Favorite TV Chef

sm1zzle
sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
At one time it would have been Emeril.. but it's Bobby Flay for me.

Who's yours ?

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    The Swedish Chef

bork bork bork
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Tommy Tang... for no other reason than he is such an oddball. He's like a cartoon character.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Guy Fieri is my all time favourite. I love this guy. Also, Alex Guarnaschelli, Cat Cora, Ina Garten - Barefoot contessa (OMG YUMMY FOOD) & Bobby Flay.
  • ^^ I find Ina a little dry but perhaps I haven't given her a fair chance??

The only channels on in our house tend to be Food Network or Cooking Channel, so I have no favorite particular chef HOWEVER Chopped is the staple show. It's impossible to watch 30 seconds of it without being like, 'awww shiiiiiiiiiit, have to see how this turns out!'.

Favorite TV chefs: Chopped contestants :)
  • samantha1242
    ^^ I find Ina a little dry but perhaps I haven't given her a fair chance??

The only channels on in our house tend to be Food Network or Cooking Channel, so I have no favorite particular chef HOWEVER Chopped is the staple show. It's impossible to watch 30 seconds of it without being like, 'awww shiiiiiiiiiit, have to see how this turns out!'.

Chopped is my favourite!

And yes, she is a little dry but her food is UNBELIEVABLE which is how she gets a top spot on my list :)
  • Gordon Ramsay is my favorite.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Ramsay-dude is hilarious and amazing at his craft.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Anthony Bourdain without a doubt. Sexy & smart *kitten*.
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Nigella Lawson or Jamie Oliver.. can't choose between them two.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Eric Ripert, Tom Colicchio, Ferran Adria, Julia Child.
  • ^^ I find Ina a little dry but perhaps I haven't given her a fair chance??

Chopped is my favourite!

And yes, she is a little dry but her food is UNBELIEVABLE which is how she gets a top spot on my list :)

Noted, next time I come across the show I won't switch to another channel!! Have you ever watched Pioneer Woman? I feel like it's the same tone (likely not the same type of food though).
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Rachael Ray.... she's fine as hell :)
  • samantha1242
    ^^ I find Ina a little dry but perhaps I haven't given her a fair chance??

Chopped is my favourite!

Noted, next time I come across the show I won't switch to another channel!! Have you ever watched Pioneer Woman? I feel like it's the same tone (likely not the same type of food though).

Yes and I agree same tone, funny enough I usually switch the channel on that one haha. If you like lasagna and want your world to be rocked you should try Ina's lasagna recipe, or her split pea soup, or her chicken noodle soup or her sundried tomato dip. You can't go wrong with her recipes. Its sinful.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Padma Lakshimi

00003f.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Alton Brown, a master.

alton-brown-300x239.jpg
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Ill have to say michael symon, tom collichio and gordon ramsay are probably my top 3...but there are so many amazing ones!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Guy Fieri

JM
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Raymond Blanc
    I also like the 'Two Greedy Italians' (Antonio Carluccio & Gennaro Contaldo)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    i like michael chiarello and rachael ray, jamie oliver i watch just to listen to him talk cause hes so darn cute.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Anne Burrell