Join the Christmas Fitness Challenge!

NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Hey everyone! Let's keep up with our exercise with a new challenge through Christmas. Set your own personal fitness goals and check-in here daily to let us know what you've done!

My new goals are:
30 min cardio at least 6x/week
strength & conditioning at least 4x/week

I know, I know. I couldn't even keep up to the 3x/week strength & conditioning I wanted to do the last challenge - I'm going to try REALLY hard to get something going here. I have to wear a 'sexy' dress to a party on the 8th so I really want to focus on my arms and shoulders for the next few weeeks at least. Hold me accountable, PLEASE?!?

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    Hey everyone! Let's keep up with our exercise with a new challenge through Christmas. Set your own personal fitness goals and check-in here daily to let us know what you've done!

My new goals are:
    30 min cardio at least 6x/week
    strength & conditioning at least 4x/week

I know, I know. I couldn't even keep up to the 3x/week strength & conditioning I wanted to do the last challenge - I'm going to try REALLY hard to get something going here. I have to wear a 'sexy' dress to a party on the 8th so I really want to focus on my arms and shoulders for the next few weeeks at least. Hold me accountable, PLEASE?!?

Niccole
  • Euhhhh well :grumble: just the exercising challenge I didn't do yet! here and there when I overeat a bit I'll go on my treadmill and workout an hour or less:embarassed: !

Oh maybe it's a motivation for me to move my big *kitten* to the gym! ok I'll try this!

I'm 152pounds I want to be 148 by the 21 of december small goal! I will challenge my lazy me to the gym at least 3 days a week... 30 minutes cardio and 45 minutes muscles! that's the best I can promise :ohwell: I will let you know by Monday if I started or not!

Thanks
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I'm in.
    My goal for exercise
    45 min to 1 hour cardio 5 days a week-each day adjusting incline or speed up
    45 weights
    I will also do every other Saturday a swimming 1 hour day.
    So 5 days one week and 6 days the next
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Right now I'm doing 4 days cardio x45min.-1hr and two days 20 minutes muscle and calisthetics.

New goal:

5 days a week cardio x45min.-1 hour
    3 days a week 20minutes muscle and calisthetics

we'll see....

So now what do we do? Do I just go into my topics every week and post what i did over the last seven days?
  • NTBoard
    So now what do we do? Do I just go into my topics every week and post what i did over the last seven days?

Deanea ~ Here on the Fitness & Exercise Board I will post a daily thread for you to check in to let us know how you did the day before (or some people post how they did that day). If you didn't do anything you don't have to check in or you can just to say hi... You can peek back at the daily check-ins for the Thanksgiving Challenge if you want to see the kind of things people checked in with.

Anyway, looks like we have some new people this time around - Welcome!
    I'll *see* you all tomorrow!
    Niccole
  • yuna2003
    yuna2003 Posts: 35 Member
    ok Dokey .. :explode: ...I'm in:bigsmile:

I weigh 220lbs....im 21 and my height is 5'4

my goal is to do cardio 30 min 6 times a week and
    weights a minnimum of 15 minutes also 6 times a week
    :tongue: Hope i can do this .. Good Luck Everyone!!!:drinker:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I'm in again! My goal is a 4 lbs loss by Christmas.
    My challenge is to:
    4 X hard cardio
    3 X strength
    2 X mellow cardio
    1 X yoga
    My other challenge is on yoga day to just do yoga. I my hardest challenge is overeating, so I've been exercising so hard to make up the calories.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Oh, I love the "hard" and "mellow" cardio! I think that's what I've been doing, now I know what to call it.

So,
    3 hard cardio
    3 strength
    2 dance (mellow cardio)
    2 yoga

I would also like to be able to up my weights for strength training to 10-15 pounds, up from my current 8. I'm trying to lower my body fat percentage, and try not to worry about my weight number. (my goal weight keeps getting lower, but I think what I need to do is add muscle)
  • I am going home soon and I am not registered with any gym there so I will try to keep to:

30 mins jogging/ speed-walking 5 times a week. (the most days that I will cut from this is 2, so a minimum of 3 days exercise)

I will also squeeze in Taebo twice a week.

My birthday is on Christmas day, so....gotta look fly!:wink:
  • yuna2003
    yuna2003 Posts: 35 Member
    ok Good Morning Everyone!! its 8:42 Am the morning is fresh and crisp and...im going for walk now!!!
    I'll let you know tonght if i was able to keep my Fitness scheduale :bigsmile: bye now Good Luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • saralind21
    saralind21 Posts: 29 Member
    I AM SO IN!! I am going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 3 days after Christmas so I really need to get in shape!
    My Goal is to lose 10 pounds in a month (2 pounds a week)

Here is my plan:
    -5 x/week: 45-60 min cardio (cycling, elliptical, treadmill, jogging, ice skating, snowboarding or w/o DVD)
    -3 x/week: strength (arms and legs)
    -Every day: sit-ups and stretching

I am seriously going to post every day, even if no one else does! I'll help keep you all accountable of you will help me!

We can do this!! :happy:
  • Did I say I let you know by Monday how I'm doing??? oh well! it's Saturday and I did one hour walking on my treadmil... it said calories lost 360! I don't know if it's true or not!

But I'm happy!
  • saralind21
    Yesterday I took a 45 min walk but today (25th) didn't do anything.
    I gotta start doing those sit ups every day!
  • o.k. i'm in too...just found this site and I have lots of work to do. Its so easy not to be accountable, but i need a swift kick in the caboose!

cardio: 30min 5 days per wk
  • saralind21
    I did my sit ups today (45) and I went for a 20 minute walk
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Hi guys. For those that just joined the fitness challenge - it's updated every day. It's called the fitness challenge check in followed by the date. Please join us over there!
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    ok I am 21 and 5'3' and I weigh 161. I want to be 155 by Christmas. I am pretty good about going to the gym 3x a week so I dont have to worry about that. But I would like to be able to go from running on the treadmill for 15 min to 20 min by Christmas.