The Passing of the Hat

Replies

• MKLAMAN
    MKLAMAN Posts: 84 Member
    Thank you very much Terry. I am honored to stand before you today as the recipient of the illustrious hat. It is said that hard work is its own reward - and I agree with this sentiment. Don't worry, I'm still going to accept the hat. In all seriousness...recognition by one's peers is a compliment that is rivaled only by recognition by extremely hot women. I would like to express my appreciation, however, not just for having the hat bestowed upon me, but for the hard work of everyone in The Royal Order...work that inspired me to stand before you today. We are only as good as those around us. I feel lucky to be surrounded by some of the most dedicated, hardworking, and hilarious guys I’ve ever met. When I found out about this award, I told my family first. My wife asked me what I was going to say today. I didn't have an answer. She kept asking, and I still didn't have a good answer. That is, until this evening. Guys, we are winning. Many of us have exceeded our weight loss goals. We are getting out and doing things. We are doing things we never dreamt possible. We can take pride in our success and feel for those who are struggling. But most of all, we can be happy. Happy to be part of life again, in good times and in bad. From now on when someone asks me how things are going at I will simply say, “Great. Things are going great!”
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Congratulations Mark. Wear it with pride. You have done a wonderful job. Love your example and encouragement. All Hail the Hat! :))))
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    All Hail Mark The Wearer of The Hailed Hat!
  • DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    Mark certainly deserves this honor! Congrats brother Mark and AHTH!
  • tazboy
    tazboy Posts: 81 Member
    all hail the hat!! all hail Mark!!

this is now taz 2 point ohh **** what does that scale read.!?!?!

back at er.. let's go
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    amazing work Mark! You do the hat proud.
  • MKLAMAN
    Here ye here ye! The time has come for the passing of the illustrious hat. I’m presenting the hat to a top notch, stand-up guy. Who is it that is receiving such an honor? Let me first describe him to you:

Don’t ever mistake this guy’s smile and professional body language- he could kill you with one punch to the throat.

This man has seen it all, he could NEVER be grossed out.

Words of encouragement and wisdom flow like a fountain from his mouth on a daily basis.

After dropping 130 pounds, his call light exploded from all his female patients begging for a sponge bath.

Gentlemen, I proudly bequeath the illustrious hat to none other than Jim “The Traumatizer” Leonard – (JimLeonardRN). Jim you are truly worthy of this honor. I have no doubt you will do the order proud. Thanks for all you do Jim as I’m sure your patients thank you for all the gross **** you have to do every day at work.

MKLAMAN
  • vtmoon
    Congrats Jim!

AHTH!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Congrats Jim for Mark has made a wise choice indead. AHTH
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Thank you one and all! I will strive to honor The Hat and all it stands for.
  • TheRoyalOrder
    TheRoyalOrder Posts: 18 Member
    Dear Brothers, it is time for the passing of The Hat! I have selected Mike (MJKPE) as the new hat holder. His tireless pursuit of a low sodium life is a true inspiration for us all. I have in the past deemed him MPOS (My Pillar of Salt) for his high sodium levels in his diet. But, of late his sodium levels have been something to see in their lowness. Also, he is the grandfather of the newest Princess to grace the village that we all hold dear. We look to Mike to show her the ways of clean eating and proper exercise. Mike is a man of mystery and sure to have a glowing future. Please brothers, I beseech you, show Mike the love that he deserves as the new bearer of The Hat. All Hail, Mike (MJKPE)! All Hail The Hat! - JimLeonardRN
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Congrats to Brother Mike. Wear the hat proud and choose the next recipient wisely. AHTH.
  • vtmoon
    All Hail Mike the wearer of the Hat!
  • IamD1
    IamD1 Posts: 26 Member
    AHTH! Funny yet enlightening!

Looking forward to any and all inspiration!

Glad I joined this cunning, colorful, collective capacious, and charismatic collaborative!
  • Railr0aderTony
    All Hail Jim for a Wonderful Choice, All Hail Brother Mike, All Hail The Hat
  • gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    AHTH!
  • MKLAMAN
    All Hail Mike! All Hail the Hat!
  • furfax
    furfax Posts: 3 Member
    35 pounds lost and holding against a plateau for about 2 weeks now.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Ahth! Just Because.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Brother MJkPE (Mike) has posted via the Royal order profile the following:
    Here Ye, Here Ye! After a deep coma like slumber I have awoke and agree with the members and have passed on The Hat. All Rise! Brothers, it gives me great honor and pleasure to present you a great man who is indeed worthy to carry on. Please join me in saluting the new Hat Holder "curtnrod"! Hip Hip Hooray!

All Hail Brother Mike and his wisdom and great choice.
    All Hail Brorther Sam new Holder of the Hat
    All Hail the Hat.