So there's this crazy gym in Toronto . . .

Options
With stripper poles, loud music, and, um, it's pink.

I look forward to getting my a** kicked there on a tri-weekly basis. The girly theme, and the fact it seems to be populated by twenty-year olds with butts that definitely do not need lifting does nothing to deter me. The instructors so far are top-notch and the classes are . . . hard. I have never been that challenged before in a group fitness class, and I love it. I feel like I am getting my money's worth when I'm hobbling around the next day. There have been points at which I actually wanted to cry, have stopped what I was doing and the instructor is right there saying, "don't stop! keep going!"

I love that! It makes getting out of bed at 10 am to sculpt booty to some inspid Britney Spears track totally worth it.

If anyone's interested in checking it out, it's called Flirty Girl Fitness. It's on Wellington, near Portland.

Replies

• filergirl
    Options

I look forward to getting my a** kicked there on a tri-weekly basis. The girly theme, and the fact it seems to be populated by twenty-year olds with butts that definitely do not need lifting does nothing to deter me. The instructors so far are top-notch and the classes are . . . hard. I have never been that challenged before in a group fitness class, and I love it. I feel like I am getting my money's worth when I'm hobbling around the next day. There have been points at which I actually wanted to cry, have stopped what I was doing and the instructor is right there saying, "don't stop! keep going!"

I love that! It makes getting out of bed at 10 am to sculpt booty to some inspid Britney Spears track totally worth it.

If anyone's interested in checking it out, it's called Flirty Girl Fitness. It's on Wellington, near Portland.
  • filergirl
    Options
    Sorry -- that should have read "getting out of bed for 10 a.m. on a Saturday." Saturday is my catch-up sleep day, as I generally can only get in 5 hours a night on weekdays. Those of you who have children are probably laughing at how spoiled I am. But i am unspoiled in other ways, really. :(
  • Jeromee429
    Options
    I'm so envious! I wish we had a place like that. From the way you describe it, it sounds like the people around you will be motivation enough, but combine that with the stripper poles and loud music and you'll feel more like you went clubbing than to the gym.

Just think: in no time, you will be one of the ones people are eying as motivation.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options

MeHughes-

Now I really want to move to Toronto!

I :heart: Toronto, pink girly-gyms: and your posts are hilarious! Thanks for the :laugh:

Cheryl
  • filergirl
    Options
    Dooon't do it! It's not worth it!!!! You will turn into a robot. You will wear Lululemon pants, UGG boots and carry a TNA bag, and give derisive looks to others whilst talking loudly on your cellphone.

All kidding aside, I'm not crazy about the place. It takes itself way too seriously. Like Torontonians think they invented capitalism or something. Geesh!