Today was the first day at the gym...

Options
AND..... I Love it! It is nothing how I thought it would be. No one is pointing fingers or whispering about you :laugh: They all are there to work out. I am in love with the elliptical, I think I could go for hours on that thing... Along with the treadmill. It is much easier running with that, than it is outside (on my ankles) Anyways I just needed to express my excitement :bigsmile: I think I will soon be addicted to the gym... If I'm not already!

Replies

• Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you!
  • Bobanji
    Bobanji Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great to hear! Its not as scary a place and so many people think. :)
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Would you feel vindicated if I came in and yelled "Squats or get the fck out cardio bunny!" ?

JK! ;)
  • Khiltbold
    Khiltbold Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am ready to go back right now :laugh: I just hope everyone who is not sure about it at least go and try it out. I hate working out at home.... So I figured I wouldn't like it at the gym, but actually I loved it! I felt very motivated being around people who are working out. It pushed me to go even harder. Even though I am not over weight (just out of shape) I thought people would judge me. But they didn't, everyone was super nice that I talked to.
  • Khiltbold
    Options
    Would you feel vindicated if I came in and yelled "Squats or get the fck out cardio bunny!" ?

JK! ;)

Bahahahahaha
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Good job! You know, I think a lot of people imagine that there is a lot of judgment at the gym, and everyone there looks like a professional bodybuilder. But it's not like that at my gym at all, and I imagine most gyms are not like that. Sure, there will be the occasional jerk, but most people are just average people of varying ages and physiques trying to get healthier.

(I must admit that today on the treadmill, I decided to jog in spurts, which I almost never do because I HATE running, but today, I jogged a few times, and I pretended I was racing the woman next to me.)
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you had such a good experience!
    (I must admit that today on the treadmill, I decided to jog in spurts, which I almost never do because I HATE running, but today, I jogged a few times, and I pretended I was racing the woman next to me.)

Yes, I pretend to race my neighbors on the treadmill. I also pretend I'm racing other bicycle commuters on my way to work, but only if I'm winning. But then, I'm a dork.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Happy for you!
  • davidep21
    davidep21 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Now make sure you get your butt there tomorrow!!!! :smile:
  • leon1982
    Options
    Keep it up!
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Wooot wooot! That's great to hear! :) I'm to the point where i could spend all my time in the gym.... I just love that place, lol. KEEP IT UPPP! :)
  • Khiltbold
    Options
    Good job! You know, I think a lot of people imagine that there is a lot of judgment at the gym, and everyone there looks like a professional bodybuilder. But it's not like that at my gym at all, and I imagine most gyms are not like that. Sure, there will be the occasional jerk, but most people are just average people of varying ages and physiques trying to get healthier.

p

That's awesome that you started jogging. I use to hate running, but it has been growing on me. I don't like running as much outside on my gravel dirt road... It is bad on my ankles for some reason, but at the gym I felt like I could run forever (not really bahaha) but it made a huge difference.
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats...and keep it up.
  • Khiltbold
    Options
    Thanks! :) How often do you go to the gym? Like how many days a week would you recommend?
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :) How often do you go to the gym? Like how many days a week would you recommend?

I had been going 6 days a week, but cut back to 5 last summer when I reached my goal weight and went into maintenance mode.

I feel a little weird recommending a specific minimum because everyone has different needs and goals, but I would say you can't go wrong with at least 3 times a week and then taking it from there. If nothing else try to rest 1 day a week to give your body a bit of recovery time, even if "rest" is just a light walk.
  • Khiltbold
    Options

I had been going 6 days a week, but cut back to 5 last summer when I reached my goal weight and went into maintenance mode.

I feel a little weird recommending a specific minimum because everyone has different needs and goals, but I would say you can't go wrong with at least 3 times a week and then taking it from there. If nothing else try to rest 1 day a week to give your body a bit of recovery time, even if "rest" is just a light walk.

Awesome!! Thanks. :)