I'm actually crying as I write this

Hi MFP Family!!!!

This may seem silly, but then again considering the love and support I feel from my MFP friends and knowing that we are all aiming for the same goal maybe it won't seem so silly. When I started MFP 16 days ago I immediately gained a pound and since then gained two more. I was definitely getting discouraged and a little depressed, but I didn't give up. I took a LOT of suggestions, most notably the suggestion to up my caloric intake. I have done that and I got on the scale yesterday it was the first that I saw the scale go down, it went down 1 pound. I got back on first thing this morning and YAY, another pound down. I know it's only two pounds and I still have another pound to go before I even get to where I was when I started this journy 2 weeks ago, but I finally feel like I am moving in the right direction. I am so happy right now. I can't wait to hit my first 5 pounds. 223 here I come. I guess I'm just an emotional baby, I can't believe I actually cried over two pounds. Thank you to everyone (most notably Cheryl) that convinced me to up my calories. I feel great today!!!Well I'm off to get ready for Double Step Class!!!!

Replies

• weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    That's great, and don't feel like "an emotional baby"! It's VERY exciting when you finally see the scale move down. Keep it up, and remember it's a slow process, but that just reinforces that it's going to stay off that much easier!

Way to go, keep it up!!!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Congratulations!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: You're not an emotional baby, when I finally got under 200lbs I cried for about an hour.
  • Thanks guys...reading your posts of encourgment made the tears start all over again...lol. So nice to have tears of joy when it comes to my weight.
  • msonia11
    msonia11 Posts: 38
    OMG!! GREAT WORK!!! I couldn't be happier for you. Trust me, two pounds equals 7000 calories burned--that's a LOT of calories. Keep it up!! Your MFP family is here 100% to support you.
  • Congrats.. and I cry all the time.. I'm down 56.8 lbs.. I cry about every 5-10 lbs of sheer joy.. I know in 12.2 lbs I'm going to have an emotional heart attack, when I see 199 on the scale.. which will be a 70lb loss, and myticket to ONEderland! lol.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Congratulations :flowerforyou:

I do understand. It's hard work doing this and the first steps are the hardest, when you finally see things happening it feels like it's going to be real. I wish you all the best with your journey and every success xxx

Mel :smile:

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    I have learned you cannot measure your success by day or weeks but rather over a long period of time. You have a considerable about of weight to loose......think of it as a journey or like a second job. I am approaching normal weight and I feel sooo much better . You can do this!!! Everypound lost is one that is not gained.
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Congrats to you!

Weight loss is an emotional journey. I never knew it would be like this.

There were days I'd be working my booty off at the gym and through the sweat, tears would just begin to POUR. I'd think to myself, "I'm doing this! I'm actually doing this!!"
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    I am so glad you didn't give up! Now keep those same feelings in mind throughout your whole journey. You can do it! Don't ever give up!
  • Marie45
    Marie45 Posts: 21 Member
    Congratulations!

:smile:
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    awww, hey, thats GREAT! You go ahead and cry! They're happy tears and you can never cry too many happy tears!
  • sbrwn
    sbrwn Posts: 3 Member
    Congrats on the loss! I think it's very inspirational to see the little 'tickers' on here that show lbs lost and lbs to go, it's a great motivation.
  • justesje
    justesje Posts: 37 Member
    I am really proud of you. When I first started working out I put on weight too and my MFP family gave me some brilliant advice and I too am seeing the difference now, even on the scale too. So THANK YOU MFP peeps. Keep at it hun. Don't give up. Me and plenty others are here to encourage you. Remember to not just rely on the scale though. My measurements were changing, so measure too. Keep your head up. Mwah xoxo
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
    I knew you could turn that thing around!!!! KEEP IT UP. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Congratulations! :flowerforyou: One baby pound at a time means you will keep it off. Today is another new day. I love mfp as it helps me see the good food from junk food. I realize the nutritional counts here are not perfect but it's a good guideline. I want to eat the food with good nutrients and stay away from food with empty calories thats full of carb, fat and sugar.
    To those who are into serious work outs: do you know that you can gain weight , up to 2 lbs the day after your big work out as your muscle could swell a day later. This was told by Dr. Oz only from the show earlier this week. I find this very encouraging.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    You're doing great!
    Everyone has to start somewhere & if you can lose 2, you can lose as many as you need!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Keep it up!
  • melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Well done! that's brilliant news! xxx
  • Kalamitykate
    Kalamitykate Posts: 34 Member
    Sweetrevenge, You're not silly at all. It takes a few weeks to get the hang of things and have your body start to adjust. That breakthrough moment where you realize this does work, and it works for ME is huge. Keep doing what you're doing :happy:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    We all understand your struggles. It's disheartening when the scale seems to be moving in the wrong direction. I've been through many ups and downs in this journey but the point is I did it and so will you. Congratulations on your success.
  • I am really proud of you. When I first started working out I put on weight too and my MFP family gave me some brilliant advice and I too am seeing the difference now, even on the scale too. So THANK YOU MFP peeps. Keep at it hun. Don't give up. Me and plenty others are here to encourage you. Remember to not just rely on the scale though. My measurements were changing, so measure too. Keep your head up. Mwah xoxo

You know, your absolutely right because with just 1 pound of weight loss I am noticing a difference in a some of my clothes and my boyfriend has been noticing for days that my butt is shrinking. I'm too happy about that (nor is he, though he will never admit it) but I figure I will just focus on the weight loss for right now and start adding lunges and squats to get the butt on point. I did measure myself 2 weeks ago, I think I will do it again today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!