"No Exuses" wii motivate thread

Hi guys,

Thought I would try and revive this thread, since ive been absent for a while. Its a thread to help keep us motivated and support each other. The idea is to post your exercise and calories (if you keep track), doesnt matter the exercise but originally this thread was formed on Biggest Loser website for the Wii, hence where the" Wii " motivate came from
So her goes the start of my journey again

This morning 30 mins of Zumba on the wii followed by 15 mins yoga 308 cals.

Planning to build my calorie burn up to 600 in the next 2 weeks, usually start at 600 for my goal but end up so sore I lose the motivation so Ill build up this time :)

Replies

• Zumba 25 mins 168cals

Treadmill jog/walk intervals 15 mins 188 cals

356 cals today

Off for a walk down the street now, and off to ride the horse tonight.
  • Had a day off wednesday. Yesterday i walked up mt canniable, 380 cals then went out to ride the horse

Feeling vert lonely here!!!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I have used the Wii everyday since we got back from the holidays, but today I only did my Biggest Loser challenge and weigh in, with the cool down that was probably about 15 minutes. My knees are bothering me, so I decided to give it a rest for today. I did stretch and swing my arms around a bit, but no Wii... Now you have me thinking if maybe I could bring a kitchen chair over and do some of the resort games...
  • Yay some company :)

Thats the spirit, a chair and resort games. THis is where the no excuses come in. YOu have a leg injury and you are thinking of ways to still exercise you upper body!! Fantastic, now you've motivated me!!
  • concordancia
    Biggest Loser "moderate" for 30, followed by thirty minutes of Wii fit marching, hung fu and hooping. I really wish there were longer routines for the first two, the hula hooping just isn't all that interesting after the first few times and I have a real hula hoop that I can through. Up in the air for arms! I don't have a real marching band.
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    I dont have the wii biggest loser but I do use the wii fit plus daily, can i use that?

In the week I do 10 mins of free step and 20 mjins jogging, this is normally 158 calories,
    at the weekend I do 30 mins free step and 30 mins jogging, plus some muscle exercises, normalloy comes in around 250 calories.

I only got it at xmas but I have been losing 1lb each week since then
  • concordancia
    MOVING is all that counts here!

I'm not that impressed with Biggest Loser, as it only has a workout for three days a week. I do sweat though, and there is always an exercise I can't do and usually one that I can do fine, but the motions don't register, so I don't get credit.
  • Great to see some activity in here!!!

Doesnt matter the exercise, wether you use the wii or not, could be anything from walking your dog to running a marathon as concorfancia wrote " Moving is all that counts here"

Yesterday I had cleaning jobs on so didnt get round to my actual exercise, but they were big jobs and very physical. Rode my horse for an hour afterwards, and since it was my first decent ride in 3 weeks as his been a bit sore, I definatly worked hard. Off to ride again this morning and our endurance training starts again, for the horse and me. We have a 40km training day on the 17th feb , so we need to both be fit for that, cant wait until we get back into the big 80km rides plus ( bet my horse can though lol). After riding planning on climbing mount canniable again.

Have a good day everyone , and keep up the good work :)
  • concordancia
    20 minutes Zumba this morning, trying to work up the motivation for something more. It is raining, so we are stuck inside today. But we have a board game night planned, so I need to get it in by mid afternoon.
  • Pandy1962
    Just finished my hour on the wii, 284 calories burned going by the calculator on there.

Lost 1lb at my weigh in this morning as well so today is a good day . :-)
  • I've been playing Just Dance 4 with the kids. Not sure how many carlories, but we play for over a half an hour. It is good because they ask me to play everynight now.
  • Today I finished my first week of the EA Sports Active 2 9 week challenge. It says I burned 250 calories in 30 minutes, but I feel like I burned more. I want to get a HRM so that I track calories burned accurately. I got the Wii for Christmas, and I love it.
  • I also have the Just Dance 4, and it has the workouts, Just Sweat, and I love those as well. They are so much fun and my 3 year old loves dancing along with me.
  • concordancia
    We ended up taking a hike, but I wore my five fingers and now I have blisters. I hope I can Wii tomorrow!
  • concordancia
    BL lower body workout...owy with the blisters:(
  • Pandy1962
    another hour on wii fit plus another 287 calories burned. Loving my wii fit.
  • concordancia
    If anyone needs to get their heart rate up without being on their feet, Wii Resorts cycling and canoeing definitely do the trick!
  • EA more sports is a great game to get for wii. I use it everyday. You can create your own workouts and choose from upper body, lower body, yoga, strength training and my favorite cardio boxing. I do about an hour or so and burn tons of calories. I have lost 6 lbs in 11 days. Good Luck!
  • concordancia
    EA more sports is a great game to get for wii. I use it everyday. You can create your own workouts and choose from upper body, lower body, yoga, strength training and my favorite cardio boxing. I do about an hour or so and burn tons of calories. I have lost 6 lbs in 11 days. Good Luck!

Do you need the leg strap for this? I already picked it up used at GameStop, but I haven't tried it yet - BL, Zumba, Wii Fit Plus and the original Sports are keeping me entertained so far, so I am saving that for when I get bored ;)
  • Hi everyone,

Yesterday I put on EA active, been a while since i done it. And boy are the muscles sore today lol, at least I know i worked them, finished with a 10 minute jog on the treadmill, all up 320 cals.

Today im going to give my official exercise a miss. I have no kids and no time restraints which doesnt happen often. I have been busy tearing around the house getting it clean, even ran the carpet steam cleaner over. Now i am ready to head out to my horse for a good long ride. 29 degrees here so perfect day to go up the bush and do some good endurance miles

Hope you all have as good a day as I plan to, Hopefully Monte is in a good sensiable mood!!