Pumpkin Muffins

buckeyegirl0103
buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
I just made the Pumpkin Muffins that were on the thread Grab and Go breakfast- absolutely out of this world!! :love:

Sooooooo super easy to make and very quick! For those that didn't see the recipe- 1 15oz can of pumpkin and 1 box Spice Cake mix. Mix the 2 together- DO NOT ADD ANYTHING ELSE- no water, egg, NOTHING! Batter will be very thick! Spray muffin tin lightly with Pam or something similar- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. DELISH!! I had them for breakfast and added a little cream cheese to mine..... the muffins came out to 137 calories each (my tins made 16) according to the recipe builder here.

Try them- you won't be sorry!

Replies

• Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Man, I did it with carrot cake - HOLY CRAP those were good.
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Bringing up an old post. These are in the oven right now and they smell heavenly! I made mine with Carrot Cake cause that's what I had on hand.wondering how a Chocolate Cake mix would taste with it.
  • I make these with Chocolate Cake Mix and the pumpkin taste virtually disappears. It's great for when I'm craving something chocolatey! The texture is between a cake and a brownie! Soo good. Add a tbs of Cool Whip and I almost feel guilty!
  • sounds great will try - where do u buy the cool whip from?
  • Roserenee617
    Roserenee617 Posts: 3 Member
    I am making them right now. How easy and they smell delicious!!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    You guys are rockin my world right now... thanks!
  • I buy just the fat free cool whip from any grocery store.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    thanks, i joined this group last week but been at it since july, down 53 but i have really been craving some cake like dessert that did not break my calorie intake. these sound great, i will be making these tonite
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Bump
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    sounds great, will have to try!
  • aalienstar
    aalienstar Posts: 6 Member
    sounds good!
  • i read about this the other day and i went looking for cake mix today but i was like wow so many calories, i didnt realize that you didnt add the egg and stuff :( so happy to know now tho b/c i LOVE pumpkin and muffins haha

i may make into mini muffins
  • after i posted my last post, i realized i had brownie mix ... less calories than cake mix too.. im trying it now lol
  • slrea2012
    slrea2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    These are great, I have made them several times. Once I put chocolate chips in half of them for a friend who isn't dieting and she loved them.
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    I am making them with carrot cake right now! I cant wait to try one.
  • sounds wonderful!
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    bump
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    I just made the Pumpkin Muffins that were on the thread Grab and Go breakfast- absolutely out of this world!! :love:

Sooooooo super easy to make and very quick! For those that didn't see the recipe- 1 15oz can of pumpkin and 1 box Spice Cake mix. Mix the 2 together- DO NOT ADD ANYTHING ELSE- no water, egg, NOTHING! Batter will be very thick! Spray muffin tin lightly with Pam or something similar- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. DELISH!! I had them for breakfast and added a little cream cheese to mine..... the muffins came out to 137 calories each (my tins made 16) according to the recipe builder here.

Try them- you won't be sorry!

thx for info, sounds so good. I would have to make them and freeze for another day. I love pumpkin :smile:
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    i like to make mine with devil's food cake mix and one teaspoon orange extract. i make mini muffins, and freeze some.