Teachers and the like

How are you getting on here to track when you have very limited access to the internet during the day? Are you pre-planning and pre-tracking your meals? Should I have a limited number of go-to meals to make this easier. Perhaps I need a crash courbe se in organization and maybe even meal planning. Help!

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    I teach. I eat breakfast and work out at home and log that in the morning. I eat snack with the kids at Snack Time, and eat lunch on my break, and try to make good choices. I've figured out which menu items are best for me at the different places I go for lunch, or if I have time I pack my own lunch from home But I don't log it right then. When I get home, I hop on here and log my lunch and snack. Then I see what I have left over for dinner.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    on my phone..
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    I'm a teacher. I pre-plan my days.

My nightly routine includes deciding what I want the next day, pre-logging everything into MFP, and then packing my food up before bed. After dinner, I make sure I don't need to make any edits to my log and then I complete the entry.
  • Phone app.
  • TallyGal97
    TallyGal97 Posts: 80 Member
    Phone app
  • SnazzyPeg
    SnazzyPeg Posts: 33 Member
    I find that I am most successful when I plan my meals ahead, especially if I am cooking a new recipe. It's easy to tweak if I need to. When I am not teaching, I am also constantly checking on my phone too. I couldn't do this without it!
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    I am a tutor, but my days are very hectic - always running from place to place. I log breakfast from home, toss a piece of fruit in my bag for a snack, and bring my lunch (I log all that). I estimate any other calories and log them before dinner. On days when I run out of calories (usually I'm within 200 of where I want to be), I force myself to workout to a yoga or ballet bar DVD, or to lift weights to earn back enough calories so I can eat a decent dinner!

Feel free to add me! I need more friends on here!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Well..there's always just jotting things down on a piece of paper....old school but effective.
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Phone ap. And realistically, it only takes moments to log your meal. Normally just a couple minutes if that. You could do that in between classes.
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Phone app...which is free! You can scan foods in by the bar code and log during the day. I plan as much as I can, but that doesn't always work out, and I don't always log ahead of time. Good luck! GO TEACHERS!!!!! :drinker:
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    My wife's a teacher and the school has clamped down on personal internet use and smartphones...it just takes a few lazy's to spoil it for the rest. So, she emails me her day and log it in for her. She's doing great.
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    I track a few of my consistent meals/ drinks on my ipod right when I am trying to wake up in the a.m. That way I have already logged in for the day! I am always busy during school so I when I get home from work, I grab my ipod and enter whatever I ate at work. Once I see where I stand for the day... I decide what I will do for exercise and what I will have for dinner if I didn't pre plan my meal. It's not terribly organized, but it's worked for me and I've been able to track pretty well for 115 days now! Regular logging has helped me to realize what a serving size really is, so it is way easier when I snack at work or didn't have time to pack a lunch :-) Good luck with your logging!
  • anewallee
    anewallee Posts: 12 Member
    I log in my breakfast before school I also have the app on my phone. The scanner has made it easy to input lunch and snacks. MFP also allows you to create meals. If you eat the same things daily/weekly, this will help greatly. One click adds all of the items in your meal simultaneously.
  • Maelay
    Maelay Posts: 25 Member
    I use the phone app as well, but if I'm too busy during lunch, I just record it later. My,lunches are always the same, so it's pretty reliable how many calories I eat.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    My wife's a teacher and the school has clamped down on personal internet use and smartphones...it just takes a few lazy's to spoil it for the rest. So, she emails me her day and log it in for her. She's doing great.

Good husband
  • myJOF
    myJOF Posts: 26

Good husband

Exactly!
  • myJOF
    myJOF Posts: 26
    Thanks for the great suggestions. I think I am going to have to buckle down and preplan my days.
  • janatleigh
    janatleigh Posts: 33 Member
    I'm a teacher, and the thing that makes it easiest is that I eat virtually the same breakfast, lunch, and snacks every day, so I know I have enough calories in my "budget" for them. When I get home, I track my food.
  • TracyBarrett81
    TracyBarrett81 Posts: 24 Member
    I pre plan my work day as soon as I get to school. Then I can make changes at night.
  • I use the phone app and log my breakfast, lunch and snack after I pack it the night before, or I log when I get home from work.