Just got back from the ER.....

2»

Replies

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    (((((((((Pat))))))))))))) oh my goodness!! you poor guy!!!

I hear you on the "good drugs" lol....ouch those hurt I hear, and so glad they realized it too before they proceeded to operate for the appendicitis! that happened to me but it was something different and they were ready to send me to surgery for appendicitis....I guess any pain there is OBVIOUSLY appendicitis LOL...oh well....

Yes I agree w/ Pam..you deserve your ribs...just go slow and steady OH and clear liquids remember...like you told me...Vodka, Peppermint Schnapps....or improvise LOL

hugs and so happy you're okay my friend!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    WOW!! I am glad you are doing better!! Take care of yourself:happy:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    You poor baby, kidney stones are NOT FUN. And to be in Fargo (I was born there)..... away from family.... ugh.

When you get better, and you have lots of extra calories, you have to find that candy store there that makes the chocolate covered potato chips! Uh, maybe not, they are just toooooooooo good.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Bless Your Heart! I understand that it is most painful...the silver lining is that you passed it before the arrival of your fiance...enjoy your time together!
  • Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    Hey i work in a hospital setting and I heard that that is true ... i was wondering if you heard anything or was suggested to take any different kind of vitamin... there are different brands and kinds of vitamins with less calciumand so on in them ?????

Glad to hear that all is better have fun spending time with your Hunny!!!!!!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Man I am so glad I eat meat!!!!! LOL holy cow, or in this case holy pig! I dont even want to stare at a rib right now, although I enjoyed feeding my winning pig an oreo as a reward in the pig race! ( Ok so I get a little too into things sometimes, and make friends with the soon to be food! ) I am feeling much better aside from a lack of sleep, which as soon as I get settled in Ill be crashing out in no time!

I do have to go back in since I am a pilot and kidney stones voids my medical, but luckily for me I got my "baby" in a sterile vile so they can test it. Technically now that my stone is gone I can fly again but when it comes time to renew my medical in 2 years I will need the proper documentation to the FAA in order to get it renewed!

I ate ribs for half of the US, and the other half got dessert and shhh..... dont tell anyone but a couple beers! I split a deep fried oreo basket with a coworker who went, all I have to say is if I could marry those, I think my finace would be a side deal! LOL just kidding, I love her to death, although I found out she almost spent 1600 to come see me today! Yea, thats like new carpet for our soon to be possibly probably not going to accept our offer since we may have been out bid house! Anyways, thanks again so much! I still feel like I got gipped, the appendix could have been maybe a good 2-3 pound weight loss to counteract the ribs! :laugh: Im bad, but thats me, I guess Im doing good if I still have my humor!

I have been drinking mad water, like a camel only my humps are more like moobs in front! Ali your right about the liquer, I was really hurting and was seriously considering paying someone in the lobby to go buy me vodka or something to ease the pain, but they helped me out alot sooner! Man am I rambling, its been forever since Ive had a few beers, about 3 mnths, anyways thnk you all so much, hugs to all of you!:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • welp, im glad you pulled through :) I've never had a kidney stone, but i have had multiple gall stones (before they finally pulled that sucker out!) and all that i know, is that i wish i had been drugged up when i had to deal with those! ( i went through about 4 before they figured out what was wrong with me!!)

anyway! so glad you are on the path to recovery!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can still get gall stones even if your gall bladder has been taken out. My doctor explained this to me once. I don't know if I have everything exactly right, but what I remember is this: The stones are caused from bile from the liver and form in the bile duct above the gall bladder, then are stored in the gall bladder. So even without a gall bladder, stones can still form.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    How are you feeling, Barracuda (my husband , one hand on the boat, once leaped four feet out of the water into the boat to escape a pack of those critters.... funniest thing I ever saw.)