black bra top. The headshot photo in the white buttondown shirt was at my goal weight too. In the two piece bikini I was 132. You will know when you get there, so be sure to not only think about how you feel, but take photos along the way to see how you look too.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    I also wonder... those of you in the 120's to 140's: what was your heaviest weight? Did you spend a long time overweight/obese?
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    I'm 5' 8" and my goal is 160. My profile pic is me at 195.
  • CoderGal
    I also wonder... those of you in the 120's to 140's: what was your heaviest weight? Did you spend a long time overweight/obese?

I know from being here for a few years there are many who spent a long time (life time or years) before changing their weight and managing to maintain it, but there's a lot of them out there. Unfortunately once they meet that they usually disappear, every now and then you meet a stragaler like me who likes to keep in touch with their friends they've made along the way. I also know 2 guys who went from morbidly obese for their lives to on the lower side of healthy. One does a lot of triathlons now and they've been doing it for years now. Personally, I got depressed and went up to about 150lbs (then stopped stepping on the scale) for less then a year. Felt like a bag of crap. Resting heart rate was about 110 (its 65 now). Not healthy for most people who are that size and weight. I also went from dancing about 9 times a week to not doing anything at all (student/money problems), went back to school and spent my days stressing in a chair. I lost most of my weight being sedentary but smartened up when I remembered how much better I feel when I move.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!