Introduce Yourself!

Replies

• sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Hey, you didn't let it turn into a daylong binge! Thats important. Keeping under 800 cal is really great. Just stay in your regular rotation and you'll probably be fine.

Keep it up and good luck,
    Susan

thanks! That makes me feel better, I was bound to slip 1 day :flowerforyou:
  • cici52
    cici52 Posts: 34 Member
    Sichi, lools like you are doing great. There is another JUDDD forum at http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/ that is very informative and supportive. More activity than here. A lot of them do what they call a mid day from time to time without it hurting their weight loss.

Keep up the good work.
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Hi, I'm Chrissy. Decided to give JUDDD another shot after half-hearted attempts all year to lose weight. I did JUDDD for about 20-days in May of this year and lost 12-lbs during that time. Not bad, huh!

Well, I'm ready to get back on track and I plan to give it a real shot this time. Yesterday was my first DD and I did great with a 407. Today, seems to be a bit harder as I try to eat healthy but eat up to my UD calories. Had pancakes for breakfast so I'm feeling I definitely need something green for lunch!!!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    WB. I know you can do it...

Yum on the pancakes.
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member

Yum on the pancakes.

Thank you m'am! I know I wasn't suppose to weigh myself yet (esp following an UD) but I'm couldn't help myself. Lost 1 lb following an UD; how awesome is that?? :smile:
  • kel7298

Yum on the pancakes.

Thank you m'am! I know I wasn't suppose to weigh myself yet (esp following an UD) but I'm couldn't help myself. Lost 1 lb following an UD; how awesome is that?? :smile:

That is majorly awesome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Hello everybody on JUDDD. I have lost 16lbs in 16 weeks on 600/1200 but have hit a plateeau at 181lbs for 2 weeks now. Any suggestions? Can't exercise, only light housework and shopping trips as have bad back & thyroid probs.Should I increase my UD cals?:brokenheart:
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Hello everybody on JUDDD. I have lost 16lbs in 16 weeks on 600/1200 but have hit a plateeau at 181lbs for 2 weeks now. Any suggestions? Can't exercise, only light housework and shopping trips as have bad back & thyroid probs.Should I increase my UD cals?:brokenheart:

I think your UD calories may be too low. Have you figured them out on Dr. Johnson's website? I weigh right around what you do and am eating around 1900 on UDs and 500 on DDs. I also have a bad back (congenital fusion) and I'm hypothyroid.

ETA: I just saw your age, and the 1200 may be right for you, though I'd suggest double checking with the calculator on Dr. Johnson's site.
  • Shakesy90
    Shakesy90 Posts: 13 Member
    Hey, i started JUDD at the beginning of this month. I've read so far that most people here try to eat 1200calories on their up days?! Or did i read wrong? Because that would ultimately destroy the affect of the diet would it not? :P

Anyway, I lost around 2 pounds from this diet so far and am very happy with it. I need to just get my chocolate consumption under control :D
  • Keiras_Mom
    You should go by the calculator on Dr. Johnson's website. If you go too low on UDs, you could stall. Welcome!
  • Trying JUDDD for the first time today...

Hi. My name is Christina.. I am hoping this plan will be the answer to my weight loss dilema.. wish me luck!
    would love to make some friends..
    :flowerforyou:
  • kel7298
    Good luck Christina!

Place for great info...

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/
  • Hi All,

I am 37 years old, female, 5.5 in height and weigh 157lbs. My target weight is 116. I started the Alternative Day Diet on the 1st January 2013. At my last weigh in I had lost 4lbs - in ten days - so I am very happy. I hope to keep it up. I am eating 20% of my calories on the down days (350Kcal) and whatever I want on my up days. I use the food diary on this site to plan my meals for the down days and I find it great.

Olly
  • hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
    Hi,

Dabbled a little before Xmas but started properly last Monday. Did Mon/Wed/Fri on 500 cals. Tuesday and Thursday were up days but tried to keep it healthy and ended up eating around 800 cals on those days. Ate 1800 yesterday (up day). I'm not really sure how much I should be eating on an up day - have seen mention of Dr Johnson's calculator, could someone let me have the website add so that I can check it out? Think this is something I can do quite easily but want to make sure that I'm doing it right. (am 5' tall, 42 and weigh 140lbs). Thanks in advance
  • Hi Folks

Also JUDDIng after doing SW for 3 months. Lost 2.5 lb this week.
  • dtban
    dtban Posts: 111 Member
    Hi:

I am considering this but am still confused as to how to go about it. Do you feel like you are starving on your down days? I can't figure out what kinds of food I can eat that would keep me full during the day so I can make it through that would be under 500 calories all day. Also, how do you know when to take an up day or a down day is there a schedule?

thanks
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Hi,

>Do you feel like you are starving on your down days?

No, a little hungry, but certainly manageable for one day.

> I can't figure out what kinds of food I can eat that would keep me full during the day so I can make it through that would be under 500 calories all day.

I'm doing 3 meal replacement shakes, 2 Slim fast low carb and an EAS AdvantEdge one and a lot of water/diet soda/iced tea/coffee. But you could also eat real food - stuff like vegetables/salads should work fine. I had a whole can of mushrooms the other day and it was like 40 cals. Have something _before_ you are starving and it helps. And protein seems to help keep the hunger away.

>Also, how do you know when to take an up day or a down day is there a schedule?

Basically you just alternate. If you are eating today - then tomorrow you don't. Wash, rinse, repeat. If you need to interrupt a down day - then the next day is a down day. The key being the average of 2 or more days. I eat 3000 cals one day and 500 the next - so 1750 average.

I think some people also do mon/wed/fri down days to keep the weekends easier to manage.

Hope this helps.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Welcome new JUDDDers! dtban, JUDDDing has given you good advice. You pretty much just need to experiment to find out what keeps you satisfied on DDs. I like a combination of bulk/protein -- a nice salad with tuna for example. Some do best with smaller amounts but higher fat. We're all unique. Hot liquids also trick me into thinking I've eaten: broth, tea, coffee, etc. Spicy foods work well for me too.
  • dtban
    dtban Posts: 111 Member
    Thanks for the information....it was exactly what I was looking for...good answers :-)...just one more question....is this healthy?