"No Exuses" wii motivate thread

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Today was a Biggest Loser day and I have dance classes tonight...swingin' the night away!
  • concordancia
    I had trouble getting moving this morning, so I only got in 45 minutes: 18 of yoga, the rest in aerobics. Hopefully, I will get some Zumba tonight.
  • concordancia
    Zumba would make me warm...but I would just have to stop to make dinner when he gets home with the groceries...it would make me smile...but I would have to start peeling off layers...
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    I use the Wii My Fitness Coach program 6 mornings a week 30 minutes Tuesday through Friday and 60 minutes each on Satirday and Sunday. I find it gives a great all around workout program and you can adjust to your conditioning level and set target areas to work on. Concordancia told me about this thread and I am looking for to joining in the discussions here. I have been using the Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach programs for several years and myfitnesspal.com for several days and just kind of feeling my way here.

So, this week:

Monday: rest day

Tuesday: 30 minutes lower body workout (mix of cardi, upper body, lower body and yoga)

Wednesday: 30 minutes flexibility workout (mix of cardi, upper body and 15 minutes of yoga)

Thursday: 30 minutes cardio workout (20 minutes of cardio, 5 minutes plie squats with upper body exercises and weights, 5 minutes of core and a cool down of streches)
  • concordancia
    Welcome, but we seem to have lost a few participants.

Today was a BL challenge (I won!). Later in the morning, I finally got back on and did 50 minutes of the most intense aerobics.
  • JonathanBB
    Ah. Sorry. Don't have the BL program. Also work 12 hours a day so exercise time is limited. I guess when it comes to the challenges I will be the biggest loser.
  • concordancia
    Not necessary - we are all doing different things...I am pretty sure the horseback riding doesn't even include the Wii!

Also, I wouldn't even recommend the BL, as there are a lot of motion capture issues.
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Did my 30 minutes every day this week (apart from Wednesday, my day of rest). Getting ready for my 1 hour sessions this weekend, Not sure if I have lost this week as I am feeling bloated etc ( TOM) will see when I step on the scales tomorrow.
  • JonathanBB
    Wow. great work. Keep it up. I did my 30 minutes every day this week as well and will do 2 1 hour workouts this weekend. Keep up the exercise and eating right and toning and weight loss will follow.
  • concordancia
    Everyone is doing great. I did a core workout this morning, but today will be a rest day, relatively speaking...one of my blisters still hasn't completely healed and I was hoping to go for another walk this weekend!
  • Gi guys, Wealcome to the new faces :)

Sounds like everyone is going great guns!

Sorry been absent for a couple of days. Been flat out with getting horses massaged and saddle fits done. I only have one horse, but sometimes i feel i have 2. I help my friend out , she needed her boy massaged and saddle done and as she as at work i have to bring her horse up,(not that i mind) . Good exercise as the horses are at the bottom of a great big hill. Massagist was there for 3.5 hrs and then the saddle fitter for nearly 4!! She had lots of agustments to do. Then by the time i clean paddocks and ride the day is gone.

I walked up mount canniable on wednesday but just rode horse yesterday. Today i have a ride on with the trail riding club which is 4 hrs, and we ride out at 5pm so hoping to walk up mount canniable before hand

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • I'm glad that @mazclack told me about this thread. Tomorrow I'll dust off the Wii - I haven't used it in a while...

Regardless, I did a 14 minute run and 30 minutes of calisthenics for a total burn of 705 calories.
  • JonathanBB
    How accurate is the Wii My Fitness Coach calories burned count? I use 5 lb. hand weights when Maya uses no weights and 10 lb. hand weights when she uses her hand weights and stretch on the 15 second rest segments between exercises. I'll be dripping sweat and the claories burned after 30 minutes will be 100 or 95 or 69 or some other similar number that seems ridiculously (sp?) low.
  • How accurate is the Wii My Fitness Coach calories burned count? I use 5 lb. hand weights when Maya uses no weights and 10 lb. hand weights when she uses her hand weights and stretch on the 15 second rest segments between exercises. I'll be dripping sweat and the claories burned after 30 minutes will be 100 or 95 or 69 or some other similar number that seems ridiculously (sp?) low.

Calories burned is always an estimate and will vary from each products calculation. To get a more accurate number, you'll need to use a HRM.
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    well I was right I didn't lose anyhting this week but on the positive side I didn't gain either, to borrow a Tammy Wynette line sometimes it hard to be a woman, especially at certain times of the month. LOL

Just done my hour work out today, hubby always comes in and watches me and chats which is fine, think he will want to have a go on my wii fit soon he keeps asking me vaious questions about it.
  • concordancia
    Planning a hike for today - it may be the first time in a month that the Wii doesn't get used at all, since my partner is watching TV right now.
  • concordancia
    Looks like we will be sailing all day tomorrow, so no dedicated workout. I wonder if that is in the database?
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Just did 40 mins on my Wii fit- 8 mins of rythem boxing, 30 mins of Free step, and 2 mins of yoga.
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    45 minutes on the wii tomorrow (calorie goal is 230) just bumped up from 190 last week.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Today I finished my first week of the EA Sports Active 2 9 week challenge. It says I burned 250 calories in 30 minutes, but I feel like I burned more. I want to get a HRM so that I track calories burned accurately. I got the Wii for Christmas, and I love it.

I use the EA Sports Active 2 as well and 2 wks ago finally got a HRM and I burned 328 calories in 30 mins versus the 'games' calorie burn listed at 238 calories, so you are probably burning more calories than it says for sure. My kids got the Wii for Christmas and MOM loves it more than they do :)