Body by Vi??

2»

Replies

• I'm on it currently and LOVE it. What people don't understand about the challenge is they think that all you put in your shake is the shake mix, which is only 90 calories. This explains why people think the shakes are so low in calories but you're supposed to ADD INGREDIENTS to them. There are recipes all over the internet for shakes! Shakes can range anywhere from 250-800 calories depending on what and how much you put in them. With ViSalus' new 90 money back guarantee, I'd recommend you try it. If you take the shakes like your kit tells you to and you still don't see results after 90 days, you get your money back!!! You have nothing to lose but the weight ;)
  • rachiech13
    rachiech13 Posts: 37 Member
    I have done these shakes for a while.
    They taste amazing, but in order to stay full you need to add some fruit or a tbsp of peanut butter etc. At least, I found that.
    I added ground chia seeds, as well. It does bring up the calories though, so just beware.

I think they are the best tasting shakes I've ever had, I've tried various protein powders that don't add up.
    It is expensive, though.

Try it out, buy one bag at a time, perhaps to gauge how you feel? Remember to snack in between with fresh fruit and veggies in order to stay full!
    Goodluck!
  • I used it for a little while. It's not worth the money. If you are wanting to do the program as-far-as two shakes a day, I would recommend getting protein power from walmart and using their recipes for the shakes. My husband also heard that it was a scam and the people I know who were selling it, aren't anymore. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    I read the ingredients on it and I would not use it because there are some things in there that I avoid. http://healthyfamiliesforgod.com/2011/12/more-ingredients-reveal-more-dangers-with-visalus-products/ **ETA just noticed this link is a religious website, but there is scientific data on there too.

However replacing a meal with a shake is not a bad thing to do, especially if it is breakfast because some people skip it due to lack of time (guilty!) and if you throw a bunch of healthy stuff in a blender and run out the door you have started your day better. I use vega products a lot of the time then add in a variety of different things like kale, spinach, frozen berries, almond milk, a banana, the options are endless. Vega One is expensive, but there is also a Vega Smoothie add in, also you can try something like Hemp protein powder too. Just have fun with it, smoothies are great!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    However you want to create a calorie deficit is on you, it's your money your wasting, and ****ty companies you're giving money to.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    I'm on it currently and LOVE it. What people don't understand about the challenge is they think that all you put in your shake is the shake mix, which is only 90 calories. This explains why people think the shakes are so low in calories but you're supposed to ADD INGREDIENTS to them. There are recipes all over the internet for shakes! Shakes can range anywhere from 250-800 calories depending on what and how much you put in them. With ViSalus' new 90 money back guarantee, I'd recommend you try it. If you take the shakes like your kit tells you to and you still don't see results after 90 days, you get your money back!!! You have nothing to lose but the weight ;)

If you're going to add a bunch of real food to a 90 calorie shake then why not eat some real food? For 250 calories I can have a decent breakfast and for 800 I can have a feast. What's in the magical 90 calorie powder that makes me want to spend $80 a bag for it?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    My sister in law sells the stuff, straight pyramid scheme, what your friend is trying to do is get you in to help them make money. From what I've read, you can get the same results using weight watchers for significantly cheaper.

You can also get the same results by following the mfp basic structure (for free) and eating smartly.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    I'm on it currently and LOVE it. What people don't understand about the challenge is they think that all you put in your shake is the shake mix, which is only 90 calories. This explains why people think the shakes are so low in calories but you're supposed to ADD INGREDIENTS to them. There are recipes all over the internet for shakes! Shakes can range anywhere from 250-800 calories depending on what and how much you put in them. With ViSalus' new 90 money back guarantee, I'd recommend you try it. If you take the shakes like your kit tells you to and you still don't see results after 90 days, you get your money back!!! You have nothing to lose but the weight ;)
    Vince from marketing is still waiting for your job app...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Has anyone every heard of or tried Body by Vi? I have a friend asking me to do a 90 day challenge. I just don't know if I can replace a meal with a shake. I know they have meals too depending on what you decide to do. I just wanted to get some feedback before I respond to her. Thanks!!
    I'm willing to bet that your friend who is so eager to have you try this "challenge" is a distributor and is going to sell you her "magical" product, right? I think she's more concerned with her own pocketbook than she is with your health. Body by Vi is another multi-level marketing scam like Beachbody, Advocare, etc.

If you really want to do meal replacement shakes, you can find superior products that are less expensive in your local grocery/nutrition store. Then again, as others have said, you can get better results by just eating sensibly and maintaining a caloric deficit (less calories in than out).
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Ohhhhh really...this sounds interesting....=P
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    IN

to learning more about this technology. Thank you all for sharing.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member

I'm horrified, absolutely horrified that someone would have an 800 calorie shake when I think about all the sushi and saki I could consume with that. 250 calories is like 2 eggs (one whole egg and one egg white) omlette with a heaping load of eggies (but we'll go with salsa to make it easy), a spattering of cheese, on a piece of whole grain toast with a great cup of coffee.

large egg: 70
    large egg white: 16
    2 TBSP salsa: 10
    1/8 cup shredded 2% cheddar: 40
    1/2 of a glutino english muffin: 80

Total: yummy 216 calorie breakfast (coffee with real creamer will take it up around 250, noms).

not to say that I don't do protein shakes, but they are a suppliment to my other foods not in place of my other foods. Yesterday I needed more protein but didn't have a great of influx planned so I added some powder to my yogurt, problem solved.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member

I think lots of people do this on their own with protein powder they bought a lot less expensively at Walmart.
  • MirinSerratus
    MirinSerratus Posts: 30 Member
    I have tried it and it really helped to jump start my weight loss. I stopped about a month ago and am still losing 1-2lbs per week =) I'd say give it a go... I had mine at lunch time so I didn't feel starved all day =)

Is your body a car with a dead battery?

unsuccessful troll was unsuccessful
  • My sister in law sells the stuff, straight pyramid scheme, what your friend is trying to do is get you in to help them make money. From what I've read, you can get the same results using weight watchers for significantly cheaper.

You can get the same results from MFP for even cheaper, lol

It is not a pyramid scheme it is a Network Marketing business...It is protein and Vitamins....They are tasty but if you have an intolerance to soy products then this is the wrong protein to use...More often then not distributors of Visalis are in the health and wellness field or found it that way...

I do not sell it nor do I use it any longer because I have an intolerance but when I did it tasted great and so far has been the best protein supplement I have ever tasted...good luck
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    [/quote]

It is not a pyramid scheme it is a Network Marketing business...[/quote]
    Which means...pyramid scheme by a different name because people get busted for pyramid schemes. I haven't done it but I don't see the point in it because I prefer to chew my food. That's just me. If you like expensive liquid then I say GO FOR IT!
  • Laurieann137
    Laurieann137 Posts: 95 Member
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I had never really been interested in doing this, but this person has always been so fit and seems happy so I thought maybe I should look into it. I lost 20lbs on weight watchers and then 13 here. I unfortunately have gained 10 back. I need to find a way to control my eating but from the sounds of it, it is not this way.

And for the person who barked at me to look this up on the forums...I don't always have time to look things up nor do I like the way it works when I do look things up (getting chunks of a conversation). So back off already! I teach middle school and I don't accept answers like that in my classroom!
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    I love it. I use it in the mornings in my oatmeal and then at lunch I have a shake and then a sensible dinner with two healthy snacks.